Nikki - Mps Sharai

Sirocco_Nikki

Thank you to everyone who posted encouragement, support, and comfort in Nikki's thread in Health and Medical. Your words helped so much that I wasn't sure I even needed to post here in Remembrance about my girl. However, I decided that I needed my last post (yeah right) about Nikki to be about her life instead of her death.

When we decided (translation: I decided and dh finally gave up arguing) that Sirocco needed a sister, we told Hope (Ullaluv) that we would consider any dog except Nikki. I remember so clearly telling Hope that yes, Nikki is by far the prettiest dog on GPA's website; however, we don't want an aggressive dog. Hope just smiled and said "of course but come to my meet and greet and see some of the other dogs anyway". And who, besides me, was surprised when Hope arranged for Nikki to be there? And that was all she wrote.

What we realized upon meeting Nikki is that she wasn't at all aggressive. She just did NOT like small fuzzies and ill-mannered heathens (like the foster family's lab) in her face. She was a bit of a breed snob but only because she recognized greyhounds as the highest life form.

Nikki LOVED babies and toddlers with the same intensity that she hated yappy white fuzzies trying to bite her on walks. She could always spot her favorite toddler in a stroller from a half mile away in a heavy fog while on our walks. Nikki once visited ds in his first grade class. 28 kids swooped down on her for hugs, pets, and kisses. The only thing that annoyed her about the visit is when 1 of the 28 kids had the nerve to stop petting her.

We also soon realized that Nikki neglected to read the chapter of the 'how to be a greyhound' manual that clearly states that greyhounds are quiet. She barked. She talked. She howled. And boy, did she whine.

And so, my little princess017.jpg. I hope that Chesterboy has shown you the best sunbeam at the bridge for a proper snooze and that Polly and Sirocco are sharing some of the cookies that they snitched from the angels. Yukon misses his little snooze buddy.006.jpg But I think he will be ok.

It only seems appropriate, baby girl, to end this the way many of our conversations ended. "And Dr Sheff says you have pretty feet".

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Is it OK if I'm laughing and crying at the same time?

I'd never heard the story of how she came to you. That Hope :wub: is a sly one -- as sly as beautiful Nikki herself, :wub: it seems.

I'm so sorry she didn't get to stay longer with you.

Nikki, sweetheart, your people will miss you forever and ever. Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My deepest condolences. :cry1:grouphug Such a beautiful soul. :beatheart Godspeed, precious Nikki... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I knew this thread was coming, so I didn't think I would cry, but the words "And so my little princess"... :cry1

Nikki, may you have the BEST sunbeam at the bridge, the BIGGEST fields to run in, ALL the treats that you want. :angelwings

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Carol, I am so, so, so sorry about your loss. You're beautiful girl is running free at the bridge, no more pain or broken bones. Thank you for giving her the wonderful home that she so deserved.

Give my love to Yukon. I hope he's doing OK without his friend.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Nikki was a beautiful girl & really knew how to rock a tiara. Godspeed Nikki! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Carol, I've been crying since last night. I'm so sorry and this is so unfair. Let's just hope that Nikki has found bro Sirocco, Loca and Phene and that they're all getting into a mess of trouble by now.

RIP Nikki. You were always one of my favourites :f_red

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest PiagetsMom

Your remembrance had the same affect on me......your Nikki was a beautiful girl. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

What a pretty princess Nikki was. We are so, so sorry for your sudden loss. Hugs to all of you from all of us here. :grouphug

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Your remembrance had the same affect on me......your Nikki was a beautiful girl. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

Me too! She's left an indelible mark on your life and some great memories for a lot of us.

Hugs to you and your family :grouphug:f_pink

Godspeed Nikki :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Sounds like you have so many wonderful memories of your girl.

Remember them.....

Nancy, Nixon, Bandit & Ruby

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

So very sorry for your sudden loss :cry1 What a beautiful tribute to your pretty princess. I'm sure she had plenty of friendly faces waiting for her at the Bridge to show her the best sunbeams :heart:grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:grouphug

Godspeed Princess Nikki :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank-you for posting that wonderful tribute, and sharing your special princess with us. Yes, I think she was a "smiling through tears" kinda girl.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Nikki.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown