Jet

Trudy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. All those pictures show what a wonderful life she had with you.

Godspeed Jet.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest undergreysspell

I'm so very sorry - we never have enough time with our loved ones. Godspeed Jet.

Trudy, your statement about making it 14 years to be struck down by Osteo really resonated with me and I know how you feel. Cherry was 14 when Osteo took her from me, she had been limping off and on for awhile but x-rays didn't show anything. The vet actually broke her leg during an exam and we let her go. So sorry about your loss of Jet. Run free Jet.

Trudy, I am so sorry to hear Jet is gone (maybe from this earth, but never from your heart).

She was one smart cookie when she picked you. You were blessed to have spent 12 years together.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

:grouphug I'm so sorry.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest ladyhound

I'm so sorry for your loss Trudy. I was in tears when I read what you said, "I'm angry for her. You make it to 14 and osteo should no longer have to be a word you have to worry about." My god, how well I understand that. I lost my baby Luna at 13.7 to that evil disease and I said the very same thing. My heart truly hurts for you. I hope you're able to think of her young, happy, and pain free at the bridge now.

Trudy, I was so sorry to hear about Jet. I will always remember the first greys I read about on Greytalk 12 years ago - and Jet was one of the most memorable. She was one of the reasons I wanted a greyhound and ultimately enjoyed my Tori so much.

My heart goes out to you on the loss of your special girl...

Edited by Tam234

OMG, what a story! She truly lived more in her lifetime than some people! She knew that was right where she was supposed to be.

I'm so sorry she's gone. And you're right - after making it to the age of 14, she didn't deserve for that horrible, horrible disease to claim her. I hate it so!

She will be with you always, thru her memories. Again, I'm so sorry.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

A life well lived....even though it was too short. One would think osteo wouldn't pick on the seniors....I'm so sorry.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Your tribute is beautiful. There is no doubt that if love could have saved her, Jet would have lived forever.

:grouphug I am so very sorry. :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Jet - what a magnificent name for a girl who lived up to her name. And you're right - it shouldn't have ended that way. I am so sorry!

Sending prayers of healing and comfort.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

What a sweetie she was. I'm so very sorry. Bet the dogs across the Bridge are loving her cute ears :wub:

Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Guest FawnFan

I'm so sorry. She was a beautiful girl and sounded like quite the character. I'm sorry she's gone. Rest in peace sweet girl.

What a heartbreaking way to say goodbye to such a beloved companion. Osteo is truly a monster. I'm so sorry.

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown