Please Pray For Freddy!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrskasMom

I have been following Freddy's Recovery and also send him a Letter with a Donation. He is such a brave Soul. I have encouraged all my Friends to write him a Card . I am keeping all my Fingers crossed for a greyt Outcome .

Edited by IrskasMom

Poor Freddy. It looks like he has a long road of recovery ahead of him. I wish I were close by so I could help keep him company when he's able to have visitors.

I sent a card with a donation too. I made the check out to OSU with a note that it was to be applied to Freddy's care. I hope that is ok.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

This was posted on Facebook from Greyhound Rescue and Rehab the day after Freddy's big surgery:

"Hi everybody,
I have a little update on Freddy. He's not writing you yet because he's still a little groggy from surgery. Actually, I haven't heard much from him either...he's asked his friend Mo who's taking care of him to pass messages on. Before I forget, someone sent him Fastdog Foodie treats. Those are his favorite and he finished his last bag yesterday. He would appreciate receiving some more, especially the meat ones. That's the truth, from Mo.
But The Fredster is already up walking and taking it in stride...no pun intended.
The picture you're seeing is Freddy all sewed up. The bulb is part of a drain to pump fluids out of the right leg repair. The left leg has the straight line incision. That's the one they operated on last week. It's doing really well. The other leg, the right, was the BIG operation from yesterday. The flat round surface you see is Freddy's tummy skin that was cut on 3 sides and then STRETCHED over the right thigh wound. I've seen pictures of the operation from start to finish and it was truly awesome. Please keep the good thoughts coming, and the treats.
179639_605621632798050_2108391188_n.jpg

"

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

That's some amazing work right there. It's a far cry from the first pictures I saw of his leg with muscle exposed.

Amazing! He's just got to make it! :candle:hope

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Here is the latest I got this morning.

Hi everybody,
I haven't written to you in a few days because I've been a little under the weather BUT I'm feeling better now. I had a really big operation on Thursday. It was really something...or so they tell me. I had 4-5 surgeons working on me for like 3 hours or something. I heard my Dr. Pugliese say they had to hand sew my like a quilt but hey, I'm a hound, not some silly piece of cloth.
They took a 3x12" piece of skin from my tummy and twisted it around to be sewn on to my right thigh. They really had to stretch it to make it fit. In one of the pictures, you can see how they're fitting it over the wound. The other picture is me upside down after all the sewing was done. Do you see the leg with the straight line of stitches? Well, that's my left inside thigh that was sewn up last week. Looks pretty good right?
And do you see the round flat piece sewed on my right thigh? Well, that's actually my tummy skin. Phew...that's a whole lot of sewing.
Anyways, I haven't been too hungry the past couple of days but last night I got cheeseburgers that were really good.
They've told me I have to be good and not pick at my bandages and stay quiet. All I've done is stay quiet for a month and I'm getting tired of it. If that tummy skin sticks to my wound. I should be able to leave here soon. I want to go home.
That's all for now.
Love,
Freddy

Wow, that is great Freddy is doing well. We are all hoping for a smooth recovery for this sweet boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

what a brave boy, and what amazing people at OSU for caring for him....keep strong Freddy, we are all praying for you....

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

just read this on fb...the pic is hysterical- check out their page on fb.....

Hey everybody,

My Dr. friends changed the bandages on my right thigh today. Things are looking really good with that flappy skin but I have some fluid (probably juice) down near my knee. I’m really not supposed to bother with it but I want to so I wear my neck pillow and my muzzle AND they tried to put on an e-collar too. I took it off. HAHA. But haha on me cuz it got stuck on my muzzle.

I’m still getting presents which is very cool. I LUV all the goodies so whoever picks me up from OSU next Saturday March 2 better have a BIG vehicle.

Did ya read that guys? I’m ready to go on a road trip!!! Yay!! I got to go outside today but a road trip will be much more fun. My secretary, Christine, needs help finding some chauffeurs for me. She thought I could leave OSU on Sat. Spend an overnight with someone in mid PA and then make the trip to Greenwich CT on Sunday. She can’t meet me until 4pm Sunday.

Anyone want to meet me? I want to meet ALL of you!!!!!!!!

Happily,

FreddySee More

Guest OPointyDog

Similar message came via e-mail:

Hey everybody,
My Dr. friends changed the bandages on my right thigh today. Things are looking really good with that flappy skin but I have some fluid (fluid? They must mean juice) down near my knee. I’m really not supposed to bother with it but I want to so I wear my neck pillow and my muzzle AND they tried to put on an e-collar too. I took it off. HAHA. But haha on me cuz it got stuck on my muzzle. Oh well. Thought you'd want to see the picture of me. Silly looking huh?

I’m still getting presents which is very cool. I LUV all the goodies so whoever picks me up from OSU next Saturday March 2 better have a BIG vehicle.

Did ya read that guys? I’m ready to go on a road trip!!! Yay!! I got to go outside today but a road trip will be much more fun. My secretary, Christine (she’s really the President of Greyhound Rescue & Rehab), is getting some chauffeurs together to drive me ALL the way from Ohio to NY.
I want to meet ALL of you someday!!!!!!!!
Happily,
Freddy

Is Freddy being adopted by someone in Greenwich, CT?

That is our pickup point usually.