Fly Bye Bill July 10, 1999- September 24, 2012

Guest greybookends

Lori, no!!! I saw his name and my heart sank to the floor. I am in shock and am so very, very sorry. Bill will be missed by many and dinner will never be the same :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori, I have no words... I'm so very sorry...

Run free Unka Bill. I have it on good authority that there only right legs at the bridge... and plenty of cookies.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I'm so sorry for your loss of Bill...how heartbreaking.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Lori, I am so sorry to read that Bill is gone. He was so lucky to have had you as his Momma. Sending you a hug across the miles. Bill will be missed and always remembered. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

saying sorry just doesn't seem like enough, but I can barely type through my tears...all of us here will miss Bill and his dinner antics (they are legendary with my kids' school friends). My heart breaks for you, and what you have lost. hugs to you, your family, and your pack.

Bill, run free sweetie. May you only get right legs, lots of THEM, and all the cookies your heart desires.

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Guest nrussell

I'm so sorry for your loss. I work with Diane4114 at our local greyhound chapter and she first introduced me (and the many others!) to Bill through your dinner conversations. It was my favorite part of the newsletter. Bill was such a character, one of a kind for sure! Your conversations inspired me to create two photo albums of my hounds and include our funny *conversations*. Bill also introduced us to MOOSHIES! oh and the deliciousness of sprinkle cheese on food. :) I lost my greyhound Buck just about a year ago to cancer as well and I miss him every day. I can imagine there’s a BIG party at the bridge welcoming Bill tonight. He's a famous fellow! Lots of cookies, mooshies, and right legs. Thank you for sharing Bill and all your wonderful dinner conversations with us. Wishing you peace and comfort during this time.

Oh Bill, you were so loved by so many. Godspeed. Lori, thank you for sharing him with us all these years, we're all crying along with you today.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

How I can sit here full of tears for a dog that I've never met, I have no idea. Bill was like family, even though I've never met him or his family. Thank you for catering (literally) to this special boy, whose antics had us in hysterics. I am so sorry that he left so quickly. I hope that someday when the pain lessens a little, you can honor him by printing his book of dinner conversations.

Bill: it's all right legs, shaky cheese, whippy cream, cookies and Burpdogs at the bridge. Run pain-free buddy.

The flower icon just doesn't seem appropriate here. :cookie

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Oh, Lori, I'm sure you know how many tears are being shed by so many people. All of Bill's fans---people who admired him, laughed with him, shook our heads at his unique, totally "Bill" take on life, and loved him without ever having met him. Thank-you for being such a perceptive translator of his inimitable spirit and personality, and thank-you for sharing him with us.

We are sharing your sadness now, and mourning the loss of a true original.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Bill.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry. Any thread you posted about Bill was always a first-read with me because he had a knack of doing the most interesting things. He seemed to have such a larger-than-life personality and I know he will be dearly missed by all of us.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy