Secret santa

MP_the4pack

I know Trudy is not doing Secret Santa this year. But I was wondering if we still want to do it on our own. It would be basic, no buttons indicating shipping, acknowledgement,  etc.

If enough people respond to this email I'll have you guys PM me your address and number of SS you want. Then I'll ask for a volunteer not participating (because I want to participate) to do the matching and PM the info to the recipient. 

You would need to have your mailbox empty. And we would still use elves.

That's it. No policing to make sure you're honoring your commitment. 

So let me know if you'd like to do SS like this, this year.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that i’m participating from the uk but we did a secret Santa last year using a secret Santa generator 

https://www.drawnames.com/secret-santa-generator

which was very good. It enables you to put in ideas for the people who are buying you a gift in case they don’t know you very well, and would mean you don’t need to find an independent volunteer 😊

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

I'm in! Greyhound people are probably the easiest to shop for. :lol

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Trudy is correct-- there are a bunch of free ones out there... 

Here is one: https://www.secretsantaorganizer.com

So you may need our real email addresses in order to use one of these-- so you could send us PMs to send that info to you?

I always look forward to this... as do my hounds.... we usually have THREE hounds (currently three boys) but only one of them gets to be the Secret Santa recipient each year....

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:06 AM, MP_the4pack said:

I know Trudy is not doing Secret Santa this year. But I was wondering if we still want to do it on our own. It would be basic, no buttons indicating shipping, acknowledgement,  etc.

If enough people respond to this email I'll have you guys PM me your address and number of SS you want. Then I'll ask for a volunteer not participating (because I want to participate) to do the matching and PM the info to the recipient. 

You would need to have your mailbox empty. And we would still use elves.

That's it. No policing to make sure you're honoring your commitment. 

So let me know if you'd like to do SS like this, this year.

Would you mind if I mentioned this in the Everything Greyhound and the Events section directing people towards this thread? 

Ok pm your emails to me.

I've chosen the date of Nov 18 for the RSVP date. And Dec 17 to have the gift party. (Meaning mailed)

Trudy stopped doing this SS because of the amount of work and stress involved. I don't want that. I'm not the secret Santa police. So please, if you sign up, follow through. Use a GT elf if you need to communicate questions or delays.

Ok let's have some fun.

Oh by the way, I've never used a SS generator before so let me know if you have issues and I'll quickly switch to manual assignments.