Daisy Doodles

Wendie

I lost one of my best friends on Friday. It happened so suddenly - starting with a disinterest in her usual food two weeks ago, we figured she was sick of the same old flavor. The week before, she'd lost some weight, but still seemed to be doing fine. Tuesday, we took her to the vet and ran the usual bloodwork and I was still confident that we were going to be told a tooth was bothering her and given antibiotics and told to move up her dental. She was diagnosed with cancer on Wednesday and was set free from pain Friday afternoon. I never expected to lose her so soon, nor so quickly.

_MG_0623.jpg?mtime=1306807695

Daisy came to us as a foster dog - we pulled her out of a bad home after receiving an emergency call from our greyhound adoption group. We were the only people who lived within a few hours of the people who called to give her up and they wanted her out of there THAT DAY. They were keeping her outside during the hottest summer we've had this decade, had her hopped up on sedatives, and were feeding her crap puppy food as she was skin and bones. We'd talked on and off about getting a second dog, but had a list a mile long of what we were looking for. Other than being a female dog that would take the alpha dog role, she was nothing like the dog we had in mind. Looking back, I have no clue what all those requirements were anymore. Funny how that works, huh? We went to pick her up with the intent to keep her for two weeks until someone from the southern part of the state could come get her. That was in July.

In August she went to Prairie Beach with us, we bought her her first martingale collar, and we still pretended she was a foster dog. In September, GPA sent for her to do her vetting and in response, we signed the adoption papers.

Sniff3906789934907422001.jpg?mtime=1306805891

In the past five years, she's taught Joe to chatter his teeth (adorable) and dig holes in the yard (not so adorable) She helped him get through his separation anxiety (major plus) and added to his thunderstorm phobia (not a plus). She would stomp her foot and bark at us if she had to go out and we were ignoring her (even though greyhounds "don't" bark) and would pogo on her back legs any time she thought she was going to get to go for a walk or a car ride. She loved to take walks and sniff and mark and sniff and mark, as if she had no clue that she wasn't a boy dog. Joe thought she was a little bit nuts and had no patience for her endless stop and go behavior :lol At greyhound events, she had no interest in doing anything but obsessively sniffing butts and the past two years, would get so excited that she would start drooling! People would repeatedly ask if something was wrong with her, but she was just excited. And did this NO WHERE else but greyhound events. My little weirdo!

Comfortable__1929157516721934062.jpg?mtime=1306807695

She had no concept of personal space and for a long time was convinced she was a 65 pound lap dog. She's the one who ended our two year "No dogs on the couch" rule. She always had to have something touching you, whether it be her head in your lap or just a paw. Even after having only 5 non-canine teeth left after a series of dentals, she still loved her pig ears, bully sticks, and turkey necks.

She's always been our "red-headed step child" - you know, the one who you lovingly say "If you pee on the floor one more time...." to and make fake threats to all the time? She was the scapegoat and the criminal, the fun police and the "barometer of the moods" in our house. I'd give just about anything to have her here to pee on the carpet half an hour before we host Christmas dinner or stomping and barking at me after I JUST took her out five minutes earlier.

Looking_Pretty3309785351589074679.jpg?mtime=1306805892

I miss you Daisy Doodles, now and forever. Thank you for being just the dog we needed, even when we didn't think we needed you at all. Thanks for being the pushy little girl with the chattering teeth who stole our hearts before we knew what to do. I'm sorry we couldn't do more for you, but I know that you're chasing squirrels and rolling in stinky stuff now. Godspeed my friend.

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed beautiful girl.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer, your red-headed stepchild. She was a beauty and a treasure. Sending many hugs to you and Joe.

Godspeed, crazy Daisy :wub: :wub: .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a beautiful tribute to your wonderful friend. I am so sorry.

Godspeed Daisy Doodles :blush:gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Very sorry for your loss. Your tribute to Daisy was wonderful.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm in tears. Run with the angels sweet girl....

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I'm so sorry you lost your Daisy Doodle. Give your mama a sign baby girl.

Hugs,

Donna & Daisy

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Oh, my gosh, that girl was destined to be with you. What an endearing, lovely, quirky little sweetheart she was, and how you loved her.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Daisy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Your special girl left much too soon. Thank you for telling us about her.

Godspeed Daisy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest FullMetalFrank

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how those little red-headed girls can wrap you around their little paws... Godspeed, Daisy...

Wendie, no one wants to be the one reading this, but when you do, know that she was exhibiting the happiness that life with you and your family gave her!! I am so sorry her time had come, so quickly and so severely. I know she will be missed and that she probably is taking an extra roll in stinky stuff right now! Your genuine love and pride for her shows through so well in your story......RUN FREE OF PAIN AND WORRY, DAISY DOODLES!!

:grouphug:f_white:grouphug:f_white:grouphug

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Daisy, Wendie. Condolences to you and your family for such a heart-breaking loss. Your tribute was moving and the love flowed through your words. We will miss Daisy and her antics will forever be sealed in our hearts. :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****