Charlie (Nov 20, 2002-April 21St, 2012)

Charlies_Dad

Words fail me now.

Charlie gave us all hope and a reason to smile when we would read about him.

He was truly an inspiration to all of us.

I'm so sorry. grouphug.gif

Run strong and free Charlie! rungrey.gif

flowers_red.gif

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry!!! :cry1 :cry1 he fought so very valiantly :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest bethac

Oh Kyle, I am so very sorry that Charlie has crossed the bridge. He was such a favorite here on GT, an inspiration to so many - not just because of his post-amp life, but because of his LIFE overall. What a great hound - he was lucky to have spent his retirement with you and clearly, you were lucky to have been blessed with this boy as part of your family. Thinking of you and sending gentle hugs your way. :grouphug

Oh, no. I never wanted to see this post. Hugs to you and your family!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

My heart dropped when I saw Charlie's name...I wish I had the words to help ease your pain right now. I know how empty and silent your house must seem right now; my house was that way after Little Kasie passed away...she was full of life, too, and always there with me for everything I did, weaving into the very fabric of my life...heart dogs always are, aren't they?

As people have said, Charlie was such an inspiration, and his life, his story, will continue to live on, and have an impact, certainly for me. I will never forget the lessons he has taught me.

I think, though, I want to thank you, for what you have done, in taking the time to share his story and your story with us, the wonderful pictures of Charlie and his joy, in spite of your grief and pain, especially in the past few weeks. It takes a special person to do that...

I hope that in the days to come, you, your wife, and your pack find some peace...hugs to you all during this very difficult time.

Run like the wind, Charlie! Catch those squirrels, and play with all those squeaky toys! You are a very special boy! We will miss you...

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

My heart breaks for your loss. I love the pictures you shared. I think my favorite is the black and white "those ears" Godspeed Charlie and may the wind always be at your back sweet boy that was so loved. I know the RV trips will not be the same without Charlie.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I am so terribly sorry for your loss of Charlie.

I owe you and Charlie both a debt of gratitude for providing such inspiration to me.

Charlie was indeed a very special boy, I will always remember him.

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

This hurts my heart. I am so sorry that Charlie is gone, but how blessed his life was! And how blessed you were with him; thank you for sharing him with us here on GT. We celebrated his life with you, shared in the joy of his life as a tripod and now, we share the grief. I hope in some small way, knowing others will miss your boy, that others loved him, that he and you made a difference, helps your pain a little....hugs

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest azlorenz

Kyle, words cannot express how very sorry I am. Charlie will hold a very special place in all our hearts. I know that Flash was waiting for him at the bridge waiting for Sir Charlie's arrival. Even though they never met, they have a special bond. They were part of the 7.5 club, diagnosed on the same day. My heart is breaking for you as I know the pain. We will never ever forgot them. They live on in our hearts and memories.

Shannon

Guest greytfulhounds

Oh, Kyle, I am so very, very sorry! :grouphug Your memorial to Charlie was just beautiful. Charlie was so lucky to have been a part of your family, no doubt he knew how very much he was loved & treasured.

You & Charlie were such an inspiration to me when I joined the osteo group after Danny's diagnosis and you were of great support to me when I lost Danny. You & your wife are in my heart & prayers. I am crying along with you. :cry1

Godspeed sweet, handsome, Charlie!

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

f_yellow I'm so sorry to hear of Charlie's passing. Your memorial was beautiful -what a wonderful hound he was.

Run with the angels sweet Charlie :gh_run :gh_run

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Charlie was an amazing boy and a wonderful inspiration to us all.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your handsome Charlie. :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

:weep Oh this just doesn't seem real. I love Charlie. I'll always love Charlie. He'll be with us always.

Your tribute was magnificent as is Charlie. :grouphug Such wonderful pictures-words just can't describe his specialness and all he has and will be responsible for. He set an example we can all strive for and he will be especially helpful to future osteo dogs- to give hope and understanding.

Charlie you know we love you, that we'll always love you and that you'll never ever be forgotten. Like your dad said there will never be another Charlie.

:f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red :f_red:gh_run

For love is as strong as death,

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7

Edited by racindog

Thank you everyone. Thank you for the kind words and sharing in our grief. Our house is silent now and we are having a very hard time even though we knew we were fighting another battle that would have taken him at some point. Like so many who lose a special pup, we are remembering our sweet natured boy who started it all for us with Greyhounds and while the pain is intense, we know that Charlie being Charlie would want us to be happy and smile at his antics. This helps us try to get through but we know that the days will be long and nights even longer. It's obvious to us now that cancer went after the biggest thing about him, his heart.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

We are so sorry for your loss of Charlie. He is one of those hounds on GT that just seemed to belong to all of us. Having followed his journey, the smile that was always on his face put a smile on ours.

Your tribute to him was wonderful.

Run pain-free Charlie. You will never be forgotten. f_yellow

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life