Bathroom Commands

Guest Jordan33

Guest Jordan33

I'm just mostly curious, and also looking for unembarrassing words, but if you use bathroom commands with your grey, what are they? Do you use separate words for pee and poo? Or one for both? No matter what you use, let's hear them! Thanks!

When in the house - Outside. Go Outside, or Do you need to go out? Any variation of that works.

When standing at the door to come in and he hasn't done anything - Go Pee or Go Poop. - and he does.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Go potty and out the door they go. Sometimes I sing the potty song to them as we walk through the house.

When I catch someone pooping, I yell "Are you pooping?" laughing, and Deucie gets a big grin and comes running to me.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

"Go wee" and "Go poop". Outside when you see them doing either, you can "mark" the behavior by congratulating them and saying "Go wee" or whatever word/s you choose. Inside is a whole 'nother story :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Go widdles.

Go poops.

I use different commands to hurry specific actions. (O.K., it's not rocket science but it seems to work.)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Guest IrskasMom

I always told Morty ..... Go Peepee . Now with with Brady ..... I say "it's Peepee time and he goes . He also wants a Treat afterwards .

Desi's is "go potty." He always poos first, looks to me to tell him what a good man he is, but he needs to "go potty some more" and then comes the pee.

I've had dogs all my life, but this one is the only one who's ever come close to doing it on command.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Go pee, go poop. She knows them both. I had to use them this morning since it's pouring rain and she'd rather have just come back in, but I need to go to work. I'm long past caring what the neighbor's think.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

I say, "Annie, time to go potty," or "Let's go potty," in the morning when I let her out the back door. When we're walking and I can tell she's got to poo but just can't find the right spot, I'll say, "Annie, go poo now," and very often that settles her into a squat. She doesn't need any encouragement to pee, whether in the back yard or on a walk. I use the word "potty" so much that I use it on myself, such as "I'll be right back, I have to go potty."

Edited by Feisty49

I've heard the neighbors tell their dogs to 'hurry up!' but here Al has 'boulevard' for going pee, and Monty's poop command is 'bag is ready.' (I always talk to my dogs as if they understand, and I catch because often Monty's is not easily picked up and I was sick of leaving divots when picking it all up instead of leaving smudges. Catching is easier, especially when he's ill. So...I started telling him, conversationally, when I had a new bag ready after tying another one off, and it was only later that *I* realized it had apparently turned into a command/request/trigger for him to poop. Yay for accidental training!)

Al has no 'poop' command, because she hasn't caught on that 'will you just pick a spot!?' is me wanting her to stop getting distracted and just drop something instead of testing sixteen different spots and turning, shifting, turning the other way, backing up, deciding this other spot looks better, turning and shifting and twisting and turning and finally getting ready, then staring off into space or at a leaf or at a distant squirrel or at a person driving by...and forgetting why she adopted such an awkward pose and why we were all just standing there and she will look up at me with complete confusion in her eyes. Man, that gets old. And Monty has no pee command, because his urine is precious, precious stuff and cannot be put just anywhere and he has to judge the possible locations with due diligence to make sure it is worthy of going where he is inspecting...sometimes adopting the pose but then, like Al with her poop, he has to check again and decides it just doesn't have the proper level of value and walks away. Also old. I did start to try to train him to command, but it is hard when even lifting the leg and adopting the proper pose does not mean he is actually doing anything, so pairing a command with the act was too frustrating and I gave up.

My best friend, who had an Asian gf when she adopted a puppy, used what is apparently the Japanese word for "go potty," which sounds like "oshiko." I adopted that with Beth. Never really got around to training a word with Cocoa yet. Anyway it's great to have a distinctive word that sounds unlike anything else.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest Jordan33

My best friend, who had an Asian gf when she adopted a puppy, used what is apparently the Japanese word for "go potty," which sounds like "oshiko." I adopted that with Beth. Never really got around to training a word with Cocoa yet. Anyway it's great to have a distinctive word that sounds unlike anything else.

I like that idea! Thanks for sharing!

I've heard the neighbors tell their dogs to 'hurry up!' but here Al has 'boulevard' for going pee, and Monty's poop command is 'bag is ready.' (I always talk to my dogs as if they understand, and I catch because often Monty's is not easily picked up and I was sick of leaving divots when picking it all up instead of leaving smudges. Catching is easier, especially when he's ill. So...I started telling him, conversationally, when I had a new bag ready after tying another one off, and it was only later that *I* realized it had apparently turned into a command/request/trigger for him to poop. Yay for accidental training!)

Al has no 'poop' command, because she hasn't caught on that 'will you just pick a spot!?' is me wanting her to stop getting distracted and just drop something instead of testing sixteen different spots and turning, shifting, turning the other way, backing up, deciding this other spot looks better, turning and shifting and twisting and turning and finally getting ready, then staring off into space or at a leaf or at a distant squirrel or at a person driving by...and forgetting why she adopted such an awkward pose and why we were all just standing there and she will look up at me with complete confusion in her eyes. Man, that gets old. And Monty has no pee command, because his urine is precious, precious stuff and cannot be put just anywhere and he has to judge the possible locations with due diligence to make sure it is worthy of going where he is inspecting...sometimes adopting the pose but then, like Al with her poop, he has to check again and decides it just doesn't have the proper level of value and walks away. Also old. I did start to try to train him to command, but it is hard when even lifting the leg and adopting the proper pose does not mean he is actually doing anything, so pairing a command with the act was too frustrating and I gave up.

You're good. I'm not sure I could catch like that, but I guess if you have to... And hurray for accidental training! That's awesome!

Your answers are fascinating. Thanks for sharing everyone! And keep sharing!

Go widdles.

Teehee! That one is great!!

We normally just ask them if they "need to go outside?" and once out if they are dawdling, we say, "Go potty!" - we normally say "Go potty" while they are "going" on walks, and we reinforce when we see it outside. They seem to get it. :)

Guest Jordan33

Thought I'd share this. I've been looking up words in other languages, because why not, and found these two verbs in Finnish that sound really nice. Kakata means "to poop" and kusta means "to pee".