Gracie 5/8/01-2/4/13

FiveRoooooers

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart is breaking with you..I have no words to say except Gracie knew she was loved for this short time and you show'd her what a true family was. It's just so unfair that she has been taken from you after such a short time. I'm so sorry. :grouphug

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Oh no, Jan!! I am so so sorry that you've lost your beautiful, beloved Gracie, far too soon. :weep

She is twirling pain free among the stars now, with all of our other beloved angels.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

At work with tears rolling down my face. I am so, so heartfelt sorry that Gracie couldn't stay longer -- finally where she was completely loved and loved you completely in return. What a beautiful spirit she has. You gave her the very best days of her life, and I loved seeing her joy in your pictures of her.

Jan, my deepest sympathies. It's never enough time, but this is so very unfair.

Godspeed, beautiful girl. You won't ever be forgotten.

OH, no! Gracie. Oh, my heart is breaking right along with your's, Jan. I will always remember her twirling at Christmas when I was there. I am so, so very sorry. Gracie, twirl your way over the Rainbow Bridge, sweetie, but don't forget to send your momma a sign that you made it okay. Then go find Ruger - he's sure to know where the softest clouds and the bestest biskie trees are!

Hugs, Jan!

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Jan, I am so very sorry to hear of Gracie's passing. Thank you for taking such good care of her. I remember just a few short months ago when Meri posted about her. We considered the idea of adopting her and so we met Gracie, Meri and Meri's mother Carla (RIP Carla) to walk the beach with some other greys. Gracie was so cheerful despite having just undergone a major dental. I remember that when we met her Meri told me you were interested in her. I somehow knew she was not meant for us, she was meant for you. I have followed her journey ever since and felt very grateful that you two found each other and that she helped to mend your heart. I was shocked to read that she had passed. She was a vibrant spirit. Many thanks to you and to Meri for your care of this special girl.- April

finalsiggy.jpg

Guest PiagetsMom

Oh, Jan.....I'm so very sorry :sad1, but I am so glad that Gracie had your love for these last months, and that you had hers. She was a beautiful girl, and I thank you for sharing her with us. You're in my thoughts :grouphug

Oh no! Not Gracie, who has brought joy not only to her family, but to all of GT. I am crushed, and I only knew her through GT. I can only imagine how you must feel. My heart goes out to you and your campers.

Godspeed Gracie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh, how I loved reading stories about your Gracie. Her final job on this earth was to mend your broken heart and I think she did that within seconds of you two meeting. In your home she knew she had landed in heaven on earth. I can see her now, at the Bridge, teaching the other dogs the joy of twirling.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Jan, I am so so sorry...she had the most amazing last few months of her life and I enjoyed meeting her virtually and loving her through you. I will miss her here on GT.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

So very sorry for the loss of your pretty Gracie.

Run Free, Gracie......

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Jan, I am so sorry. Hugs to you and the campers.

Amy & Maddie

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I'm so very sorry. Gracie stories always made me smile. I'm glad she had all the love and joy she deserved with you.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

I remember well when Gracie came to you, Jan. How lucky she was to have angels looking out for her, guiding her to you. I'm so sorry that she had to leave you way too soon. We are sending you a hug tonight. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan