Please Pray For Freddy!

Freddy, we will be at GIG and I hope we get to meet you. We're the ones without the accent :) I imagine you will have lots of admirers, eh?

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I met Freddy and got to love on him for a few minutes. He looks wonderful and his secretary momma Christine said he's doing so well and is very thankful. He just has a couple of scars...you'd never know it was the same pup from his initial pics.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

So Jan, where are your photos of this "skinny jeans" boy??

I kept forgetting my camera :( but he really looks remarkable considering what he went through. Mary you should come to GIG next year with your camera :P

I told Christine (half joking, half serious) that I wanted to take him home. His first placement fell through two days after he was released from OSU. But... it looks like Freddy is staying put at Christine's house. She can't really make it official since her husband said "NO MORE DOGS!" But he ended up fitting in well there, and he has a really good bond with Christine. He really was a dream. He started play-bowing at Henry and romping around. He's a real sweet dog.

:yay :yay :yay

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so glad to read about Freddy and that Christine is hopefully keeping this boy. She has been his guardian angel for so long, it's only right.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so glad to read about Freddy and that Christine is hopefully keeping this boy. She has been his guardian angel for so long, it's only right.

After talking to Christine, I don't think he's going anywhere soon :colgate She really loves him and he is one very happy pup.

• 2 months later...
Guest OPointyDog

He was indeed officially adopted by Christine! I'm jealous that some of you got to meet him!!

Sounds like there's been some complications, though - more prayers needed.

Christine posted this on facebook:

Since Freddy's arrival here in NY he has been doing so well. Major setback today. Blood pooling under the flap used to close his right leg wound was drained today. Ultrasound and CT scan planned for tomorrow. More surgery is probable for our boy. He's home with us for now. I hate to see him in pain. Not fair.

I am glad Christine officially adopted Freddy but am concerned about the blood pooling. Good thoughts for this boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Oh no. Hope this is just a minor bump in the road for him. :goodluck:hope:clover

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I had the pleasure of meeting sweet Freddy. His momma's proud smile covers her entire face. Adding my good thoughts for this sweet, sweet boy :hope

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I had been wondering about this sweet boy. So happy that Christine is keeping him. I pray this setback can be corrected and he is back to good health. He certainly has had more than his share of challenges in life. It doesn't have seemed to affect his sweet nature. So jealous of everyone who got to meet that boy at GIG. Please keep us posted on this latest issue. Sending gentle hugs to Freddy and Christine.

Guest OPointyDog

Update this evening from Christine via Facebook:

Ultrasound not conclusive of expected AV Fistula. Freddy is having exploratory surgery in the next half hour. Please keep him in your prayers and send white light.

Hoping this is just a minor setback for Freddy. Poor pup has been through more than enough.