A Hundred Lebbenty Degrees In Phoenix

And Kate decides it's a good time to sunbathe on the astroturf. :jaw

ImcnNx9.jpg

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:wacko:

Even Kibo, our little black boy from the south of Spain, thinks that she  is :crazy

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

39 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

Kate's awfully cute with her squiggly tail, but as Miss Jan would say, that dog's knot rite! 

She definitely marches to her own drummer.  She's always been very laid back, but we are starting to see the broodie in her appear every once in a while. Petunia displays enough broodie for both of them. :lol

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

11 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

She definitely marches to her own drummer.  She's always been very laid back, but we are starting to see the broodie in her appear every once in a while. Petunia displays enough broodie for both of them. :lol

Tried to PM you but maybe your inbox is full. I think you should come to Nashville and get this guy in honor of Rocket (note the name). Looks like he might have some greyhound in there, doesn't he? The broodies would love a one-year-old. :rofl 

https://www.proverbs1210rescue.org/animals/detail?AnimalID=15971087

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

1 hour ago, ramonaghan said:

Tried to PM you but maybe your inbox is full. I think you should come to Nashville and get this guy in honor of Rocket (note the name). Looks like he might have some greyhound in there, doesn't he? The broodies would love a one-year-old. :rofl 

You could have your very own KLTO :rofl

5 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Kate's awfully cute with her squiggly tail, but as Miss Jan would say, that dog's knot rite! 

Paddy Mayhem would say that Kate is doin’ it rite! Those dogs ain’t rite :lol

3 hours ago, Remolacha said:

You could have your very own KLTO :rofl

Oh no, it’s a thing :rofl

I agree with a Rachel.  Road trip!! 

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

8 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Thanks for letting me know.  We had a glitch in my account a few weeks ago due to something behind the scenes in the forum software. I have none of my PM's and don't even have the option available so will let Jeff know.  He had to get the software vendor involved to fix whatever was going on. I had not realized that the PM's and the capability were not there. 

French Fry may be a little too young and active for this household.  Petunia would love it but I would bet she will give him "whotfer" when he tries to wrestle her. I  think he needs a younger playmate.  When Petunia was at the adoption group's kennel, she apparently had a greyhound puppy  there to play with and literally spent all day chasing him around the farm.  I think that;s why she was so miserable as an only hound. 

6 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

French Fry may be a little too young and active for this household.  Petunia would love it but I would bet she will give him "whotfer" when he tries to wrestle her. I  think he needs a younger playmate.  When Petunia was at the adoption group's kennel, she apparently had a greyhound puppy  there to play with and literally spent all day chasing him around the farm.  I think that;s why she was so miserable as an only hound. 

Ah, well, judging by the number of comments on their Instagram post about him, he won't be homeless for long. (Someone commented that he looks just like their rescue, Rocket! :wow)

Now back to our regularly scheduled "Kate sunning herownself" program...

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Mercury loves to lay and bake his brains for about 5 minutes.  Then pants and looks affronted that it's too hot.

That boy ain't rite.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Kate is definitely knot rite. :lol:

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Cause she is hot stuff!

:lol

Jeter is 10 years old and still hasn't figured out the sun-equals-hot/shade-equals-cool thing. 

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Kate, I myownself, Spirit, am KNOT a sunbaffer.  I say, go out, do your business ,and then demand to be let back into the nice cool house!  I don't understand you at all, butt I wish you well.  :nod

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

On 8/21/2020 at 3:28 PM, Mercsmom said:

Mercury loves to lay and bake his brains for about 5 minutes.  Then pants and looks affronted that it's too hot.

That boy ain't rite.

That’s Sunita. But sometimes the humans have wandered away from the doorway & Su is forced to lay down on the astroturf (really indoor/outdoor carpet) on the porch & wait. Adding insult to injury, there are two feral kittens who looooove her and run all over her before flopping down next to her for a nap. 

Kate, you are totally adorable but a wee bit... um... different. :rolleyes: