Archie, Architard, My Boogerbear

Guest SoulsMom

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest avadogner

So terribly sorry for your loss of Archie. It sounds like he was indeed a good friend and companion.

-ava & augie's mum

I am so very sorry. Little Terriers have a way of getting so close to your heart and usually live so long, they become part of life. Archie sounds like he lived up to his true self and now that he has passed, I am sure it feels like part of you left. He will always have a special place in your heart and knew that.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Amber :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Your memories will stay with you forever. No one can ever take them away from you. I hope that one day soon you will wake up and think about Archie and at the forefront of your mind won't be the memory of his last day but rather the memory all the adventures you had together, all the smiles, the times he made you laugh, the times you drew strength from each other, and the times you spent quietly together.... And that you will smile and remember him with love and not with sadness.

I hope that day comes soon. Hugs.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Heehoo
:beatheart Amber, I'm so sorry you're going through so many life changing experiences. I'm sending some hugs, a shoulder & some positive thoughts. Some love & support are in there too.

Guest EmbersDad

you were there for me when Ember passed, and I am here for you if you need me. I know what a huge hole it has left. ember was there when my dad passed, wouldnt have been able to make it without her. Have a big virtual hug from this bald galoot :-)

cya someday Archie

:bighug

Amber, so very sorry to hear of Archies passing :grouphug:grouphug Godspeed little one.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I'm so sorry your little guy had to leave you, Amber :( :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest bigbrindlebunny

Maybe little in stature, but not in spirit, like yourself.

There are a lot of Greyhounds at the bridge that need buffing up and bossing around, Archie will be helping them out.

Amber....I am so sorry for your loss. Archie was your partner through so much. My thoughts are with you.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Lovely tribute to your little tough old man Archie......don't terriers just wriggle into your heart and not let go.

You may not think it now but in time you will look fondly on precious memories without loss tearing at your heart.

{{{hugs}}} Amber and Soulman

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

This clipping written by Paul Fersen has been on my fridge for years, it seems so appropriate for you, Amber, and your tough little guy.

:grouphug to you and Soul. Godspeed Archie.

We aren't house-proud. If we were, we wouldn't abide the scratches on the door frame, the holes in the screen, the darkened shine of worn spots on the chair. We would wince at the mottled carpet and fret at the hair clinging to our clothes.

We don't. If anything, we lovers of dogs are a tolerant lot, finding greater value in the unabashed affection of our friends than in immmaculate sofas. Shoes can be replaced, but heroic retrievers (terriers, greyhounds) are timeless.

Without dogs, our houses are cold receptacles for things. Dogs make a fire warmer with their curled presence. They wake us, greet us, protect us, and ultimately carve a place in our hearts and our history. On reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Amber, I know how very much Archie meant to you. I'm truly very sorry... but glad I found that song for you.

Marc and the Girls

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Amber-

I am sorry to read that Archie has crossed the bridge. You had been together a long time... so most likely, your thoughts and his thoughts were the same about this. He knows how much he was loved.

Hugs to those left behind.... special hug for Soul.

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.