Ember Aka Emblems Luck

Guest EmbersDad

Guest hannahmom

Oh Tom,

I am so very sad to hear that it was your girl's time to leave you.

She was so very loved, and no animal who is that loved ever leaves, they just transition

I will look for her star tonight - I know it will be bright

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrskasMom

Tom .... I wish I could do or say something that makes it any less painful but there isn't and I am bawling my Eyes out.

You gave Ember everything this beautiful Girlie deserved and then some. I followed Embers Story all the way and now

this ..... I am in total disbelief . So Sorry Tom :bighug :bighug :f_pink

Guest KelseysLackey
Sometimes a person and a dog seem so right for each other, you can't imagine them with anybody else. I think you and Ember were like that.

It's funny, but I have long had the same thought, and it came to mind right away after watching that moving tribute.

Tom, I am so sorry for your loss.

You and Ember showed such courage, determination and spirit during her battle.

:f_pink Run free Ember - Godspeed sweet one :f_pink

Guest argolola

My heart is breaking for you as I sit here sobbing. Please take comfort in knowing that you gave Ember a wonderful life. You will be in my prayers.

Something tells me that many greys will be helped because of Ember and her legacy.

Can't find the right words to express my feelings...........hope actions speak louder

I've drawn this picture in honour of sweet gentle-natured Ember, and donating the original to our charities Art Exhibition in February - any monies raised will go towards helping other homeless needy greyhounds.

This is my tribute to her and her loving daddy...........In memory of Ember

post-17679-1231974208_thumb.jpg

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Oh, I am so sorry! