WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

8 minutes ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Plus it is cooler this morning

Meanwhile, in Florida...

448534621_981326537336754_2379527926575125523_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=kPVQAdcA-dgQ7kNvgEDE6Hm&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=00_AYDwpzM0t63eNIiMuWPhTZxZAEQJTfFIpMZuhPP2PPZmXg&oe=667B4976

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

TGIF! Mom iz off to da big howse, hopefully dey habs chillee airs. We will be Poppin in to check on Tiller and ebberyone else.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Lupin, I'm glad it will cool off a bit where you are.  Isn't this heat miserable!  Ma is endlessly grateful for werking heat pump.  So am I. :nod  I'm glad you're seeing the vet today for your lumpity.  backandforth for good news.

AP, wif the sweating, I fink my Ma and your Miss Chris are sisters from another mother!  Sisters in Sweat.  What a great name for a club. :D
Ma's first job a s a programmer was with a manufacturing company that took aluminum ingot, melted it, and rolled it into huge coiled rolls of hot aluminum used for various purposes.  The main plant building was 3 stories, aluminum sided, with built in huge industrial fans.  However, with 2 furnaces, 5 annealing ovens, and a room full ob huge rolls ob aluminum, all exuding heat--all located in hot and humid Charleston, SC--that place was a oven in the summer.  Ma had a nice ACed office butt she felt for the werkers.  The company had cold water all over the place, plus lots ob fruits like bananas for added potassium.  Ma felt so much for the factory werkers.

Bitzi, they did make a big batch ob "marinated cucumbers" which are no trouble refrigerator pickles.  Ma loves them!  I don't. :sick 

Miss Elizabeth, what a great job you did for those boys wif wonderful meals!  I'm sorry you hadaa fight that oven door.

Tiller's home! :confetti Butt he's on injured reserve. :kiss2 

Miss Halise, medical worries and too hot weather for your MRI.  KNOT FAIR! :kiss2

Grocery shopping and werk wif the trainer today for the Old Girls.  I've been out 3 times already today, looking the those Ghost dogs. :D

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I am a 'head sweater'! It's embarrassing, but there is nothing I can do about it, so I just live with it. 

Carol Ann with the dripping hair! 

• Like 1

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh my dog! Miss Sherrie and Tiller are you in competishun wiff Miss Cindy for how many bad thins can happen to you? :wow This is not a good game! I hope Tiller is fixed up and doing OK.

Nutmeg, I lubs getting brushies wiff the nubby glove! I see it comin and juss stand in front of Mistress so she can brush me. And like wiff you, she gots to cleen it out hundertlebenty times. I get impayshunt and want more brushies and get in the way when she’s tryin to dispose of my furs. Woah, your Mum is doing her Krikkulmuss cards already?!?! My Mistress did try to buy sum Chrispmix stamps lass week on account the price going up soon but they didn’t have any leftover.

Miss Halise, I shore hope you’re AOK.

Mailboks lahsahnah! I’d eat that. 

My Mistress got alla her lawnmowerin done yessirday! It went pritty good despite it being kinda wet. We hafta get out for Wiki walkie soon on account the rains are comin again. But Mistress is waitin on solvin a werk mystree. Mayhaps Miss Loosy would unnerstan. She bin waitin on a test file that they claim was sent but it can’t be found. The fear is that it got clubbed togedder (as the Indians would say :P) wiff the real live produktshun file.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Tiller did well in hospital last night. Still no report from radiologist to send to surgeon. He did not bother his splint at all. And yes, the staff keep finding reasons to keep his pets and ear skritches going every few minutes.

I did not sleep well at all. Not because of Tiller, he is in good hands. There are new neighbors next door that bought and moved in while I was in hospital.  They must be from Louisiana or Mississippi from their accents. And they spent all night carrying on, on their back porch, in the humid Texas heat. They were still laughing and talking at 7am. I may have to introduce them that their new home came with AC!

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

We did our Wiki Walkie this morning and it wuz knot hot!  80 degrees wif a leetle bit ob cool wind.  Plusalso our streets are mostly shady wif lots ob trees.  We did see a beeeeg doggie in the distance - Cherry's ears went up and Momma culdn't tell whot kind ob doggie it wuz- Maybe a Great Danish?   :dunno 

Momma is leabing soon for her lunch in Baltymore and Daddy will be leabing wif Auntie Gwen soon too.   We will habs the house to ourselbes in the chilly airs.   Time for :nappy 

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Miss Sherry, I hope those noisy neighbors settle down to be decent and quiet. :kiss2  Tiller, :goodluck you get home today. :kiss2

Miss Carol Ann is a fellow dripping sufferer.  No hugs.  It's to hot. :D

Ma got a letter yesterday saying that she is being considered to serve on a federal jury and had to complete an on line questionnaire wifin 10 days or else. :eek She did that today and will await developments. She sure hopes that, if called to serve, she won't hab to go the Columbia, the state capitol.  

