Quiet Man

JenniferS

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry. :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest monasmom

Jen,

We are so sorry!! You have a lot of good wishes (the number of pages on this thread went from 3 to 6 just while I was sitting here reading them). QM (and YOU) has a lot of fans.

I'm crying thinking about the quiet in your house now. I wish there were something I could do to ease the pain. It hurts and it sucks. :weep

Hugs!! :grouphug

The Brady Bunch (Laura, Brian, Mona Lisa, Rocky, and Vinny)

p.s. extra skritchies and biskies for Murphy today. Give Momma extra lubbins, old man.

It's dark here and looks like thunder. I cannot help wonder if it's QM talking :lol: He was one of a kind, an icon amongst GH's and a true GH snob. Jen you gave him the best of everything. He will be missed. Sundays will never be the same.

Barbara
Majestic and Ranger

"If you want to hear the patter of little feet I'll put shoes on my dogs."

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was one of my favourite GT hounds.

Godspeed Quiet Man.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Mommy2Gideon

Jen,

I was so shocked to hear of QuietMan's passing. I'm so very sorry for your loss. It was always apparent what a special bond you two had. And I always loved to hear QM's take on things ;) Sending hugs to you and Murphy.

I always loved the name Quiet Man. :( I am so sorry that he is gone.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest Fasave

Quiet Man will be missed but you have tons of great memories. Most of my memories of him make my laugh because he was so funny and cry because I miss him too. Anyway, here are a few.

1. The first time I met him in obedience class. Jen, what were we thinking? We both know the only one who can train us is our dogs and QM was equally confused as to why there was this pesky instructor in the room. He knew he had done a great job with you already.

2. The weekend he stayed with me and was quite angry with me when the boys and I went to bed upstairs knowing that QM was quite independent and wouldn't mind having his space downstairs. By midnight he made it quite clear that Jen promised him a "real" sleep over and the boys and I with blankets and pillows in tow, stumbled down the stairs and partied in the living room with him for the rest of the weekend.

3. Waking up before sunrise in Dewey and watching QM try to convince Mom that she was a morning person. Kudos for at least getting her on the beach by "sun up" which she still thinks is "sunrise".

4. Listening to QM sound the alarm on all our greyhound adventures letting the group know that another non-grey was threatening our group. I especially love the memories of Mom dragging QM through the woods to get him off the trail but true to form he continued to sound the alarm.

5. QM had the best facial expressions. He would look at you with his head tilted and ears perked forward as if eager to share a very important thought with you.

Thank you QM for sharing your home with my boys. While I'll never have proof, I'm quite sure QM shared a fair amount of his wisdom with my boys. I'm also quite sure QM is one behind the sudden increase of bunny sightings on my morning walks. For that, Ave & Safari say thank you too!

My heart sank when I saw Quiet Man's name...he's been on GT forever. Let the memories put a smile on your face.

Run with the Angels, sweet boy!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11