Unfortunate Christmas Tragedy - 2023 Update!

Many, MANY years ago there once was a family that had a lot of Greyhounds. They came in all colors and sizes and personalities and behaviors. Gizzy was first hound and she was "Gizzy the Perfect". She was a tiny brindle girl who at all times was a little lady. The 'rents thought that Gizzy should have a friend, so three months later they adopted another girl. This was Specky! She was a bit bigger than Gizzy and was white with a gazillion black spots! Specky was KNOT a 'little lady'! She was a rough and tough crazy girl! Specky could make any day a fun day! Raining outside? No problem! Just run full speed through a puddle! No one to play fetch with her? Then just throw the toy in the air and catch it herself! Specky especially loved to 'surf' on the living room rug! She could ride that wave like no other!

Specky was a wild woman! But even crazy wild girls know that at Christmas time, they need to be on their bestest behaviour so that Santa Claus will bring them presents. I mean what houndie would want a lump of coal in their stocking? One year Specky decided that she should get up close and personal with the Santa ornament on the Christmas tree. I mean the little guy looked so realistic he must be a true messenger for Santa, right? So Specky stole the Santa and was having a deep conversation with him, trying to convince Santa that she truly had been a good girl that year. In her normal exuberant manner, Specky was a wee bit too mouthy with Santa. OR maybe Santa was just not having her explanations and she resorted to a different style of persuasion - we will never know. At any rate, poor Santa was found on the ground in front of the tree with a few body parts misplaced and broken. The Mama tried her very best to do a Humpty Dumpty operation on Santa but he was never 'quite' the same again.

Even though Specky made a bad choice that year, Santa forgave her and still brought her toys! Specky left us back in 2013, but we still think of her every year when we put up our Christmas tree. I remember the fun loving girl who never met a stranger and was never bored. That will be my goal for 2024. Be friendly to everyone and never be bored. Be more like Specky! 

Happy Holiday to everyone.

411734352_10226796989045484_632834058385412010386_10226796988925481_230264387599

Edited by cello
  • Haha 1

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Be friendly to everyone and never be bored.  Be like Specky!!

Words to live by!!!  :beatheart 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

It must be Christmas now!  CarolAnn you did an amazing job reconstructing Santa. I remember the pile of pieces you began with. 🙀

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Specky :beatheart had a plan :thumbs-up

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Specky lives on through her Santa story and her philosophy. :beatheart :beatheart 

Aside: 2013? Srsly? Sheesh. I didn't think she'd been gone that long.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Brings back early memories of club discussions with my JJ and Dustin.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.