Don Juan ~ L D's Kokomo

Guest PhillyPups

Guest PhillyPups

I hate having to post here.

DonJuan came into my life a brief 13 months ago, frail, recovering from a cottonmouth snake bite. He was a bit past his prime, at the age of 11, but so full of love. DonJuan was part of the "Island Litter". They tore up Birmingham track, his owner would not let him go to a better paying track because he loved them and would go to the racing kennel to visit them frequently. This picture was sent to me of DonJuan and his littermates, with his "Daddy" Leon when they first came to the track. To the best of my knowledge, they are all at the bridge now

ThePups.jpg

DonJuan was so frail, I did not think he would make it to his 12th birthday. The boy had "heart" and a tenacity that amazed me. He made it to 12 and to his first gotcha day. DonJuan was such a special soul, I feel honored to have been a part of his journey.

Ther are no words to describe his "attitude". DonJuan never asked for ear rubs when walking past him, he held his head up proudly expecting them as his just due, and he always got them.

DonJuan had "heart", his back end failed him, and he was too proud to accept any help getting up, or going outside. I loved him too much to let him struggle and lose his fantastic dignity.

As he left with his head on my lap the last words he heard were how much he was loved. He was loved by me, my friends, his trainer, Mel, and his former owner, Lee. We all shed many tears for our "special" boy, who was not owned by anyone, as he owned all who met him, and allowed us to wait on him.

DSC_0493.jpg

DonJuan, our time was brief, but our love is strong.

Run with the angels my sweet Old Man, I missed our 6am roo this morning ~

know I miss you sweetie :beatheart

Love always ~

Mom

Edited by PhillyPups

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just so very sorry. He is a beautiful soul, inside and out.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

f_yellow f_yellow

Many condolencesb

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Pat I am so so sorry. He was such a special boy. Many many hugs to you and the rest of the Phillypups. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 I wish he could have stayed longer.

Godspeed DonJuan.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

So sad to hear this. Nothing I can say to take away your pain, but I am praying that your memories of sweet Don Juan will ease your heart. Rest well Don Juan.

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Pat, I am very sorry for your loss of your gentleman. While you had him for a short time, it was a good short time and he could not have found a better home.

Run free Don Juan, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Pat...

So sorry you two did not have more time together...

Donna

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I'm sorry, Pat. I knew the time was coming, you knew the time was coming, and if anything that makes it harder.

Godspeed, special boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Pat I'm so sorry. I wish you could have had more time. :cry1 Run free sweet baby. I'm sure you where meet by a large group of hounds to show you the way. :bighug:cry1:bighug

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

While the time he spent with you was short, it was long enough for him to know that he was well loved.

Pat, we are so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds