Replacing Hounds' Vehicle

FiveRoooooers

So, I can't find the thread I'd started earlier about with what to replace the current BOH (Box O'Hounds). Other than stealing Cindy's 2017 Subaru Forester with manual transmission (which, btw, I have KNOT completely taken off the table :lol Cindy :kiss2) I'd be grateful to hear your thoughts again. Thanks!!

eta, Original link found!! Keep the thoughts coming tho :)

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Every Crossover and SUV You Can Still Buy With a Manual Transmission

07/21/20, Car & Driver

Every 2020 Car you Can Still Get With a Manual Transmission

04/06/20, Carfax  (just a list)

Personally, and I think I said this before, we're looking at either a Highlander Hybrid or 4Runner as a replacement dog car.  If I had unlimited funds and a luxery frame of mind I'd go for a Ford Flex.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

19 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

Cletus would like a low rider. 

Tony "El Tigre" :rivethead

:lol

Thanks for the thoughts and links everyone!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 minute ago, ramonaghan said:

:spoot Your chariot awaits!

DSC00004.JPG

:rofl :lol: Perfect!

1 hour ago, MerseyGrey said:

Your thread...and I still love the Volvo V90 although I’m not sure it would be big enough for five campers

Thank you for your thoughts and for finding the original link - I couldn't remember which forum it was in :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

:spoot Your chariot awaits!

DSC00004.JPG

When I used to drive through parts of Central IL I would encounter one of the Kreckel's Chicken Cars from time to time.  I loved seeing them. 

Kreckel's Chicken Cars

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

29 minutes ago, Beachbum1 said:

You people are so helpful :tomato :lol

Cletus is from out of state and hasn't yet taken his CT drivers test :lol:

Edited by FiveRoooooers

22 minutes ago, Beachbum1 said:

"Splain to me Ricky".......why the manual transmission?  (note: I have had 13 stick shift vehicles)

It keeps Cletus from driving alone after dark.  His legs are too short to shift and clutch at the same time. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

You need a bus, something like VW T4 or T5. When you take the back seats outs you can fit all campers inside. And Sliding doors are a great benefit, too. Plus older dogs can easily get into a bus and you can easily get in there if one of them needs help.

I want a Citroen Jumpy (double sliding doors and ac under the roof) but I don't know if you have them over there.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

13 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

It keeps Cletus from driving alone after dark.  His legs are too short to shift and clutch at the same time. 

Unless, of course, he uses his nonstop tail ;)

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

VW doesn't sell vans in the US anymore, and that's a shame. Their last one was a rebadged Chrysler Town & Country.

My parents had an El Camino back in the 70s. No giant chicken in the back, tho.

I believe GT'er jimsherriek has a Flex.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

39 minutes ago, palmettobug said:

VW doesn't sell vans in the US anymore, and that's a shame. Their last one was a rebadged Chrysler Town & Country.

Coming in 2022! https://evbite.com/everything-we-know-about-the-vw-electric-bus-id-buzz/

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

1 hour ago, ramonaghan said:

aka Tiny House on Wheels :lol Love it! 

I learned to drive in a 70's ford truck with three on the tree.  I was told if I mastered that I could drive any vehicle known to man. 

Only my first car (Oldsmoble Omega) was automatic.  I actually had to special order my 2002 Protégé to get 4 on the floor.  Best thing in college was that the mooching sorority sisters without wheels would ask to borrow cars.  I'd smile and say "SURE,,it's manual" and they quickly faded away.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg