Bathroom Commands

Guest Jordan33

Summit's is "hurry up" and Kili's is "take a break".

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

testing sixteen different spots and turning, shifting, turning the other way, backing up, deciding this other spot looks better, turning and shifting and twisting and turning and finally getting ready, then staring off into space or at a leaf or at a distant squirrel or at a person driving by...

:lol Been there, done that, have the unused poop bags. Baz combined this behavior with bouts of soft poop. One 6 a.m. walk, he produced a firm poop on only the 3rd or 4th possible investigatory site. So I congratulated him with an enthusiastic "Nice turd, Bazzy!", only to hear someone behind a 6-ft wooden fence start laughing uncontrollably. So I wouldn't recommend the word "turd" in your command.

Just a guess, based on how my dogs react to words, but your hound might have some initial confusion with kakata and kusta beginning with the same sound.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

i use go weeweeze and gopoopooze. poppy will zoom around having a grand time and then head for the door w/o taking care of business, i''l point at her favourite spot and tell her "no, you haven't pooped yet, go poopooze", and she will. most of the time. sometimes she''ll hold it till we get to the side garden where the trash containers are and where i throw her little green bags & she'll oblige there.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

:lol Been there, done that, have the unused poop bags. Baz combined this behavior with bouts of soft poop. One 6 a.m. walk, he produced a firm poop on only the 3rd or 4th possible investigatory site. So I congratulated him with an enthusiastic "Nice turd, Bazzy!", only to hear someone behind a 6-ft wooden fence start laughing uncontrollably. So I wouldn't recommend the word "turd" in your command.

Just a guess, based on how my dogs react to words, but your hound might have some initial confusion with kakata and kusta beginning with the same sound.

yeah.... you do have to think of the neighbors :hehe

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

• 2 months later...
Guest Noosh

I remember having a hilarious conversation with two refined, senior ladies ( late 70's or so) regarding this topic. They were beautifully dressed, hair done nice handbags etc; one lady apologised for wearing 'sensible walking shoes', as she had been looking after another of their friends dog for the weekend. They also spoke with a definite European accent.

The conversation covered the problem of not being able to get the dog to pee when taken outside.

The owner dropped the dog off on Friday night; the dog was duly taken out a couple of times to the yard for "wee wees", with no result. So early the next morning, she took the dog to the Park- more "do wee wees!", no results. She was very worried.

So the two ladies present spoke on the phone, not wanting to worry the lady dog owner. The both realised at the same time, that the dog in question only spoke Hungarian! This is where we all were laughing hard, as the wee wees word in Hungarian, sounds like the English-not-very-ladylike: pissy!! So once the command was given to the poor little dog- she finally relieved herself!

She said I can't be calling to the dog in the Park- "pissy, pissy!! What was she thinking! Speak to the dog in English!! "What will people think when they hear that!" :hehe:rofl

We all fell about in laughter!

Maybe stick to the regular words, easier on the doggy sitter!

I do like 'Oshiko' though...

Guest Jordan33

I remember having a hilarious conversation with two refined, senior ladies ( late 70's or so) regarding this topic. They were beautifully dressed, hair done nice handbags etc; one lady apologised for wearing 'sensible walking shoes', as she had been looking after another of their friends dog for the weekend. They also spoke with a definite European accent.

The conversation covered the problem of not being able to get the dog to pee when taken outside.

The owner dropped the dog off on Friday night; the dog was duly taken out a couple of times to the yard for "wee wees", with no result. So early the next morning, she took the dog to the Park- more "do wee wees!", no results. She was very worried.

So the two ladies present spoke on the phone, not wanting to worry the lady dog owner. The both realised at the same time, that the dog in question only spoke Hungarian! This is where we all were laughing hard, as the wee wees word in Hungarian, sounds like the English-not-very-ladylike: pissy!! So once the command was given to the poor little dog- she finally relieved herself!

She said I can't be calling to the dog in the Park- "pissy, pissy!! What was she thinking! Speak to the dog in English!! "What will people think when they hear that!" :hehe:rofl

We all fell about in laughter!

Maybe stick to the regular words, easier on the doggy sitter!

I do like 'Oshiko' though...

LOL!

That's a really good point about babysitters!