Fly Bye Bill July 10, 1999- September 24, 2012

Guest greybookends

I'm so sorry.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest avadogner

I am so sad and crushed to hear our favorite dinner time friend has left us. I never had the pleasure of actually meeting Bill but I feel like I know him and the world will be less amusing without his stories. I actually sent Bill a few messages to share my beautiful Ava's difficult dinner experiences. She was the hot, black hound in the pink baby bib. She struggled with LS and dinners were mainly Vanilla Ensure and a mix of special kibble and supplements. In March, LS stole the light in her eyes and I had to let her go. It was horrible but she died peacefully in her bed at home with her family there and me holding her and thanking her for her love and friendship.

I am still struggling without her so I don't pop in to GT much anymore. I am sobbing like a baby to hear this sad news. I just couldn't not share my sadness for your loss. Bill's stories made all of our days brighter and always helped me find laughter in hard times. Your dedication to Bill was always evident and I am sure he was grateful even when snidely, snubbing the wrong side legs. I am sending you prayers, comforting thoughts and hugs. Thank you for letting us all fall in love with Bill. I hope Ava has found him at the Bridge and they are sharing a dinner and having a laugh over the antics we went through to keep them eating. Goodness knows they trained us well!

Godspeed dearest Bill. You will be missed by us all!

Ava (3/1993-3/2012) & Augie's Mum Alicia

I have not been on GT very much lately and I was stunned when I saw that your precious Bill had gone to the Bridge. I enjoyed the stories of Bill's eating antics so much and will miss reading them. I think so many of us fell in love with your boy through your stories. He will be missed. sending gentle hugs and I am sure Bill is getting all the cookies that he wants. I will think of Bill having cookies with my momma Tess at the bridge and then having a nice nap.