Shopping is complete and I've been out some more times, wandering the yard to check things out. I like doing that.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

One more hawthawthawt day today, then a few degrees less tamarrow.  Then cloudings Sunnyday morning wiff maybe drizzlings too.  <_<  

Miss Loosy, Momma could never ever have a workjob in condishuns like that luminum plant!!!  :eek  There used to be one wummin in the hopera chorus a long time ago.  She was just a skinny minny kind of thing, and pretty tall.  Momma would just die d-e-d from how hawt and heavy the costooms were - some of those period dresses with alla the layerings are really thick and heavy - plus also, she would really be all sweaty by the end of the nite!!  :rolleyes:  Anyway.  This skinny minny wummin would wear long unnerwears unner alla those layers cause she said she was always cold!!!!  :yikes 

Miss Halise we're glad you're getting chekked out.  Momma has started noticing herown hands shaking sometimes.  She's almost scarded to say anything cause they'll want her to get anuther EmArEye of her head and she will NOT survive anuther one!!

Have a fun time with your friendlies Miss Kathy!!  :thumbs-up 

Miss Vanessa, we sure hope you gots AyCee in your bilding!!

Miss Sherrie we sure hope Mister Tiller doesn't need to have a casting!!!  Tho I did OK with mine for so long.  But I had to have it changed by the docter every 10 days or so, so I didn't get sores on my skin!!  :kiss2  

Miss Vanessa, like Mam said, it's not your job to keep Mister Richard ennertained.  He's a fully adult persin with full mental capasities and he can figger it out iffen he wants to.  You're not his Momma you're his wife.  And, as Momma's sisser in law said to her, at some point they have to decide how they are gonna live theirown life.  And not making any decishuns is the same as making one, just in a negativity way.  :kiss2   So don't feel gilty for keeping bizzy and having friendlies you do things with!!

Miss Wiki we hope Miss Jerilyn founded the solushun to her mistery.  I love getting brushies too!  We don't gots a glub, we gots a Zoomy Groomy!!  I lovelovelove those little fingers rubbing all over my back!!!  :D  Me and Flizzie are doing a big shedding rite now too!!

Momma did not get our cornings planted yesserday but she got the dirt all ready and stuff and then got all sweaty and tired, so that still gots to be done today.  Plus also we gotta get emergency groshries cause we are almost out of milk and paper towels!!  :lol  

Wishings for a fantasikal Friedday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

AndyPandy, we gots emergensee grossereeze kumming in abowt an hower ‘cos Mum forgottid to fone the pet shop (agayne) to order ower fudz and we wer down to the lasst tin and pakkit ov meets. She orda at 10.00.pee emm lasst nyte so we gots sum suppa fower us tunyte! She gotta pay mor fower deelivree butt she shud hav got hur akt tugevver and order erleeyer inna week! Now we kan KNOT go owt fower a waak inkayse the Ocado man fone to say he gonna be erlee. Itt KNOT so nyse owt ther now az the sunne dissypeer and it klowdee and breezee.

Wiki, Mum deesyned hur Krikkulmuss kaardz and deesyde to get the Lino kut and print them up ‘cos thay gotta lotta hand kullering on them and eetch wun will be diffrunt. She did KNOT want to be trying to get them dun a week befor Krikkulmuss. She gotta staart finking abowt wat she gonna do fower the offiss Krikkulmuss window soon!

Howpe Tiller kan kum howme suun.

Miss. Lizabeff,  Mum sez “Pleeze keep hur surgeschun in mynde”.

Wagz to awl mi frendz,

Nutmeg, who sent Zavvi packing wen he try to jump up on mi hed wen I lying onna settee!

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Going to be out of town again for several days. Stay cool, everyone!

:wave Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Mailbox Lasagne :lol       Pretty sure it would have baked quite nicely up here the past few days.  Today is very warm ( 25C/feels like 31C ) but thankfully the humidity has dropped. Looks like we’re in for a couple of rainy days.

:goodluck   Tiller.  Hope you’re home soon.

:thumbs-up     RECarol.  Always planning & thinking ahead!

So.  One of the useless young Desk Girls has given 2 weeks notice.  Manager & my wonderful co-worker interviewed someone today and after much discussion offered her the job but have not yet heard back.  It would mean a few more desk hours for me to train her and she also -understandably - has some summer plans that can’t be changed. 

Oh!! I saved a little red fox this morning.  We have several on and about the Inn property (100 acres). They often have their babies under one of the cabins and we see them almost every day.  Well, seems this little one got herownself caught in the soccer net. The  (other) useless overnight desk gal saw it when she was leaving and went up to let it free.  I got to the Inn moments later as she was driving back to the Inn.  She said she couldn’t get it free and that the netting was all wrapped around its mouth.  But..the doofus hadn’t even take a pair of scissors or a knife with her. Sigh.  I grabbed some (rather dull) scissors and off I went.  The net was not around its mouth at all…just a piece of netting was in its mouth.  It took only a few seconds to cut the bit of netting from around its neck and off she scampered  :yay

Pap is down at his BFF helping him with some mundane task but has promised to bring home take-out for supper :chow

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Good werk wiff the fox Miss Mam! :clap

My own Mistress prolly saved a life this week too but hers was sum bandit bizniss in the dark of nite cause it mite have involved a teeny tiny bit of trepassin. :ph34r :wow

Wiki, we're all bandits here :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

8 hours ago, jenners said:

:rofl Mailbox Lasagna!

