WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

16 hours ago, LBass said:

I just found a garbanzo bean on the porch!  Free food!  :wow 
Ma explained that Auntie Ann found a beetle in her salad in spite ob carefully washing the lettuce.  Auntie Ann hollered and tossed the fork full ob salad with the beetle onto the deck.  There, the pair ob them decided whether it was OK to finish their lunch salads. :rotfl  Auntie Ann is gonna clean up the deck. :nod

Um, I thought Nate already cleaned up the deck for you.

Lucy, I know people who swear by putting Vick's VapoRub on the vines near the ground. It supposedly deters the vine borers. 

If Jupe doesn't get his (humongous) pill in his meatball, I shove it down his throat.  Neither of us are happy about it but it gets the job done.

No ore rain for us.  We got our allotted 1/10" inch. *sigh*  It's supposed to be the rainy season already.

My nephew completed a 200 mile gravel bike race yesterday.  13 hours to complete and finished in the top third of the riders.  I'm tired just thinking about it.

So..... about hounds getting excited about treats.... broccoli_sm.png  I was giving Jupiter some broccoli last night from my dinner plate and he got really excited   :blush   Not "olives" excited but definitely "Ew, put that away!  Nobody wants to see that."  :blush  Anyone else get.... excited over vegetables?

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Cloudy.  Might rain.  :coffee

I’ve never had luck using pill pockets or any other sort of bribery.  I just open their mouth and shove my hand down their throat. 

Off to the SheetShack for a couple of hours :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

2 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

So..... about hounds getting excited about treats.... broccoli_sm.png  I was giving Jupiter some broccoli last night from my dinner plate and he got really excited   :blush   Not "olives" excited but definitely "Ew, put that away!  Nobody wants to see that."  :blush  Anyone else get.... excited over vegetables?

Cherry LOVES frozen vegetables- broccoli, peas, green beans and mixed vegetables.    Ivy will eat frozen green beans only.  They both LOVE cucumbers and Cherry loves carrots and tomatoes.

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Gud Sunnyday! We will be packing up and leavin in a leetle while. Mom won a print and a noo collar in da auction & raffle.

• Like 2

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Wiki, Mistress did knot wanna take New Car out in the rain?  :lol:  She's gonna be taking good care ob that car. 
Ma found a nice dog spa and I get tooken for a baff ebery 3 months, whether I need one or knot. <_<  The ladies are nice to me and I don't mind too much.  Ma's wandered the little main street and she found a coffee shop where she reads and drinks coffee whilst waiting for me to get baffed.  I will knot hope that Mistress finds a similar place to take you.

Flashy get to potty at night wif the bears?! :wow  Miz Ducky is braver than my Ma! :yay

Angie, lettuce for that salad came from the garden, so at least it was a home grown beetle. :lol:  Auntie Ann wants all concerned to know that she did warsh that lettuce well before serving. :rotfl
I unnerstand the mixed feelings for your Mom about habing lots ob werk lined up all the way through August--boff a blessing and a whole lot ob werk and being away from home. :kiss2

Ivy, in owr garden there are some insects along wif plants.  Some ob them are good insects, pollinating and such.  Other just wanna chew on Ma's projuice.  This was barely bigger than a Lady Bug and prolly made it through the various warshings by hiding where some lettuce leafs were attached to their stems. :dunno

Mam, I'm so glad the wedding was a joyous celebration wif fambily and friends. :heart
Widget looks so shiny and spruce! And he a kidlet look like a great team. :yay

Vicks Vaporub for vine borers? Ma's knot heard that and says that she'll go get some Vicks and give it a try!  Thanks, Miss Elizabeth. :D 
:wow That was a huge endeavor for your nephew! :yay
Nope, I don't get excited for food in quite that way. :rotfl  I just do big Gimme Eyes. :D

We might get rain today, which means we prolly won't.  I don't mind butt Ma would really like a good hard rain.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Happee Greyhoundie Day!  :confetti

I fink I sill celebrate with... a nap

432988067_10161654856693910_5905790200133672196_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=Qo8K58hDQksQ7kNvgE3dF4e&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=00_AYBXlyvyELnvEYJBECVY83PY0V6MDe0x4lmk4msTqoiP0A&oe=66624533

• Like 2

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

2 hours ago, LBass said:

Auntie Ann wants all concerned to know that she did warsh that lettuce well before serving. :rotfl

Wondering if you salted the water that you used.  Mommy told me that would either kill or stun all the bugs and they would wash off and sink to the bottom of the pan.  She used to check for ladybugs and then do a salt rinse twice when she washed garden lettuce.  

