Billy

djsgreys

Lonsome Billy

October 2004 - May 2014

Billy, it was never easy but it was worth every second.

I saw Billy when I was following the dogs rescued from Guam. Something about him called out to me, and we made arrangements to bring him home to Canada.

LonsomeBilly2.gif

He was the hardest one to integrate into our pack. I wasn't home when he arrived, but John told me he was settling in well - he didn't even need a crate! When I got home two days later, every curtain in the house had been thoroughly marked - into a crate he went. He wouldn't listen - not to anything we said - just a wild child. A GT friend suggested that maybe he didn't KNOW English words. So one word at a time, he learned and each day was a little better. But there were also the fights. Billy would never start them, but he would never back down and Sam made more than a couple of trips to get stitches before they decided who was who in the pack. And finally as he settled we got to see how wonderful Billy was.

DSC03991.jpg

Fun loving, always up for a challenge, he was a boy with a zest for life. He loved people - any age, any size - everyone was put on the earth just to be his best friend. He charmed everyone he met. And how he loved to run.

IMG_1169.jpg

Billy our running fool - he ran in the heat, in the snow. Neither his dropped muscle or a permanently dislocated toe stopped him.

Until today . . .

We have struggled over the last few months with strange episodic bleeding. No diagnosis despite a battery of tests. Courses of prednisone, antibiotics and pain medications. But life was not getting better and there was little hope it would. So today we helped him on his journey, cradled in my arms.

IMG_2484.jpg

Run free Billy Bonkers. I love you and will miss you forever.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OPointyDog

So sorry you lost your quirky boy. Something about the difficult, crazy ones makes you love them all the more. Godspeed, Billy. :grouphug

So sorry for your loss of Billy. :grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

What a beautiful boy. I am so sorry for your loss.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

{{Deb}} Your handsome fellow was so happy with your family. What a blessing that Billy called out to you and found his way to you. I am so very sorry for your loss :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, Billy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Deb and John -

I am so sorry. There is something about those hard to keep ones that just take over such a huge spot in your heart. The brighter the light, the faster it burns.

Run fast and free, Billy. You will be so very missed.

Cindy

Edited by dante2zoe

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow