Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G)

rycezmom

100_0253a.jpg

In the blink of an eye, a year has disappeared behind me. So many changes occuring in our lives, in our pack this past year. Life has gone on but my thoughts, my daydreams, still wander to him. I see him in front of the fireplace, out in the cool green grass, the office, his hidey hole in the bathroom. Gustopher P, my big man, gone this last fleeting year, was and still is, such a strong presence in this house. His house. Miss Star, loved so very much by Gustopher when she would visit, has moved in forever. I can still see the quiet excitement in his eyes, love sick puppy eyes, when she would come in the door to visit for a few days. He would try desperately to maintain his dignified, Pimpmaster G persona when she would arrive, but if you looked closely, you could see it crack at bit. When he loved, he loved hard. And he certainly loved all of his girlies. I think he would approve of Star sharing the spots he loved best.

There are times, when I lay in the dark, almost asleep, that I hear that soft sigh he used to whisper as he settled himself into bed, squirming around to find just the right position. A small groan of satisfaction escaping him at positioning himself perfectly. I can still hear the quiet snore that told me when he was no longer here with us but in that secret place where hounds go when they sleep.

I miss the "knowing' that if I couldn't see him anywhere within the immediate area, that the girls had somehow annoyed his senses with some kind of "girlie garbage" and he had removed himself to his "Man Cave". I'd seen him on more than one occasion swing the door to the mostly closed position, probably in hopes that they wouldn't find him. A manhound, even with a heightened sense of and perfectly in touch with his feminine side, needs a break.

I still come home from work each night to the continued sheer and unadulterated happiness of the girls, bouncing with joy and a myriad of smiles, toothy grins, feet stepping on mine and tails slapping my thighs. I find myself at those moments, looking beyond them in search of the funny sexy grin that Gustopher P would give me. Not one to be "uncool" like his bevy of brindle beauties, he gave me his sly grin, a suave PIMP grin, a crooked little grin that said "I am so happy you are home but I am much to cool to hop around and act like a fool".

He is physically gone from us and that loss is painful still. I still step around the places that he inconveniently used to plop himself down on to nap that were forever right in the path of where I needed to go. Old habits are hard to break. But I love the idea that he still lingers in those places, even if it is just in my mind, in my heart. He is here with us though, all the time, in the places in the house that were his. I can see him in those places as we move through our day. These very special places still hold the imprint of this very extraordinary manhound. I relish in them, find joy in them and most of all, I am comforted by the memories they provide.

It has been a year since I said goodbye to him, cursing the fates and the osteo that took him, heart crying with the loss. But I have known, always known, that he would have to leave me before I would ever be ready to say goodbye. We never reach that readiness. So I console myself with the love that he gave me and gave us as a family. We were blessed to have him for so many good years and I am forever grateful that he was a part of our lives and my life with hounds. I will always miss my girlie guardian, my big goofy boy, my big cow upholstered manhound Gustopher P, and joy he brought to our home.

100_0641a.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

That is beautiful, just beautiful.

My gosh this past year has flown by. I remember when you posted his passing - broke my heart, too, (even though I was just a lurker), because he always seemed larger than life. And he was so darn handsome!

Always remember his love; and that you were the lucky ones - you got to call him "yours."

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Oh Leslie, I don't think any of us were ready for him to leave. He has been missed here on GT also. Hugs to you. These anniversaries can be so hard.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

That was so very beautiful. I'm sitting here crying. I understand how their presence lingers, and the love remains in our hearts.

We join you in your celebration of his life and morning his passing. grouphug.gif

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

The heart knows what the mind can't understand. As you have learned, as he has taught you, he is indeed with you still. The love between you two is so strong-nothing including death- can take it away. He will be with you always-blessing you with his love and enjoying yours.

For love is as strong as death,

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7

:f_white:gh_runner

Edited by racindog

Can't believe it's been a year already.

I too miss your posts about your silly big boy. Gentle hugs to you while you remember.

Rest well, unforgettable fellow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

that was simply beautiful :bighug :bighug

they're never really gone as long as they are still in our hearts. :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

What a beautiful memorial to your beloved Gustopher P, who is missed by so many.

RIP, handsome boy.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I can't believe it has been a year. We all miss your handsome boy, that's for sure. :grouphug to you.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

You put in words what so many of us feel after we lose our pups. The year definitely flew by and Mr. Jones is missed by many.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Gentle hugs, my friend. :grouphug

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

How is it possible that it's been a year? :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)