Miss Jennie

It comes in vegetable lasagna, too. :chow

Chris, now see, there's another reason not to be so skinny.  I do not need long underwear to keep warm. :nod

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Momma wuz gone for soooo long!  But she came home around 3:00 and we ran around and greeted her at the door!    But Cherry wuz a baddogbaddogwhoseabaddog whilst she wuz gone.   Cherry growled at Auntie Gwen and at Daddy too!   Momma thinks that it is cuz Daddy is bery confuzzled today (the full moon is tonight) plusalso  Cherry werries when Auntie Gwen comes cuz they always go out and leave us alone when she comes.    But after they went to lunch they came back and stayed in the house wif us and did a jigsaw puzzle whilst waiting for Momma to come home.  Momma wuz knot happy when she found out that Cherry wuz a bad dog! :devil    But I wuz a gudgirl!  :angel

Is Tiller home yet?  

Mailbox lasagna!  :rofl 

Mam wuz a hero and saved a red fox!  :yay 

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Tiller is staying at the hospital at least until Monday. 

Radiologist report came in with both bones in his foreleg involved. A fractured bone, a broken bone and a loose chip in his wrist. No sign of any other unmentionable issue. Whew! Thank goodness.

I have an appt Monday late afternoon for a surgical consult appt at another facility. Plates and screws are in Tiller's future. Where he is at they spoil him rotten. A couple vet volunteers, from our group, are spending extra time with him to keep him quiet. He is eating the attention up.

Once I have the consult, if surgery is quick, will leave him at surgery center. If several days I will take him back to our vet to maintain pain and mental health boarding then return him for surgery. He has issues with getting up and positioning to potty with the splint.

Have not figured out after care yet. Don't know if I will be able to do it or send him to stay with friends that have lots of experience with broken legged dogs. Rusty skills but more than I do.

I left a message with my surgeon office to see if I can drive yet while following his as tolerated limited bending of my knee rules. My car has hand controls but will I be able to get in/out without more than 10 degrees bending. Need to practice first to see if possible.

Tiller was turning his nose up at the vet's office chef skills. A friend came, picked up some of his own food and took it to vet. Report tonight was they need to slow his gulping down. I told them to put warm water on it and he eats slower. They put a note on his kennel.

Wish me luck with permission to drive so I can go see my boy.

Thank you for all the good thoughts.

• Like 4
gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Posting dis for Mizz Cindy :P:

https://petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=CARR.A104934

Oh Tiller, buddy, :clover to yoo.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I'm behind again and this keyboard is displaying letters that I don't want!  At least I've finally read everything.  

Miss Lucy, I think you meant to say "FIXIN' to start to begin . . . ." :rotfl :rotfl

Miss Sherrie, I hope Tiller gets put back together soon and can come home with you.  

Cherry, be nice!  This is stressful for everyone so you need to stop growling at Aunt Gwen. 

I am tired, and tired of fighting this demon keyboard!!  Will talk more tomorrow.  Have a good night!

• Haha 1

Miss Noo Carol

6 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

it mite have involved a teeny tiny bit of trepassin. :ph34r :wow

Wiki, we're all bandits here

You simply cannot leave that little gem there!  We need the rest of the story riteawayqwik. 

• Like 3

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Yes, Miss Jerilyn, do KNOT leave us hanging like that!  Aktually Momma wuz considering a wee bit on trespassing herownself to help a leetle tree in distress..:ph34r

It’s playgroop day! :bounce8 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Good werk wiff the fox Miss Mam! :clap

My own Mistress prolly saved a life this week too but hers was sum bandit bizniss in the dark of nite cause it mite have involved a teeny tiny bit of trepassin. :ph34r :wow

Wiki, we're all bandits here :ph34r

ca1a20_664c03491766459ab891402e473d68f4~   I'ma need that story.  :drama

Yesterday, my friend Carm came over and we finished up a project sewing crate pads for the local animal shelter.  We made and donated 35 of them and said, "We're done.  No more pads."  They're very tedious and we force ourselves to get through them.

448880107_10161831051303910_1265859789148609178_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=3T0onS17leoQ7kNvgGNPIj4&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=00_AYC-vCZxkj2mismUgDzNIjYhbtqJavvRdWfxayMj6yjNBQ&oe=667C78FC

Ivy's off to playgroup and I'm off to Crossroads (4th Saturday of the month).

• Like 1

Finally a lovely cool 18C morning   :coffee

Have fun at playgroup :gh_run

Well done, Elizabeth  :thumbs-up

Oh Tiller  :(       Sure hope Sherrie can manage getting in and out of the car.  Sounds like you have an amazing Greyhound community.

Wiki :ph34r

Pap and the skin kid & Brett are going fishing.  Supposed to rain.

I’ll be off to ride Patty.  She’s had an entire week off!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg