Larry

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

I want this post to be a celebration of love & life & healing & happiness, for those are all the things I think about when I think of sweet Larry.

IMG_6220.jpg

From the moment he stepped into my home and my heart, it was obvious that a gentle soul had come to reside here.

I wanted him to find peace and comfort here; he brought those things to me. I wanted to heal his sad, broken heart; he healed mine. I wanted to give him abundant love; he returned it to me ten-fold. And in his final moments, as I lay crying beside him trying to tell him it was okay & he wasn't alone, he reached his paw out to my hand and let me know it would be okay & I wasn't alone.

I won't dwell on the sadness of the last week with Larry. I'm going to think about and celebrate every good thing, every triumph, every sweet moment I had with him. And while letting him go was one of the saddest things I've ever had to do and brings me to tears, can you imagine the happiness at Larry's reunion with his dad?

I was so lucky that the most gentle 12-year old boy stepped into my house & life and fell in love with me and, for almost eight months, called me Mama. I'll never forget all the people who came together to bring him here. From Jen, who first posted his photo when his dad died to Rescued Racers in St. Louis to his foster mom, Kelly, to his angel driver, Buck to all the people who cheered him on as he traveled and rejoiced when he made it safe & sound.

Larry is a part of all of us, and I hope you'll join me in celebrating his life.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very Sorry! As I read your tribute the tears can't stop, You were Larry's Angel and Ollie was a sweet Baby and what a joyful life they shared for the last 8 months...... :f_red:grouphug Thanks for being there with Larry and I am sure the memories your family has will always be cherished!

:f_red:gh_run Run Free Larry!!!! :f_red

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

A match made in heaven. We should all be so blessed. Thank you for sharing and may your memories bring you peace and comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Dear Ollie, you were the best little sister ever to Larry.

You made him heal his broken heart after his dad died. You helped your mom heal her heart when Wilbur died.

You have worked hard, little girl.

Know that you did your best your best to keep Larry on Earth.

Larry taught you that you were special, short legs and all.

Let not your heart weep, Ollie.

Let your heart heal.

One day when you look up there will no longer be a cloud's shadow overhead.

Instead, it will be the presence of Larry standing over you and letting you know that he is OK.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

A match made in heaven. We should all be so blessed. Thank you for sharing and may your memories bring you peace and comfort.

Exactly.

God speed very special boy

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest brandi007

I'm so so sorry! I truly believe that they come here, do what they need to do and once their 'mission' is complete they move on to where they need to be next - sometimes too soon. Larry got what he needed to get done in your home and in your heart with lightening speed, you know in your bones that you couldn't of loved him more than you did, even if you had 10 years to spend with him rather than a far too short 8 months. I know what it's like to lose a special guy so quickly but you're going to look back with smiles and tears and look forward to the day you'll see him again, he'll be waiting for you too.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Larry was a special boy who was extraordinarily fortunate to find you, your family, and Ollie for his last months.

Godspeed Larry.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest FreddyGirl

Keep watch over momma Adrianne who loved you more than life. You truly were an angel to her here on earth.

Look for Wilbur, I bet you have many notes to compare.

Godspeed beautiful boy. :f_red

Red roses for you, the distinguished gentle man.

Edited by FreddyGirl

I am so very sorry, Adrianne :(:cry1 :cry1 I'm so glad the two of you got to share the short amount of time you both had. I know it helped to heal both of you. :(:cry1

sending many hugs your way :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

What a lovely tribute to your special boy. I'm so glad he found your family, and so sorry he couldn't stay longer with you.

Godspeed, Larry. Send your people and your Ollie-girl some kisses on the wind.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.