Mimi

FiveRoooooers

MiMi ... MiMi Sizzle Pants

MiMinewcollartags.jpg

MiMishands.jpg

She was my first Craig’s List rescue. I think her family cared deeply for her, yet when they realized that at nearly 12 she was “old” they didn’t know how to continue that care. Still raw from our loss of Segugio, I am embarrassed to say it took me about 30 minutes to know that she had to come home to Camp Greyhound. MiMi had been an only dog for all of her retirement and she had quite the reaction when she met the campers for the first time. This reaction earned her the nickname “Sizzle Pants” the night she arrived. She was all “GRRRRR” at Seamus; Seamus was all “GRRRR, you can’t talk to us like that! We live here!” MiMi was all “grrrrr” … and so it went for the first two days (I’m thinking, what have I done??!!). She was crated at night and in the morning she was all “Grrrr” (is that almost “good morning”?) but on the third morning, she wagged, and I knew we had her. :wub: I would softly say “Hey, Sizzle” and she’d smile at me. She got over trying to rip my face off when I dremeled her nails :lol or when her ears were rubbed. She’d flop herself over onto my arm and snuggle down. :wub:

DSCN8027.jpg

DSCN8114.jpg

As the summer went on, MiMi discovered how much she enjoyed being part of a pack. Her special MiMi's Pink Milkshake collar and Loved Hound tag arrived from dear friends. She celebrated her 12th birthday with our usual road signage, balloons, and special walks.

DSCN7472.jpg

DSCN7471.jpg

She discovered even with few teeth the fun of gumming a chikken foot. And she discovered her two favorite things in life: the futon mattress outside under a branch and, her Chipmunk. It was actually Seamie’s birthday munk from his RCOM friends but MiMi made it her own. She had an indoor munk and an outdoor munk. When she left, she took them both with her.

DSCN7516.jpg

MiMiMunk5.jpg

With Pal :beatheart

DSCN6888.jpg

Godspeed MiMi Sizzle Pants :kiss2 Your time here at Camp Greyhound was too short but I hope it was the best four+ months of your life and I know we are richer for your presence. Sweet girl. :beatheart

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry Jan. I know this little girl had the best 4 months of her life at Camp Greyhound. Thank you for taking her in!

Run free Mimi SizzlePants. :f_pink

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a lovely, heartfelt tribute. I'm truly sorry she couldn't stay longer with you.

Run with the angels, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, Jan, no! I'm so sorry that MiMi had to leave so soon. Godspeed, MiMi, and :bighug to you, Jan.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Yes she had the best four months knowing she belonged to a pack and your house is so filled with an over abundance of love. She did not know it was only 4 months.........she thought it was a lifetime that she had at CG. Bless you Jan for all you do for the seniors. I hope Sorella and Seamus are doing well!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Sweet MiMi. Her retirement to Camp Greyhound was such a turning point in her life. For four months she experienced the companionship of her pack, a soft couch outside to bask in the sunshine, and the loving attentions of a new doting mom. Jan, although she couldn't stay longer, her life was deeply enriched by her time with you.

:f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest undergreysspell

I'm so sorry about MiMi, but it was so wonderful that you took her in and saw to it that she was truly loved at the end of her life.

I'm so sorry you lost sweet MiMi. I know she enjoyed every minute with the campers. Run free sweet MiMi, no "GRRRRRing" at your new friends across the bridge :cry1

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Guest PiagetsMom

MiMi was a very lucky girl to be with you and your pack. Yes, her time with you was short, but you can pack a whole lot of love into a very short time, and I know that's exactly what MiMi got at Camp Greyhound. I'm so very sorry that she couldn't stay with you longer :grouphug

:cry1 What a beautiful tribute and what a lucky girl she was to have been loved by you. :grouphug

:gh_run2

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry!!! :cry1 :cry1

thank you for giving her so much love in her last months. She was beautiful!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

What a lovely tribute for a wonderful girl. I bet those were the best months ever for her!!!

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Jan, we are so sorry for the loss of Mimi. Even though the time she spend with you was short, she knew she was well loved.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

So sorry Mimi had such a short time with you, but I bet it was the best time of her life.

Remember all those good moments.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg