Bell Walker & Bugsy

Guest patgam

Guest patgam

Bell Walker

6/10/2001 – 3/29/2012

In June 2008 you strolled into my life and what a ride we’ve had. You were sitting in the front seat of our adoption coordinator’s SUV….he said no other grey had ever done that…well, true to form, you always crawled in my front seat & broke the center console, which has never been fixed and every time the lid falls off, I curse you for it. LOL

What a princess you were…I lived in your world…it was always about you…car rides and walks in the park were your favorite thing! You hated rain, thunderstorms, fireworks, loud noises, crowds and would shake and pant, but we both endured. You loved food, cookies and bully sticks! You requested lovin, but on your terms. You loved to sleep in my bed with your butt in my face & many times I would wake up to you roaching….not a pretty site first thing in the morning! You brought happy tears to me when you laid in a pool next to your BF ‘Cappy’ and also at Canine Fun Days and you wouldn’t ever put your feet in the lake. Goof!

You allowed Bugsy to enter your domain and although she tried to be the alpha, you let her know you were top gal! The two of you had a bond that could not be broken.

I could go on and on about what a silly, goofy, “leave me alone mom”, “no I don’t way my picture taken”, “give me food” girl you were, but then a book would be in order.

That nasty nasty osteo took you away from me. I’m sorry I couldn’t fix you baby girl!

BugsBell034.jpg

Bugsy (aka Camera Bug) 2/12/2002 – 3/29/2012

You graced my life for the past 2 years. The decision was made to find a grey that would bring Bell Walker a little more out of her shell….so Bugsy became a foster failure and the rest is history.

You had horrible SA when I first brought you home, but then learned that mom’s do come back. Bugsy was the first at the door to greet me whenever I came home from work or shopping and wanted to be with me all the time.

Bugsy turned the backyard into her own personal racetrack and when it was wet…the turf would fly! She dug holes- –any season, it didn’t matter to her--and the new grass seed planted at the back of the yard never materialized into anything but dirt and then mud when it rained. Bugsy would stay outside 24/7 if you let her and in any type of weather. Saying “want to go for a walk” or “car ride” quickly turned into endless zoomies in the house, barking and play bowing till I was ready which was never quick enough for them.

Oh, how you loved ear and butt scritches. You would bury your head in my lap for pets and if I sat on the couch, you literally threw yourself across my lap for tummy rubs. You had a very sensitive side and what a snuggler and lover extraordinaire you were! Not as food motivated, you still loved your cookies and bully sticks. Hated fruit.

When Bugsy started getting sick and not eating…I knew we had a problem. She lost weight, drank lots of water, and her energy level went down the tubes. She bounced back…but went back downhill. Your ultrasound test indicated another kidney issue, liver issues and bleeding internally. Bugsy looked at me as if to say, “Mom, I can’t go on anymore.” She went peacefully with my head buried in her soft fur.

I'm so sorry I couldn't fix you my little girl!

R1-20.jpg

Rest pain free my babies. Go get those bully sticks!

Thank you for allowing me to be your mom…...it was a journey that holds so many precious memories. I love you my girls!

bugs3043.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest greybookends

It's hard enough to lose one but two in one day is almost to much to bare. You gave them so much and I'm sure they took a large part of that with them. we are here for you.

:f_pink:gh_run :gh_run :f_pink

Pat I know that losing the girls on the same day must have been heartbreaking for you. I hope that knowing that they are together again will bring you some comfort.

Many hugs,

Carol Ann

flowers_pink.gifghrun.gifflowers_yellow.gif

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

I am terribly sorry. Losing two pups is beyond heartbreaking.

Run free Bell and Bugsy, run free sweeties...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest PhillyPups

Pat,

What a wonderful tribute to two very special girls. They were so loved, what a loving mom you are to them, you ripped your heart out to let them go pain free. :bighug There are no words, I am sitting here with tears for your loss and the pain you must be feeling. The loss of one is so hard, the loss of two in one day is incomprehensible.

Run with the angels Bell Walker and Bugsy, you are always togeter and with the very very best ~

I'm so sorry for your loss of not one but two lovely girls.

Godspeed, Bell Walker and Bugsy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

A beautiful tribute to your two beautiful girls. I am so very sorry. :grouphug :grouphug

Godspeed Bell Walker and Bugsy, always together :gh_run :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Pat, there are simply no words to express how terribly sorry I am for you and your girls. I have always enjoyed their exploits and have been hoping that their troubles would mend. Your tribute was perfect, as were they.

Hugs to you -

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest PiagetsMom

Oh, my heart hurts for you :cry1

Your girls were beautiful girls. They had a wonderful home with you, and gave you their love in return. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

A beautiful tribute to two beautiful and special girls. The tears are flowing here as I try to take in mentally and emotionally what you must be going through, having let them go so selflessly on the same day - putting their interest before yours, letting them find release when you knew how quiet the house would sudenly become without them, and how much you would miss them. You have been a wonderful mum to Bugsy and Bell, Pat. I am so happy that the three of you found each other :heart

Nothing, not even death, can take away what you shared with them. They are always in your heart.

:heart:brokenheart

:gh_run2 :gh_run2

:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:f_pink:f_white:f_pink:f_white

Pat

How hard that had to be to make the decision you did. In the dictionary under selfless there has to be your picture

What pretty girls they were & now again they are all better

:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug

Caroline & Sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

So very sorry for your loss. :( Your tribute to them touched me deeply. :weep Godspeed, precious girlies... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Pat, there are no words to express how my heart breaks for you right now. Your girls are together at the Bridge healthy and happily playing with all the other well-loved pets.

Run Free Bell Walker and Bugsy. :gh_run:gh_run

Carol and Magic

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

Guest solom01

Your girls were so lucky to have found a forever home with you. Bonds between Greyhounds and humans are eternal, you will always be in their hearts and they will always be in yours.

That photo of them together is lovely

Run free, sweet girls. You lucked out with your Mama

:grouphug :grouphug :f_red:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow:grouphug :grouphug

Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

I can't even begin to say how sorry I am. There are simply no words.

Wrapping you in gentle prayer.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I am so sorry. I know you are a great mom, I send you loving thoughts and prayers for having to let them both go on the same day.

Sheila

Sheila
Loved by

Mozart, Sherri, Xavier, McCleary, Tigger. Amelia and 2 Salukis Poppy and Zarah

I bet it was an amazing party at the bridge. Run free sweet girls. :gh_run I am sorry soory for your loss of your beautiful girls. :f_pink

Image removed, not within the Greytalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 20.27 KB (20,760 bytes) file size.