:wave

It's cloudy again today but no rain yet.  Tomorrow, they say.  I've read the paper, watched the news, and had breakfast.  Time for a Sunday morning nap, I think!

Miss Noo Carol

Hello my Friendlies!!

No rainings here yet, but the big green blob is nearly upon us!!!  :yikes  We'll be wetwetwet all freeking day.  <_< 

OK.  Mister Nate, this eggzakt ishoo is why Momma will NOT grow lettiss or any leefy green for eating herownseff.  The thot of getting any sorta bug in her sallid kinda makes her throw up in her mowf a little.  :puke  She even thinks about it in rastrants when she has one.  

Mister Jupiter you sure look great on that rug!!  Maybe you should lay on that instead of the curtins??  I lovelovelove broccolilis!!!  :chow  But I don't get... um... qwite that essited!!!  :eek  :blush  I don't like most other vegimals tho.  Unless they gots cheeze or dip or something on em.  I do like mashed potatows and sweet potatows.

Safe travels home to Miss Ducky and Miss Vanessa et Al!!!  :thumbs-up 

Mam we're glad you hadded a good time at the wedding!!  Mister Widget Pony and his kidlet look great together!!

Miss Ivy, I have found it's just eezeeyer to take the pill.  Otherwise the Momma's get nerviss and start just shoving em down your bikkie hole without any treats or nuthing!!!  :yikes 

Miss Noo Carol, Momma is thinking the same way you are.  She finished a book last nite tho and is still in that in between state where she doesn't qwite wanna start a new one yet.  It was a really good historical fantasy book based on the Moorish occupayshun of the Iberian penninsula.   :grad   It was really good and very emoshunal and she hadded tears in her eyeballs at the ending.  But she's got three or four books in her ToBeReaded pile, so she may get a new one started.

Plus also, she's gotta get some lawndry done - again - because it's gonna be too hawt to run the dryer later on in the week.  Plus also also, she wants to try and make those yogurt biskets in the fried air masheen again. 

Wishings for a saintly Sunnyday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Carol, that's interesting.  I've never heard or seen lettuce rinsed in salted water.  We'll give it a try. Thanks! Lucy

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Alla this talk of baffs, I thot I was gonna get it myownself today. :unsure Mistress took some soap and a buncha towels in the baffroom so I went and curled up reel liddle on my beddie. And she didn’t come for me! Turns out it was juss hand wash the cashmere sweaters day. Whew!

Other than that it’s pritty hot and hoomid here today. We slept late so by the time we got out for Wiki walkie we could juss go for a short one.

Keep up the good werk Ivy! No pills or medisins! Iffen your momma tries the peenut budder, you can still win. Juss roll that peenut budder ball round in your mouf until you get alla peenut budder then spit the pill part out. I know you can do it! Iffen she goes the shove it down your throat route, there is also still hope. You can hork it back up unless she puts it literally down your throat.

Miss Mam, the weddink sounds lubley. And Widget is  kewte hoppin over the poles.

Nate, my Mistress thot of your ladies as she was washin the lettiss today. It was from the store but that kind wiff the dirty roots still attached so she wash it cupple times. I theenk she got a good method wiff the salit spinney. But reelly, a bug is less worrysum to her than some other stuff.

Woah! Jupe shore like brocccolllis. :wow :blush

Mistress wants to take the car for a longer ride on the hiway so I’ll prolly get boksed up. Ontse it gets dirty I’ll get to go in it. She does want to take me to see the beeg lake, or at leest the bay. We can get to a cupple nice parks on the bay really kwik. My Mistress got a bit snarky wiff sum cowerkers the other day when they thot the Great Lakes didn’t have beeches. :angry:

I slept thru the movie lass nite so I’ll let Mistress talk to Miss Nancy of the Berg.

Wiki :ph34r

Nancy, I knew the premise of Poor Things so that wasn’t weird to me. However, I wasn’t expecting so much sex. :yikes :lol: I thought it was OK. The cinematography and scenery were the best parts for me.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Kathy it is not a pill pocket . It is something different it is a pill w

Charlie how is toe all better?  Are you & Zorro all packed up & ready to go?

Wiki we saw on the news your neck of the woods is suppose to get yuck weather. Does Mistress safely have the new car in the garage ?

Back later,  Bitzi  

Cl

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Oh yes, the car lives nice and snug in the garaj!  Yeah, next three days are gonna be rainy rains wiff potentshal for severes.  Sigh.

:ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

18 hours ago, sabrina said:

Kathy  go to Chewy's .  They sell a thing called wrap-A-pill. I buy Pet MD, cheese & bacon flavor pill paste. Bitzi loves it. It also comes in other flavors.

Caroline, I ordered the cheese and bacon flavor today- I'll let you know how it works for Ivy!    Thanks!

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

We are here! We onlee had to stop once, and da backup wuz in da usual spots, south ob Columbia. Da Galoot drank a ton ob water, he needs a big refill affer a whole weekend ob Pee on Yer Pee.

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Hola howndees, thees Zavvi the Bandito weeth the gleeming black coat! Yesterday I charmed the laydeez at the bath house, they told the long legged human that I had “taken it all in my stride”. Well of course I did, I yam the brayve Bandito! Of corse I showed the human up by “marking” their doorpost on the way in AND on the way out and, because “yu gotta go wen yu gotta go”, she had to pick up after me as I left the building. Some in the entrance and some outside.

I hav also managed to “mark” the long legged houndee a couple of times wen I want to be sure I win the pee on your pee stakes. If she ees in my way that ees not my fault.

Eet will soon be bedtime so I have to leeve yu all. Mees Wiki, your new motor suits your personality, mucho better than the small red theeng that I get transported in!

Zavvi, sweet smelling ( for the moment) Bandito.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Hello me freends!

I yam sorry I scared yoo wiff da baff talk. Poor liddle Zavvi got one. I feel yoo me freend...

Awl obs dis packing habs made Zorro del galgo nerbous. And momma-bear habs been extra careful to do it gently. So bakk on dem pills he goes! 

We awr boff habbing a hunger strike (unless dare's a wet-fud feast on owr kibbuls!) Whilst momma-bear iz reliebed dat it cost less bikkie money to feed us, she says we can knot survive on a dollop obs fancy feast and libber treats. We always end up eeting ebberyfing anyway. Just on OWR schedoole!

Noffing noo heer, momma-bear wentid to see planes fly upside down whilst she stayed firmly on da ground yesstirday and gottid a bad sunburn. She iz so fair skin! So today she stayed inside while we wentid frolicking outside. She did take us for a walkie though. She iz a gud momma-bear.

Yoor freend,

Charlie, wiff da normil sized toe now

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Posted (edited)

Ok.  Here's Miss Patsy's Reunion Wear fashion parade!!  With commentary from the prospective wearer!

This was my find on Maui last December.  So comfortable and it even has pockets!

53763820587_3f87ea1b90_z.jpgIMG_4636 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Not sure about the orange.  I think I was getting desperate.

53765056719_ff264e5810_z.jpgIMG_4635 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Ditto for this.  The ruffled sleeve is long enuf to avoid my no sleeveless dictum.

53764922293_12637dcd25_z.jpgIMG_4632 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Much nicer looking on.  All cotton and comfy!

53764922288_8d5755f4d2_z.jpgIMG_4631 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

There's one more I can't get to upload.  I'll post it when I can figure that out!

Miss Chris ;)

Ok here's the last one

53765444215_1929c19120_z.jpgIMG_4634 by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Edited by greysmom
  • Like 1

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Bath time for Little Bandito Zavvi    :bath    Sounds like Nuttymeg may need herown legs washed off  ;)

Vanessa et Al made it home from MH.  Wonder how close Ducky is getting?

Glad yourown toe is feeling better, Charlie  :)    Sorry the packing-up is is making Zorro feel knot quite his ownself  :(

I love all Miss Patsy's noo outfits   :wub:

I spent a long day in the Shack but I will take tomorrow and Tuesday off :yay

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Ducky made it home about the time I did, she had a longer drive and had to drop her friend off, too. Plus she doesn't have buns of steel anymore, so she probably had more stretch breaks than we did.

Oh, and you can call me Al

I've read everything but am too exausticated to remember much

Ok ok ok I am home.
Going and coming I left at 5:15am and arrived at 3:15pm.
Flashy was awesome! No whining, no drooling on the drive. Knot a peep out of her when left alone in the hotel room.
She is a cereal pooper, meaning she could fill up a very large cereal bowl with every outing. The owelo carrots do bulk it up.
She didn't care if any houndie wanted to sniff her butt or gt in her face.
When she'd done her business she wanted to return to the hotel right then, tugging my toward the entrance, across the walkway, would stop right in front of our room and touch the door with her nose. She got a small cookie after each walkie and would nudge the dresser drawer where I had them stashed. Then she'd flop down for a nap.
AND drumroll please... she did stairs! No stairs in my house. But to get to a friend's room at the hotel she had to go down 3 steps, walk across the landing above the indoor pool, and another first: ride in an elevator.  The decorative quilting lady had us practicing up and down up and down.  Then Last night she did it all by herownself with no other houndie to lead the way.

My lecture was, "Now you see him, now you don't. Equipment malfunctions you've never thought could happen." On the table in front of me is some defective leash clips, collars, carabiners, plus my talk outline. I gave away 2 carabiners to all who attended and raffled a personalized ID collar (just dog name and phone # printed on the fabric) donated by a vendor friend. I had a one page/two sided handout on collar fit and some specifics on the bad and good products. Hand I known the hotel security camera was gonna film me I woulda worn spanks. Although I was hoping for newbie owners to attend, everyone there had had houndies for years and come to Mtn Hounds often. My talk was on Thursday and it usually isn't until Friday that most of the attendees roll in. I had enough one-liners interspersed to keep them awake whilst wearing a necklace made of carabiners clips thatmademelook ghetto. :rofl In the photo I am demonstrating a too-loose collar. Normally I would have practiced my talk with my outline, but no time that day.  My friend Claire and I were recruited to hand out the pre-purchased event t shirts and goody bags for the senior houndies, wiht my talk following immediately afterward. I got tongue tied a few times but survived.

There were assorted dramas. A 3 year old houndie in distress wouldn't budge. Owner thought it was the screws in her hock. I made some calls and got carrying help (that we didn't need because said hounde accepted bribes), and found the vet who was the GFNC guest speaker. He did a full body range of motion check and found nothing dramatical saying it was most likely time to have the screws removed. Owner had some tramadol but vet said the houndie girl would need meloxicam.....which I just happened to have for me. With the vet's approval, I gave the owner 3 pills to kee[ the houndie comfy until they got home (half and 7.5 pill every 24 hours). BUT before the vet had arrived on scene, another friend and I looked at the collar..,looked at each other...then looked at the owner as we both said..."we're gonna tighten up this collar!" It was soooooo loose it's a wonder it didn't fly of her head when the owner was pulling on her to move.

Chitchatted with another owner cuz I was curious about her Air tag, in particular the reception she was able to get in the mountains. She shows me how the phone app works and >drumroll< it shows her greyhound is still back home several states away- meaning the location of the last update. Then she checks the one on her purse and sees it is safe in the hotel. Here she was trusting it and the battery was DED.

I did get to see a brief glance at Joy from a distance, and talked with Carol a few times. Both looked to be in poor shape. :(

> insert emoji for SEVEN bears < Two different appearances at our event tent whilst we were eating, but this cub just walked on by. Three on a backroad drive to avoid the main drag through town, each in different places, all were one year old cubs. One at the county park, probably the same one Vanessa saw that then came down the creek behind the hotel. One larger bear climbed the 3' chainlink fence around the pool to get to the non-bear proofed trash cans. That one was around 10pm. Lucy, we all watched him safely from the overhead walkway, but some idiots stood right beside the ground level fence. They skedaddled when he went to climb back out. We were told he was probably the same one who climbed the fence around the other pool at the hotel.

Tomorrow I'll work on posting the few photos I have of Flashy and I, and some taken by others of the bear encounters I mentioned.

Where's Kerry? I haven't seen her post in a while.

• Like 5

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Patsy I vote for the outfits in this order. 

1, 5, 2, 

I think that you would look lovely in any of them!

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Whew!  Busy, but productive, days for Ducky   :thumbs-up

:dunno    Kerry has been MIA for a while.  The college must be super busy with the term ending.   :dunno

Miss Patsy, I lubs dress # 1 the best.  5 and 2 are my next choices just like Miss Carol Ann voted too!

Miss Patsy mom likes   #2 best than # 5 but they are all nice.

Ducky & Vanessa glad you  only had bear sightings & not encounters.  I am surprised that all the trash cans arent the bear proof kind. Those poor cubs are really lost when their moms leave them.

Didnt Kerry say the last time she was on that she was going to take a pause ?

Sweet dreams,  Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

I kinda like the orange one, but I do not know if it would go with Miss Patsy's haircolor cause I'm color blind!  :P  Sekind choice is #1 then #5.

Yes, Miss Kerry was dealing with a lot between skool and some health problem wiff her BFF.  Plus also, Momma feeled bad cause she knows Miss Kerry and Antie Jennie dont like the horsie racing, but she is so essited about she just had to say something somewheres!  :(

Miss Ducky you sure hadded a big weekend!!  We're glad to hear Miss Flashy is a good traveller and you boff hadded a good time!  :thumbs-up

Like I suspected, not much got done today.  :rolleyes:

Later Gaters!!

AP - dealing with a cold gray day