Ember Aka Emblems Luck

Guest EmbersDad

I couldn't believe it when I saw your post in health and medical yesterday...

I am sure you cannot believe this is happening either.

It did make me smile and cry to hear about your trip to McDs... many prayers for you and your family.

Amy and Tim in Beverly, MA, with Chase and Always missing Kingsley (Drama King) and Ruby (KB's Bee Bopper).

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart is breaking for you. Run fast and whole with the Angels, sweet Ember.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Tom, you have been on my mind this morning. I'm glad you checked in to let us. Thank you so much for sharing Ember's life with us and her fight with the evil disease that took her from you too soon. Ember was put into your life for a reason. That's funny how you knew the moment that she burped in your face that she was meant to be your best friend. They are all so special to us but the ones who pick us don't know the life of royalty that they are going to have. We were blessed that you shared your life and Ember's with us. That's the one thing about the world of greyhounds...the people are so different than the non-greyhound people. The love we have for these wonderful creatures is just so amazing. The greyhounds bring out a part of people that non-greyhound people do not understand but would love to share if they knew it was possible.

Please as time goes by share more Ember stories with us. I'm sure she was a character. :heart

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

My heart broke when I saw Ember's name here. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl. She was loved by so many.

:f_pink:f_pink

Rest in peace, sweet girl, and my thoughts and prayers are with you, Tom.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest goofydog

I was shocked to see Ember's name here. You two were a match made in heaven and gave each other so much love. I am so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed Ember. Hugs and healing thoughts for you Tom.

RobinM made a donation in embers name to osu and her memorial page is up

:kiss2 for polli's mom

http://www.vet.ohio-state.edu/5112.htm

What a lovely and thoughtful gesture to honor Ember's memory.

Tom, Ember has touched so many hearts deeply - so many tears fell yesterday at the news of her passing and it is still hard to believe that she is gone. It is a tribute to Ember and to you that she is so well-loved. You have been an inspiration, even in your heartache over Ember, to always find a spark of humor, a bright moment as if you are trying to cheer the rest of us up. If ever there was a person born to live & love greyhounds it was you.

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful girl with us and being the special person you are.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

What a beautiful tribute to an awesome girl. This is a huge heartbreak. :crying :crying You both have been such an inspiration to so many.

I hope that your memories of the happy times will help to ease your sorrow over the coming months. You were both so very lucky to have found each other.

Hugs to you and godspeed to Ember. :gh_run Run pain free now baby.

Thank you for sharing her with all of us. f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

8-14-hound-siggy.jpg?gl=US

Living a GREYT life at the Hound Hacienda - Clarkdale, Arizona

Always missing our angel hounds; Parker, Lacey, Bella, Figgy, Macho, Aspen, Kingman and Tillie

Guest Javagirl

I'm so sorry Tom - Ember was, is and always will be a beautiful, beloved member of this community. Her fight was valiant, humbling to us all, and now she is free.

Kristyn

I'm so very sorry... :f_pink

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

That was a wonderful gesture, Robin, really touching.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I am so so sorry to hear this...your tribute was so beautiful along with everything you have shared. I have followed your journey and had hoped she could could be with you for a long time to come. So many of her habits remind me of Bailey, burps, rubbing along side of the bed...she was a beautiful well-loved girl who put up a courageous fight.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Tom, I am so sorry. I just saw this. I don't have words for you. Please take solace in knowing that you did everything you could for her.

Rest in peace, sweet girl.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.