Secret santa

MP_the4pack

On 12/22/2019 at 11:10 AM, 4My2Greys said:

I received one, thank you Tricia :)and mailed two. Except for getting our matches and a bunch of junk email from them I didn't see on Elfster where we were suppose to update that the package was sent. Cathy your package was supposed to have arrived this past Friday. I just checked the tracking number and it says it is at the North Attleborough hub. I do hope it arrives before you leave. :(

The other package sent should have also arrived at its destination this past Friday, but has not yet been delivered either. :(

The package arrived this morning! Though I am feeling impatient, I'm going to try to wait until Christmas, if that's ok? Then Calvin's nana can watch the fun too.

Edited by Robin1017
Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Kathy in Tinley Park!  I don't know your screen name.  Morgan and Maggie will have a blast tomorrow night. :) 

In another lifetime I dated a Cosmopolitan Bachelor of the month that lived in Orland Hills (???).
Thanks again.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

23 minutes ago, Robin1017 said:

The package arrived this morning! Though I am feeling impatient, I'm going to try to wait until Christmas, if that's ok? Then Calvin's nana can watch the fun too.

I was so glad to find out it had been delivered this morning. I hope you are feeling better and now with the package delivered you can get on the road to your Christmas destination. Open the package at whatever time brings you the most joy. 

2 hours ago, 4My2Greys said:

Sweet Dustin I'm so sorry about your brother.  I'm glad I was able to brighten your day. I hope you find lots of comfort with your pink bunny.

Dustin's mom, thank you for correcting this 🎅's faux pas and giving the little purple eggplant to little Dudley. 

No Faux pas on Santa's part.  This year was all about sweet Dustin.  Dudley took it upon himself to enjoy the eggplant.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

16 hours ago, Hubcitypam said:

Thank you Kathy in Tinley Park!  I don't know your screen name.  Morgan and Maggie will have a blast tomorrow night. :) 

In another lifetime I dated a Cosmopolitan Bachelor of the month that lived in Orland Hills (???).
Thanks again.

your welcome!!!  I hope you enjoy the things for you as well.  Have fun!  Merry Christmas, glad you rec'd it!

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

Just now, gr8kids said:

your welcome!!!  I hope you enjoy the things for you as well.  Have fun!  Merry Christmas, glad you rec'd it!

Julie also says hello...I told her I had you for my SS.  She since moved out of Naperville to Arlington Hts and soon to move out of the state is her plan!

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

Thank you Celbee!

I hit the jackpot. Carol made CC's first Christmas unforgettable.  I wish I could post pix, but here's the goofy list:

Two toys: a fluffy turtle  and her favorite a fluffy lamb. She loves them both. (Emma likes them too)

Tons of edibles: marshmallows,  peanut butter dog cookies,  maple cookie straws, moose munch, and mint chocolate sticks for hot chocolate. 

And greyhound socks (which, by the way will be visiting Antarctica in February)

Thank you so very much! 

Mary Pat and CC 

Another jackpot from Sarabz!

Emma scored! Unfortunately no pix, but here is the lowdown:

A huge bag of homemade dog cookies. Three different flavors and shapes. Emma (and CC) definitely approve.

And for my palate, a homemade jar of salsa, and Lindor chocolates.  Num!

Hers and hers matching bling.  A necklace for Emma and the matching bracelet for me.

And greyhound socks (which, by the way will be visiting Antarctica in February)

Thank you very very much 

Mary Pat and Emerald 

Edited by MP_the4pack

13 hours ago, gr8kids said:

Julie also says hello...I told her I had you for my SS.  She since moved out of Naperville to Arlington Hts and soon to move out of the state is her plan!

I'll carry my years in Naperdale the rest of my life.  In the late 80s it was the pretentious suburb that could.   My very good friend Annette that runs Naperville trolley once said Dan and Ada Rice would be rolling in their graves along with her relatives the Knocks  at what Wheaton/Naperville has become. 

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Many thanks to Hopper, Kaia, and Tricia for the many gifts that were all so nicely wrapped. 

Foster and Heidi received a big box of Trader Joe Gingerbread dog treats and two packages of other treats. They also got a ginormous knotted ball and the cutest stuffed monkey toy with long floppy legs and arms which is perfect for playing Heidi's favorite game of windmill tug. A game in which I slowly lift her off the ground and spin around as she hangs on to what we are playing tug with. 

I got a pair of fuzzy snuggle socks and a box of Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate covered Salted Caramels. 

Thank you Tricia for being our Secret Santa. You made the day a special one for us.

33 minutes ago, 4My2Greys said:

Many thanks to Hopper, Kaia, and Tricia for the many gifts that were all so nicely wrapped. 

Foster and Heidi received a big box of Trader Joe Gingerbread dog treats and two packages of other treats. They also got a ginormous knotted ball and the cutest stuffed monkey toy with long floppy legs and arms which is perfect for playing Heidi's favorite game of windmill tug. A game in which I slowly lift her off the ground and spin around as she hangs on to what we are playing tug with. 

I got a pair of fuzzy snuggle socks and a box of Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate covered Salted Caramels. 

Thank you Tricia for being our Secret Santa. You made the day a special one for us.

So glad you liked the presents, Judy! Merry Christmas! 🎄 

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Jeter has been happily prancing around killing his squeeky snake all over the place.  Monica (2GreyhoundMINI) sent it.   Enjoy it while you can, Jeterbug, because if Milo follows his usual schedule he'll be ripping that snake (and his own stuffed toy) to shreds within a couple of days.  Monica also sent  the cutest ties -- a dark blue bowtie and a grey fake-necktie, and Jeter wore the bowtie to make a therapy dog visit yesterday since it coordinated beautifully with his Christmas sweater, given by last year's Secret Santa.  You guys must have talked!  If anybody has any ideas about how I can buy/make something that looks like a human shirt collar to put around Jeter's neck so the fake necktie will show up better, let me know.  There was also a large bag of dog treats and, to help thwart the inevitable results of those treats, two dog finger-toothbrushes and a tube of doggy toothpaste.  Jeter will happily share the toofer stuff with Milo; the treats, not so much.  Thank you so much, Monica!  Jeter is very glad that you did not send the green reindeer antlers that your pups are sporting on your cute card. 

Milo also got a squeeky toy, sent by Pam, Maggie, and Morgan.  If I can ever figure out how to post pictures, I will share one of Milo curled up on a dogbed, jealously guarding his toy and Jeter's, which Milo had stolen and was daring Jeter to try -- just try -- to get it back.  Milo got his own bag of peanut butter cookies, and he may or may not generously share a couple of big human cookies with me.  Milo says he will share the lavender soap, body wash, zippered pouch with pics of celebrities' dogs, and crazy socks with me.  I wore the socks yesterday on our therapy dog visit and everybody got a big kick (yuk yuk yuk) out of them.  I'm sure there will be a perfect occasion for the Mona Lisa socks, too.  Thanks, Pam!   

Update:  Milo just ran in the room -- he's stolen the snake again!  But I hear Jeter squeeking away on Milo's toy in the living room.  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

43 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Jeter has been happily prancing around killing his squeeky snake all over the place.  Monica (2GreyhoundMINI) sent it.   Enjoy it while you can, Jeterbug, because if Milo follows his usual schedule he'll be ripping that snake (and his own stuffed toy) to shreds within a couple of days.  Monica also sent  the cutest ties -- a dark blue bowtie and a grey fake-necktie, and Jeter wore the bowtie to make a therapy dog visit yesterday since it coordinated beautifully with his Christmas sweater, given by last year's Secret Santa.  You guys must have talked!  If anybody has any ideas about how I can buy/make something that looks like a human shirt collar to put around Jeter's neck so the fake necktie will show up better, let me know.  There was also a large bag of dog treats and, to help thwart the inevitable results of those treats, two dog finger-toothbrushes and a tube of doggy toothpaste.  Jeter will happily share the toofer stuff with Milo; the treats, not so much.  Thank you so much, Monica!  Jeter is very glad that you did not send the green reindeer antlers that your pups are sporting on your cute card. 

Milo also got a squeeky toy, sent by Pam, Maggie, and Morgan.  If I can ever figure out how to post pictures, I will share one of Milo curled up on a dogbed, jealously guarding his toy and Jeter's, which Milo had stolen and was daring Jeter to try -- just try -- to get it back.  Milo got his own bag of peanut butter cookies, and he may or may not generously share a couple of big human cookies with me.  Milo says he will share the lavender soap, body wash, zippered pouch with pics of celebrities' dogs, and crazy socks with me.  I wore the socks yesterday on our therapy dog visit and everybody got a big kick (yuk yuk yuk) out of them.  I'm sure there will be a perfect occasion for the Mona Lisa socks, too.  Thanks, Pam!   

Update:  Milo just ran in the room -- he's stolen the snake again!  But I hear Jeter squeeking away on Milo's toy in the living room.  

Hurray! Glad everyone is enjoying the gifts!

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

On 12/10/2019 at 10:27 AM, palmettobug said:

Oh boy, oh yeah

Eugene got a package

Can it wait

to Xmas day??

(PS, I will be getting mine out soon, I have been suffering with repeated migraines again and it really knocks me down for days. I promise to get them out by Festivus :P)

Wondering how Eugene enjoyed his package?  Have a happy new year.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I apologize, I was having a heck of time just posting brief messages while my at my Mom's house!

Eugene looks superb in his new coat! It fits him just right. He was wearing Johnny's old coat, but it's too big for him and he pees on the band. Now to have some cold weather...

He and Fuzzy are sharing the treats and stuffies. He is such a chowhound, I have to carefully dole out treats so he doesn't gobble his and everyone else's (including the cats).

Thanks so much Irene, Odin, and Shine!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Posting a quick thank you to Judy for our goodies!  I took pictures and a video, but I'm not so swift with Flickr, and I've been sick, so posting that will likely be a couple days more till I'm at home to be able to focus on it. But Calvin loves the VERY LOUD stuffed frog and squeaks it frequently. He also is enjoying all the cookies. I loved the Alabama clay ornament....so neat to get that from an area I haven't been yet!  And the canine enrichment book..... I'm actually a member of that group on Facebook, so I'm familiar with the author and her work. So excited to get her book, thank you!  A better post is forthcoming... But I didn't want to delay any longer. Thank you! Happy New Year!

Cathy & Calvin

Cathy & Calvin (DOB 9/18/13). Always missing my angel Robin (Abdo Bullard).

5 hours ago, palmettobug said:

I apologize, I was having a heck of time just posting brief messages while my at my Mom's house!

Eugene looks superb in his new coat! It fits him just right. He was wearing Johnny's old coat, but it's too big for him and he pees on the band. Now to have some cold weather...

He and Fuzzy are sharing the treats and stuffies. He is such a chowhound, I have to carefully dole out treats so he doesn't gobble his and everyone else's (including the cats).

Thanks so much Irene, Odin, and Shine!

You're welcome.  Happy new year.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

16 hours ago, Robin1017 said:

Posting a quick thank you to Judy for our goodies!  I took pictures and a video, but I'm not so swift with Flickr, and I've been sick, so posting that will likely be a couple days more till I'm at home to be able to focus on it. But Calvin loves the VERY LOUD stuffed frog and squeaks it frequently. He also is enjoying all the cookies. I loved the Alabama clay ornament....so neat to get that from an area I haven't been yet!  And the canine enrichment book..... I'm actually a member of that group on Facebook, so I'm familiar with the author and her work. So excited to get her book, thank you!  A better post is forthcoming... But I didn't want to delay any longer. Thank you! Happy New Year!

Cathy & Calvin

Happy New Year to you too! I'm glad you like the package I put together for Calvin and you. :reindeer 

Cathy and Calvin, thank you so much!! So much fun - the girls keep stealing the bed where the new fuzzy, Calvin-approved blanket is laying :lol:  I LOVE Lindt, and I LOVE fuzzy socks - great excuse to get rid of some of my old ones. Bella LOVES the treats. A proper thank you is in the mail but wanted to make sure you knew we appreciate your package!

Happy New Year!

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20