Unclear Diagnosis, Opinions Welcome.

Guest bredlo

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lurker here too -- just so glad things are looking better. My heart goes out to Nell and you, for all you are going through. Your dedication to your baby girl is awesome!

sending healing hugs and prayers! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Excellent update!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest bredlo

Thanks grey_dreams!

A little update:

Nell has certainly been showing signs of her former personality lately. At first I was plopping her in the snow and holding her as she did her business. In the last 3 or 4 days, however, her famous picky side has returned with a vengeance. She now will simply stand and have a shivering contest with me... until I pick her up and carry her either to one of several spots that seem to get further and further from home.... until she has the perfect "artistic inspiration" to perform.

By midnight, after 2 or 3 false alarms, I angrily realize I'm ABSOLUTELY NUTS for putting up with it. But apparently I am the Stradivarius to her Mozart... 'cause she's playing me like a fiddle.

Other than the wasted trips outside (and in all honesty I may simply be mis-reading some of her hopping to the door and whining) all is well. We're using less honey in the last couple days -- more of a glaze, you could say. Cuts down on the mess and lets us add a bit more as needed throughout the day. Thanks for that tip, FiveRoooooers.

I'll attach a photo from yesterday morning, but I believe after we clean her up in a bit things will look even a little better than this. Our vet said she looks good (via emailed photos), so that was a reassuring pat on the head.

Expecting more snow here after a couple days in the upper 20's.... which to ME felt like mild, autumn days. :rolleyes:

nell.sat.4.1.jpg

Way to go Nell........ that looks awesomely better.

And, may I add, beautiful senior girlies that have been through what she has been through, deserve to be spoiled by their "sugar daddy."

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

God bless you & Nell through all of this--such sweet, beautiful girls! I pray that by now that you have received answers & that Nell has found the successful help she needs.

You sound amazingly strong for your Girl & with that intense love & caring you have for her, she cannot be in better hands or a better family. Nina & Nell are very blessed Girls...

Hang in there. You have my/our continuous prayers & good wishes...

Guest bredlo

Truly, would you have it any other way than being wrapped around her pretty paw?

Not at all... in fact it's the clearest sign that it's still our girl... with all her funny, silly quirks and special traits. :heart

I agree - lately there's been to many shots here of Nell's least attractive side. I'll toss up just a couple fond memories from over the years. :)

otherend1.jpg

otherend2.jpg

otherend3.jpg

otherend4.jpg

otherend5.jpg

Those are great photos of Nell. I also love the gleam in her eyes in that first photo! Looks like she's planning something really good!

I'm glad hear that things continue to go well.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

:lol I love the stinkeye! Such a pretty girl.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Awww Nell, good girl. These improved updates are so inspiring. :yay

Such beautiful girls, both of them.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest bredlo

Hey all,

Little update - things are good! Nell woke up this morning with no blood on her little towel, and that marks the first time she hasn't "oozed" during the night. There were also hardly any blood droplets after I carried her back and forth to the yard. So things are healing quite nicely.

We have another day or two of her powerful, anti Staph antibiotics remaining: at that point, we'll have her seen again by one of the vets who saw her most recently. Pain appears to be nonexistent, appetite is strong, and she's quite engaged with us - looking for scratches and rubdowns.

I hope to have Melissa shoot a video clip of us making our way through the backyard tomorrow... it's pretty funny looking as I run alongside in knee-deep snow, holding up both ends of her like a marionette.

nell.3.6.14a.JPG

nell.3.6.14b.JPG

Edited by bredlo

Aw, look at her beautiful little happy face! :beatheart She looks so content laying there.

I am really glad to hear that the infection finally seems to be waning. This sure has been tough on all of you!

Hoping for continued good reports!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties