What do you want for your birthday? A puppy and tacos

This will be a year to remember for a long time coming. After losing Tessie to osteo last August, I was waiting for the right dog to show up in our lives. I was open to many breeds. But also really missed have a weird skinny dog in the house. I was on Instagram and saw Tessie’s group post a photo of a baby dog that was coming to Colorado from a coyote hunting farm in Nebraska. I reached out to the president and asked if I could foster. Then had to make my husband think that it was his idea. So he agreed to foster unnamed puppy who was arriving on February 18th. 2/18!!!!! Grace’s birthday and Fenway’s gotcha day. Fate? Maybe. 

She didn’t have a name. I started calling her Churro. Her was calling her Poppy. Not Big Papi. Lil Poppy. She arrived and could have just as easily been terrified of humans, but instead jammed her cute little puppy face into my neck. She stunk to high heaven. We drove her home and stuck her in the tub. All 12 lbs of her. Turns out a warm bath and a full belly will bring out the spunk. She is equal parts sugar and spice. 

Last week when DH asked what I wanted for my birthday, I made it really easy for him this year. I want a puppy and tacos. So we signed her contract today and will be going to get combo #7 for dinner tonight. 

Welcome home Lil Poppy. You have a big collar to fill, but I think you’re up for the task. 

53569935213_3325fc420f_o_d.jpg

53596348266_18e0667378_o_d.jpg

53595470597_aa1240de60_o_d.jpg

• Like 6

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Awesome!

The birthday present, the coincidences, and especially Lil Poppy with the big smile. :beatheart 

Congratulations to the whole family. :confetti 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

As excited as I am about the bathroom sinks I got for my birthday last week, I think you got the better gift. :lol (At least I got burritos too.)

:b-day To you and an official welcome to Poppy! :beatheart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Not "puppies and a taco" but "a puppy and tacos" - smart girl! Happy birthday and welcome home, officially, Lil Poppy :b-day :confetti

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She was so stinkin' cute and now she is just too cute!  Congrats on your adorable birthday gift!  Certainly sounds like you were getting some signs from beyond!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Congrats and happy birthday! She is ridiculously cute!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Oh this little one is a nut. I love her. She is definitely giving me a run for my money. Little fatty is 20 lbs now (she was 12 when we got her a month ago) and you can still see all her ribs. Her little knobby knees are so stinking cute. 

• Like 1

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)