Larry

Guest Adrianne

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:weep Ollie knew; Larry knew, too. What a blessing for both of them that they could have that time together to say goodbye. Eva's music is perfect. Thank you for sharing this remarkable love story with us for the past eight months. I will celebrate tomorrow after I have finished this cry. :weep

Godspeed sweet frosty faced Larry :gh_run When you see Wilbur, thank him for us and give him a hug.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest 4rooers

I'm so thankful Larry had you and Ollie for his last months, and happy you had his love and made some wonderful memories. A beautiful tribute. Give little Ollie a hug from me.

Kim

Larry was a very special boy. I'm glad we got to have him in our home for the short time we did before sending him on to Adrianne.

He blossomed with their family and his little buddy Ollie.

Run Free Larry!

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

I am so sorry for your loss!

You got Larry near the anniversary of my father's death. His name was Larry also, so I always felt a special connection to your guy.

His memory will live on in the hearts of many.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Guest happygrey
:brokenheart:( I must admit I fell in love with Larry from the first post I saw about him. He was one of my most favorites to follow here. I am so sorry that his time with you came to an end so quickly. f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

What a greyt tribute to "frosty face" Larry. Yes this is a celebration of his life. I have tears of joy knowing that his senior time was with you but sorry it was a short time. He certainly left an impact on everyone. I think I saw Larry and Ollie enjoying PBB treats from Jan Z of Camp Greyhound, Fiveroooorers. Greyt video and so appropriate that Eva Cassidy is singing Fields of Gold, as Eva was an animal lover. I think Eva would smile down on us watching this video. May the wind always be at your back sweet Larry!:f_red

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest bigorangedog

I knew this would make me cry, and it did. There's nothing I can say, except, I love you Larry. I'm glad I got to have a teeny tiny part in your life, and get to know you a bit through your mom's posts and photos. I'll always remember you.

Your "Aunt" Jen

Your tribute was beautiful. I will never forget Larry. He had such a sweet face. How could we not fall in love with him? I cried so many tears for Larry last week. After I learned of his passing, I cried again, but then I thought of Larry being reunited with his first Daddy and I smiled. That is some reunion, I'm sure.

My thoughts continue to be with you and your family and sweet Ollie. Thank you for sharing Larry with us.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

Guest Flysmom

The last 2 pictures of Ollie and Larry just broke my heart! I am so very sorry that Larry had to leave so soon. My husband said that it takes a special person to take in a Senior and you and your family are special people!

Sending you and your family hugs and special gentle scritches to little Ollie!

Guest lynne893

Thank you for loving Larry and giving him a wonderful new home late in his life. You are a good soul, and he loved you for it.

"And in his final moments, as I lay crying beside him trying to tell him it was okay & he wasn't alone, he reached his paw out to my hand and let me know it would be okay & I wasn't alone."

That took my breath away.

Godspeed, Larry. You were so loved by many!

That tribute is absolutely lovely!!! What a wonderful home Larry had to finish his life in. Thank you for giving him that.

Those last 2 pictures --- oh my, they broke my heart.

Rest in peace & happiness, sweet Larry.

And precious Ollie - I hope you can find peace as well. You are truly a special, amazing lady. Thank you for sharing your family & your heart with Larry.

gallery_21421_3253_11008.jpg

Barb, Mom to Grey's Tickertape & Grey's McCarthy.
Always missing: Wizzie and Desi

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I can't say it any better than Dee said -- I have rarely read a tribute that moved me on so many levels. Reminding me that we have, indeed, angels among us --- and that some Greyhound people just "get it" .... you've painted a rainbow with your words and pictures and love Adrianne. Thank you deeply for that. Larry and sweet little Ollie -- and your understanding of what was really going on are imprinted on my heart forever.

When Wilbur and Larry come to meet you, Adrianne, I can imagine your getting the Biggest bear hug from Larry's Dad --- can you imagine how grateful he is for your love and care for Larry over these months.

the journey continues.. sending healing light and love

I've been following Larry's story and thank you so much for you love and care for him...and gentle scritchies to little Ollie. :grouphug:f_pink

Cathy (and Jackie)

Blank 500 x 150.jpg
Suzie aka  CBJ Fly Sonic (b. 07 Feb 2015) and missing:
Homer aka Atoscocita Homer (05 Oct 2010- 16 Nov 2021)
Xena the Galgo aka Xene the Bean (? 2009- 6 Sep 2018)
Jackie aka Katie aka Sun Blaze (16 April 2001- 14 April 2014)

I'm so sorry. We'll miss Larry. He seemed so gentle and sweet flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I just can't find the words to express my emotions. :grouphug I keep coming back to love. The love that was in your wonderful tribute, the love between your family and Larry, & Larry & Ollie, & all of ya'll and Wilbur & Larry, and Larry & us- so much love- Larry stirred up so much love everywhere-and that's what it's all about. Nothing on earth is more powerful than love. I think LARRY said it all best when he reached his paw out to your hand. But it wasn't just your hand- it was all of ours hands. I don't know if I've ever known anybody that was so able to bring out the highest ideal of love in everyone their life touched as Larry did. His love was so powerful you didn't even have to know him personally- just knowing about him and watching the example he set about how we all should be. Yes, you are right it should be a celebration. A celebration that we knew him and he blessed us and that he will continue his loving ways-albeit from another dimension perhaps-but love that strong can NEVER die. It says that in the Bible and Larry's love will go on forever and yes that should be celebrated. Sorry for rambling. Prayers for all and special kisses to dear Ollie for her incredible love. I will still send him scritches and kisses from his KY friends and love him always.

:f_red:gh_lay:f_red

THANK YOU LARRY. Scritches & kisses from your KY friends! We LOVE you forever and will always be grateful for what you taught us about love..

I'm so sorry it was his time to go...what a lovely tribute...and what a legacy sweet Larry leaves. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross