Quiet Man

JenniferS

Jen, I am so sorry for your loss. Just seeing the name Quiet Man brings images of a sweet, dignified, gentleman which is exactly what your handsome boy was. It was always clear how much you loved each other - he was truly your special dog and in the place he most wanted to be in life. May all those wonderful memories you have made with him bring you comfort and in time many smiles.

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss of Quiet Man. I remember one Dewey where I saw a car with the Mass. plates and a handsome brindle boy in the back, and I thought, "I hope that's Quiet Man!!" and it was, and it was such a pleasure to meet him.

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

I'm so sorry. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Oh, I am sorry that you had to say goodbye to your boy. He will live on in the memories of others, too.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest KRKWMU

Jennifer, I've got tears in my eyes sitting here at work. :cry1 I'm so sorry that Quiet Man is gone. We really enjoyed being your Secret Santa that year. Hold on to the memories. :grouphug We'll be thinking about you.

I couldn't believe it when I saw his name. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed beautiful boy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

What a handsome boy! I'm sorry for your loss. RIP sweet baby.

:f_red:f_red:f_red

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

He was obviously a very special boy - RIP Quiet Man.

:f_white:grouphug:gh_lay:grouphug:f_white

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest 2Brindles

I am so sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed reading posts about Quiet Man and I love his name! Run free at the Bridge sweet boy. :gh_run

Guest LANDOLISA

I am So Sorry for your loss, I know your pain way too well... Just remember all the love you shared together. f_yellow From the pictures he was a very handsome boy and you can see love in his eyes.

Rest in Peace you beautiful brindle boy, Godspeed and run free. :gh_run

I am so very sorry for the loss of your very handsome Quiet Man.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

I'll never forget the day I saw Jen on the beach at Dewey, tears flowing down her face, frustrated that QM could not control himself around the many non-greys on the beach. He saw that she was upset, and put his head down and into her chest. QM was a bit of a racist: greyhounds only please. But, he loved Jen as much as she loved him.

We, all of us who knew you, are really going to miss you Quiet Man

STILL MISSED: TEDDY"Ted Sarandis" 8/18/92-7/3/2001..WILLOW 2/21/95-10/12/05..MAGIC "Special Dark" 9/20/93-10/3/2002..STEELY "Sport Connection" 8/1/90-7/2/04.. BARNEY "Pa's Sad Eyes"8/1/93-5/9/07..ALLIE 6/96-10/17/08...MR. BRITT "Cedarun Brett" 8/1/02-7/15/11..HARPER"Dashin Along"1/11/01-3/12/12..CAVAN "Pat C Cavan" 12/29/98-6/19/12..WHISPER"Ecstatic Events" 7/11/01-10/7/13..Lilly"Mimosa Maria"4/27/02-6/23/14..NELLIE"Afteraracenellie"5/21/2000-7/7/2014...SANTOS"Galgo" 2000-7/10/15..MOLLY"JWC Molivia Girl"3/18/02-3/6/16..

NewLogo.gif

Guest jurishound

I am so sorry Jen. The pain of losing your beloved Quiet Man must be so hard to bear. He was certainly a special boy, and you had such a wonderful bond. Godspeed, precious Quiet Man. :gh_run

:grouphug

I am truly sorry Quiet Man had to leave this world. Rest in peace, you special boy. Your mama loves you so......

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest KelseysLackey

Jen, I still can't believe that QM is gone.

He was one of a kind, a truly unique hound with personality to match his bark. And the special bond that the two of you shared was impossible to miss.

Godpseed QM, you will be missed by many.

(but can you please keep the noise down up there?)

DSC_2840.jpg

DSC_2946.jpg

DSC_8776.jpg

How very sad I am to see this post. He was a very special hound indeed. There is another bright star in the night sky to light up your heart with his memories. :brokenheart

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star