Willow Run Anna (5/20/00 - 1/3/12)

duncan41

Remember when you were first inquiring about Greyhounds? One of the things that I was told was how quiet they are. Well, Anna must have been taking the how-to-do-everything-with-enthusiasm seminar for the 10th time because she definitely missed the one on how Greyhounds are supposed to be quiet.

Late August, 2008; I received a call at the office from my BFF which sent me into a panic because she never called me at the office. What's wrong? Who is sick? Do you need help? Is it DH? DD? Nope, none of those. A friend of a friend was going to place his dog in the next 4 days even if he had to take her to the pound. She was 8 years old and black. 'Nuff said...............she had a home with us.

She wasn't an "easy" dog, but she may go down in our household history as the happiest dog ever. She chattered, shook her head in a "no-no-no" motion but it really meant "yes-yes-yes" for food or treats. She had a lot to say about everything; the garage door opening, neighbors walking down the street, the dogs in the yard behind ours, stopping for traffic lights while riding in the van, hearing the van pulling in the garage when I came home from work and of course, those magic words, "Do you want to go for a walk?"! Everything she did was over the top with joy and enthusiasm.

Rest well, sweetie. Osteo may have claimed your body, but your joyous spirit will live on in our hearts. Go and find Grandma..............I'm sure she will have some egg and toast for you.

post-16941-0-24381400-1325959956_thumb.jpg

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

She was beautiful.

And your tribute captures her zest for life. What joyful memories you must have....

Run Free beautiful.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful girl who will be forever missed.

Godspeed, Anna.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so glad Anna was loved and appreciated for herself in your home. And I'm sorry she couldn't stay longer. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

What a special girl, you have to love that enthusiasm :wub: . I am so sorry for your loss :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Anna was a beautiful girl.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Heehoo
Remember when you were first inquiring about Greyhounds? One of the things that I was told was how quiet they are. Well, Anna must have been taking the how-to-do-everything-with-enthusiasm seminar for the 10th time because she definitely missed the one on how Greyhounds are supposed to be quiet.

:hehe she was in the back of the class room talking... God love her.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know she adored you. :beatheart

Linda, I am so sorry and saddened to read that Anna is gone. Your tribute to her was wonderful. Sending you a hug across the miles. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I am so sorry. I have a cheeky female and I cannot imagine how loud the silence must be.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

What a wonderful girl Anna was !!

your memories will keep her alive in your heart

run free :candle

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

How wonderful that you gave her a second chance. I'm sorry she had to leave so soon. There is never enough time.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so sorry it was her time to leave, and I bet she was greeted by every Angel up there.

God speed to you baby girl, tell Misty we said hi

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless