Kidd

lflaherty45

I keep sitting here wondering how to start and finally realize that there is no way to begin.

I know many of you followed Michael McCann's post when he was looking for a new home for Blazing Kid. We had just lost our 4th grey to cancer, Thor who

we thought would be with us forever. We saw Kidd'spicture and immediately fell in love with him. Michael was so wonderful in letting us do a long distance

adoption, we live in Maryland.

We drove to Boston and fell in love with him in person. Kidd became an immediate member of our home and our resident boy, Noah was so happy to have

another buddy. They seemed like they have been together for years. Playing in the yard, sharing beds around the house and loving to go for rides and

walks.

Kidd had been gently jogging in the yard and slipped. He fell hard and broke his left thigh bone. Our vet took wonderful care of him, this happened

April 1st. He was doing fine, but his leg just would not completely heal and x-rays showed the bone was not healing over one area. We thought it was

the wires that had been holding the leg together because the first bioptsy was cancer free. Our vet thought it best to removed 2 of the wires and

sent for another bioptsy.

His leg kept swelling and producing fluid. They lanced his little ankle 2-3 times over the days and the fluid just would not stop. We went to see him

every day and spent so much time with him. We went Tues, Sept 6 to bring him home. They brought in a blanket and laid it on the floor and went to

get him. No more IV in his front leg and he walked in wagging his tail and standing for us to pet him. Our vet said she would be back and left us

so we could really have those private moments and decide what to do. Kidd had been standing for about 5 minutes and it was so evident he was so very

tired. He lay down and we gave tummy rubs, neck rubs, ear rubs and told him how much we loved him. He looked so contented and went to sleep as we

massaged him.

Our vet confirmed the worst, a fast moving sarcoma was the 2nd diagonsis and she was upset they didn't find it the first time. Kidd kept sleeping and

smiling and we knew in our hearts we could not be selfish and bring him home for those few extra days and we made that most difficult decision to allow

him to run free of pain.

We would like to thank Michael for allowing this wonderful KIDD to grace our lives if only for a short time. He was greatly loved by us and by his

former owner who we kept in touch with. She greatly loved him and did what was best for him. Our wish for a long life with him was way too short, but

we are so blessed for having had him in our life.

Run free sweet, sweet KIDD. You will always be loved. The house is so empty without you.

KIDD ---- July 30, 2001 - Sept 6, 2011

Love,

Mom & Dad and your best buddy Noah

Oh no. I am so sorry.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I wish he could have stayed with you longer.

Godspeed Kidd.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I remember when Michael had Kidd and when he went to your home. I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you could have had more time together.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

My heart goes out to you. You guys are the best, and I'm so sorry for the loss of your much loved Kidd. :grouphug

Godspeed sweet boy :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Kidd was a very lucky boy to have had so many people who loved him. I'm sorry he couldn't stay with you longer. Godspeed Kidd! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry for the loss of your very special boy, Kidd.

Take comfort in knowing he is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry he is gone! :( :( :( hugs to everyone that loved him :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sorry Linda, Skip and Noah. Kidd was a very special guy and he was so lucky to have found such a very special family. I just can't believe he's gone!!

STILL MISSED: TEDDY"Ted Sarandis" 8/18/92-7/3/2001..WILLOW 2/21/95-10/12/05..MAGIC "Special Dark" 9/20/93-10/3/2002..STEELY "Sport Connection" 8/1/90-7/2/04.. BARNEY "Pa's Sad Eyes"8/1/93-5/9/07..ALLIE 6/96-10/17/08...MR. BRITT "Cedarun Brett" 8/1/02-7/15/11..HARPER"Dashin Along"1/11/01-3/12/12..CAVAN "Pat C Cavan" 12/29/98-6/19/12..WHISPER"Ecstatic Events" 7/11/01-10/7/13..Lilly"Mimosa Maria"4/27/02-6/23/14..NELLIE"Afteraracenellie"5/21/2000-7/7/2014...SANTOS"Galgo" 2000-7/10/15..MOLLY"JWC Molivia Girl"3/18/02-3/6/16..

NewLogo.gif