Please Pray For Freddy!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some great news about Freddy! It's posted on Facebook on Greyhound Rescue & Rehabilitation's page:

"Hey everybody,
My Dr. friends changed the bandages on my right thigh today. Things are looking really good with that flappy skin but I have some fluid (probably juice) down near my knee. I’m really not supposed to bother with it but I want to so I wear my neck pillow and my muzzle AND they tried to put on an e-collar too. I took it off. HAHA. But haha on me cuz it got stuck on my muzzle.
I’m still getting presents which is very cool. I LUV all the goodies so whoever picks me up from OSU next Saturday March 2 better have a BIG vehicle.
Did ya read that guys? I’m ready to go on a road trip!!! Yay!! I got to go outside today but a road trip will be much more fun. My secretary, Christine, needs help finding some chauffeurs for me. She thought I could leave OSU on Sat. Spend an overnight with someone in mid PA and then make the trip to Greenwich CT on Sunday. She can’t meet me until 4pm Sunday."
Isn't that wonderful! I e mailed Christine that I would do the mid-PA to Greenwich drive, but I bet there are hordes of hound lovers lining up for the job!

bth_FredandKimbaGreytalksignature1.jpg?t

Loving Kimba & Fred, missing Booker & Polly, first greyhounds, never forgotten.
"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.
That is the way of a whole human being."
Abraham Lincoln

Guest OPointyDog
Another update:

Hey everybody,

It’s me, Freddy.

I have a quick update (just in case anybody is still reading my mail). I had my bandages changed today. I hear my Dr. friends say some really weird stuff that I don’t understand but I’m just gonna say it like they do.

I had my bandages changed today. The flap is alive (geez, that sounds silly) and the swelling is gone but they’re still getting fluid in the drain pump (sounds like something that should be in a human bathroom).

Tomorrow’s a big day. I’m having more surgery. I’m being neutered. What the heck is a neuter? My Drs didn’t do it earlier on because if I needed big skin grafts they might have needed some scrotal skin to use for the graft. Now I haven’t any idea what all that means but I really don’t care because I got some Fastdog Foodie treats, and cards, and toys and some pill pockets from you guys, my friends.

I got to go outside again today. I really like it! It scares me a little bit though when I hear loud noises and then I like to go back to my room. I have to go up and down some stairs to get outside. I'm getting better at it.

Talk to you soon,

Love,

Freddy

Jeez, couldn't they wait a while on that neuter thing?

I agree with neutering him at this time--he's already admitted into a wonderful facility, already on medications, already wearing the e-collar and it will give the Drs more more chance to get a real good looksie before his discharge (which I believe is still in for Sat). :-)

Guest OPointyDog

Another update:

Freddy sent me a text a little while ago. He's mad as hell that he didn't get his breakfast and that someone said he was losing his manhood. He doesn't get that! He will always be a guy. He's had his sleepy pill and the word is the drain pump is being taken out too. Next pupdate after 6pm

Guest OPointyDog

And another one:

Hey,
It’s me Freddy. See me in the picture? I’m talkin’ to you. Well, I’m telling you I don’t know WHAT the heck happened to me today but I definitely feel that something important is MISSING!! They tried to make it better by giving me a cookie. I just ate the head…I’m not feelin’ too friendly because those Drs pulled a fast one on me and it sure wasn’t being tutored!
I’ll talk to you tomorrow,
Love,
Freddy

Guest OPointyDog

Sounds like Freddy is busting out of OSU! Anybody know if he's got a forever home to go to?

Hi,

It's me Freddy. I've just got a little to say.

Sing along now, "well my bags are packed and I'm ready to go".

YUP, I got my marching orders so I'm heading on an adventure to the east starting Saturday morning!

Oh Freddy! We're all sooooooo happy :guns for you!!!!!!! You will always have body guard & girlfriend Reba available in the future and you'll always have the ole Kentucky home of Reba, Gilly Boy, Bobber, Momma Seabird & Toby to visit at your leisure. Please let us all know how you are doing in your new adventures! We lubs :beatheart you Freddy!

Edited by racindog

Great to hear Freddy is busting loose!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest OPointyDog

A bit more info came today:

It's me Freddy. I've just got a little to say.
Sing along now, "well my bags are packed and I'm ready to go".
YUP, I got my marching orders so I'm heading on an adventure to the east starting Saturday morning!
I will arrive in CT on Sunday night and I'll be meeting my secretary Christine.She's been working for me for 6 weeks and we've never met. Her job isn't done though. I promise to send pictures during my travels.
I'm going to be staying with her for a little while too which is exciting!
Talk to you all soon.
Love,
Freddy

Guest OPointyDog

Freddy has been very chatty today! Here's hoping all goes well on his journey this weekend:

Hi everybody,
I made a new friend today. Her name is Sarah. She came and gave me treats and I snuggled with her cuz guess what? She's going to take me for a ride in her car in the morning. And then I go in another car with Carl & Joyce and then another car with Kris and her mom. I'm going to spend the night with Kris. Then Sunday I ride in her car to meet Peggy and then FINALLY on Sunday night I get to meet my secretary Christine. I don't know what the heck is wrong with her lately. Everytime we talk she's gets weepy.
I'm looking forward to meeting all my new friends. I'm coming with lots of suitcases.
Love, Freddy

Guest OPointyDog

And he's off! Photos can be seen on the R&R Greyhound facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/greyhoundrescuerehab

I can't wait to see the picture of him with Christine.

OK everybody,
I'm doing it. I'm really leaving. That's my friend Dr. Pugliese poking at my behind. She's always poking me but I love her. She and Christine both have a big case of the weepies. Silly.
What's all this talk about me being superman? I'm Freddy!!

Oh Freddy! The best part of your journey to your forever home has begun. This is going to be amazing! We are so happy you are well enough to travel and I hope you find car rides are wonderful and you can do the best napping in them.

Please be sure to keep writing as you have so many fans, at least until you find your Momma and/or Poppa. They are out there little buddy and they can't wait for you to walk into their life! Hugs and kisses from Chicago- Janice, Luka and Peace

Guest OPointyDog

From the volunteer who has been Freddy's "secretary": Freddy is with Peggy Todaro and her husband on the last leg of his journey before we get to meet for the first time. Kris Metz and her mom had him for a slumber party last night. 6 weeks I have been his secretary and finally we get to meet. Here I come Freddy!!

Christine