Devious tactics…

We have been very lucky in many ways to have Buddy as our first dog, not least in that he doesn’t have separation anxiety. When we first got him, he would get into a tizz when I would leave for work, but once we settled into a routine, this decreased until he would only really get worked up if we both left him at the same time. This doesn’t happen often as we don’t go out that much, and when we do we try to take him most places with us. When we do go out without him we give him a treat which he usually takes to his bed which allows us to sneak out. We’ve come to recognise that he is now more concerned that we might leave without giving him a treat rather than us going out without him.

This morning: we planned a trip to the cinema so got ready to go. We put Bud’s treat on the mantelpiece which he could smell, so while we were putting shoes on he was circling the entrance hall sniffing the air. As usual, we gave him his treat and looked to slip out. Buddy had other plans and decided to plant himself firmly in front of the front door, and eat his rabbit ear so quickly that we couldn’t get out, so we had to get him another treat. Then we made our escape.

Two minutes out we realised that neither of us had a bank card to pay for the breakfast we planned to have before going to the cinema. So we had to go back in and give the boy another treat so we could leave. We think Buddy may also have been responsible for removing Dan’s bank card from his wallet so we had to return.

Is my dog an evil genius? I think so. :kickbutt

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Did you find food delivery containers in the trash when you got home? :lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Buddy! Doin it rite! :lol

How was your date? :love2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Greyhounds are much better people trainers than people are greyhound trainers!!!!  :lol

Good job Buddy!!!  :thumbs-up

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

6 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Buddy! Doin it rite! :lol

How was your date? :love2

It was nice although we spend most of the time wondering out loud whether Buddy is alright. So yes, @greysmom, we are very very trained (although we can always do better :lol)

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

I can imagine Buddy sitting on the sofa with a white cat "So MerseyGrey I expect you to return immediately and bring me my rabbit ears"

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

20 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

...he is now more concerned that we might leave without giving him a treat rather than us going out without him.

That is EXACTLY how Stanley is. He doesn't mind being alone (refuses to go up the stairs and prefers to sleep alone on the ground floor of the house).  But when you get ready to leave he demands Abandonment Compensation in the form of a treat  :lol

Was a subscriber in the mid 2000s (the aughts!).  Reactivated in 2021.  What'd I miss?

LOL...I would believe it!  I had one that used to hide one dress shoe from a pair and, yet, bring me a sneaker...he knew the dress shoes meant work and the sneaker meant walk!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

On 1/3/2022 at 2:18 AM, HeyRunDog said:

I can imagine Buddy sitting on the sofa with a white cat "So MerseyGrey I expect you to return immediately and bring me my rabbit ears"

:rofl

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound