Lefty Kitty

Annette

You could strike fear in the heart of 80 pound greyhounds. You were the true test of a kitty safe greyhound. You may have been a petite 7 pound tripod girl, but you had a mean right hook. You were left on the side of the road like a piece of garbage because someone didn’t want to risk catching some sort of disease by rescuing you. When your dad found out that you were left on the side of the road to die, he drove like a bat out of !#!# to find you. When he found you, he thought you were dead so he turned around to leave. For whatever reason he turned to look at you once more and you lifted your head. Dad then rushed you to the vet to have you put out of your misery. You looked horrible. The vet said that you could be saved, but your left arm would be useless. When I went to pick you up from the vet, the tech brought you out carrying you in her arms. You were a carry around kitty! I had to remain strong. We had more than enough kitties. We were going to take you to a no-kill shelter near Milwaukee that adopted out hard to place critters. Ten days after you came home with us, you started having seizures. We rushed you to the vet school in Urbana and the emergency room looked like a TV medical drama with vets appearing out of the woodwork. On our way to the school we stopped several times to make sure you were still alive. I told your dad that if you survive, we were going to keep you. Well, you made it to be a little old lady of possibly 20 years old. We are not sure how old you really are.

Scarlett was your only hound sibling who was not afraid of you. You two had an agreement. Scarlett was the ruler of all and you were also the ruler of all, all but her. You were a kitty of destruction. You chewed up the arms of the futon and the blinds. When I put up shelves for my porcelain dolls, you climbed up the six foot step ladder and were walking on the shelf with the dolls. I had your dad bring you down because I was liable to strangle you. You loved to be carried as long as we cradled you in our arms.

You slowly aged. Three years ago you were diagnosed as hyperthyroid. We weren’t going to attempt to pill you; that would only lead you to avoid us. The vet put you on a special diet, and you liked it. Your old body has caught up with you. You no longer were eating your special diet and were losing weight. There is no cure for old age. You have been eating whatever you like, but it’s time to go. Go strike fear into the hearts of greyhounds at the bridge.

LeftytheQuadrapod_zpsd679c5e3.jpg

ScarlettandLeftyontheCouch_zps3f81e810.j

galadeersnowlefty013_zps0b72f81e.jpg

006_zpsd11f9b36.jpg

090-1.jpg

041_zps829b689a.jpg

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your pretty little girl.

Godspeed, Lefty.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a gorgeous girl... I'm so sorry someone so full of personality had to leave you...

Lefty - go terrorize some greys at the bridge, that's a good girl!

Hugs to you...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Such a special kitty. I'm so very sorry. I'm sure Lefty and Scarlett have found each other by now :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm sorry for your loss. Oh, yes... there are several Unruly hounds at the bridge. Keep those dogs in line, Lefty.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I'm so very sorry. She had a rough start, but she landed in the perfect home, and got to stay to a pretty good age (but not long enough).

Godspeed Lefty.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

She was a force to be reckoned with, wasn't she? And she was determined to live, I think because she knew she'd found the perfect home.

I'm so sorry, Annette and Roy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm sorry for you loss. RIP Lefty.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so sorry for your loss of such a wonderful, crazy, cat.

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad that you have such great memories of her (with her "uniqe traits" and all, sassy girl that she was!). She certainly ended up in a wonderful home, with both the dogs and the humans wrapped around her little paw!

Rest in Peace, Lefty. You will be missed by your family.