Please Pray For Freddy!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

I've been following this sweet boy, and I don't do Facebook, so thanks so much for posting the updates and photo :) I hope all goes well for Freddy!

Guest OPointyDog

Freddy has arrived in CT! Awesome to see him with Christine, who did so much to coordinate the fundraising and work for his care:

Sunday night at 8:30 in Greenwich, CT, Freddy & I, Christine, met for the first time. 6 weeks to the night I got the call that a greyhound had been injured in a racing kennel turn out pen brawl.
Freddy will rehab with me, my husband and pack of 7 hounds for a week before he goes to his forever home.

8527315323_c1ca5aacf0.jpg

Edited by OPointyDog

Way to go Freddy!!! You look great!

Forever home? Who's the lucky person(s)???

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest PiagetsMom

I have no doubt there's a great forever home picked out for Freddy because this boy sure deserves one! Thanks for the pic :)

Oh Freddy!!!!! :beatheart I'm just estatic that you have recovered so wonderfully and even have a forever home! Regardless of where you find yourself though always remember that your buds Reba, Gilly, Momma & Toby & I lub you! :beatheart Please continue to keep in touch if you can! You're so special you really ought to have a secretary ongoing on a regular basis to handle your public acclaim and fans. You think Christine might consider it?

Edited by racindog

Guest OPointyDog

From Christine:

For the past 6 weeks you’ve known me as Freddy’s secretary. Actually, my name is Christine Johnson, the President of Greyhound Rescue & Rehab in NY, and I was the person who answered the “call to action” about Freddy, a greyhound injured in a racing kennel turn-out pen on January 20. The first week was hell; would he live and if so, would I have to make the decision to amputate his right leg. Slowly, day by day, the outlook improved but each day, each surgery was agonizing.
This past weekend, Freddy had an amazing journey from Ohio to NY with some wonderful, loving people who each drove a leg of the trip. After his first day of travel he spent the night in southern PA. Sunday night at 8:30pm, I got to meet Freddy for the first time. It was a very emotional meeting and I’m sure he was wondering why a strange, sobbing woman was strangling him with hugs.
Freddy is here with me but only temporarily while he continues to heal. My husband & I have a pack of 7 hounds and always need to leave room for another who needs special help. I want you all to know that Freddy is a big, strong, loving boy and amazingly willing to re-integrate with other hounds. He’s still being muzzled and confined because he has some staples in his leg. I love Freddy dearly. I lived and breathed for Freddy for 6 weeks and want the best for him. On Friday, Freddy will be going to a wonderful forever home in CT where he will live with a loving caring family and with 2 other greyhounds.
I want to thank all of you awesome people who have cared about & supported Freddy and special thanks to Dr. Lauren Pugliese at Ohio State Veterinary Center where Freddy had multiple surgeries. She loved him enough to have faith that he would survive and to keep trying to save all 4 legs.
This is the end of a chapter in Freddy’s life and the beginning of another, the best, where he gets a 2nd chance to run.
8530322762_94250316b1.jpg
Edited by OPointyDog

Thank you Christine for answering that call to action and being the voice for Freddy these past 6 weeks. He's a very lucky hound to have been surrounded by so many who cared so deeply and fought so hard for him.

Best wishes to you Freddy, you'll never be far from our hearts.

Please tell Freddy's new family that all us GreyTalkers would like to hear and see updates! I hope they are members here.

Christine, thanks for being Freddy's voice during all this. I've cried and cheered through all of this. Hugs to all who helped Freddy get well.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest OPointyDog

A PS on Facebook from Christine:

And as a parting note, we have one section of the yard fenced smaller than the other. I decided to let Freddy off leash. Wrong!! Mr Smarty pants tried to do zoomies. And guess what? He stands on his right leg when he pees!!! That's the one that was almost amputated. Way to go OSU!

Oh yes, we must continue to have updates about this dear, sweet boy! Thank you to everyone involved in saving his life and his leg. He is such an amazing hound and he deserves to have the best of what life can offer. God bless you Freddy, you will forever be in my heart. God bless everyone who loves this boy! Janice, Luka and Peace from Chicago

Thank you for the update and for having the courage, compassion and big heart for saving Freddy. I'm extremely happy this all worked out in the end.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Freddy we're crying tears of joy for you. We LOVE you sooooo much. Never forget how special you are! God bless you always and all ways. :beatheart Please tell your new peeps how much we here at GT would cherish hearing from you sometimes.

Guest petstores

3 words that describe Freddie's future popped into my head while reading this:

- Better

- Stronger

- Faster

:) - Congradts Mr. Freddie!

Guest OPointyDog

I just "shared" this thread on the Facebook page of GRR, so hopefully someone there will check out the thread and also keep us updated.

Guest OPointyDog
A note on Facebook responding to this thread from Christine:
Thanks for sharing the GT thread. I didn't have any idea Freddy's story had been shared there. I'm not on GT often and sure don't know how to post pictures so I'll leave it up to you OK? I saw someone mention Knuckles. Well, interestingly, I got Knuckles to NY & he received all his medical care with me right by his side
E-mail update on Freddy:
I took Mr Smarty Pants, Freddy, off leash in a small fenced section of our yard. He play bowed. I could tell by the look on his face he was up to something. I got ahold of his collar JUST before he took off to do zoomies!!!

He stands TALL & PROUD on his right leg to PEE!! (the last BIG flap surgery repair was on this leg and it's the one that was possibly going to be amputated)
He's really enjoying being around our pack of hounds too. VERY easy re-integration into the world of greyhounds.

And he likes to give kisses. We had some smoochin' time :-)
8535215162_ec31a6cb6d.jpg
8534106633_5bff8a70c6.jpg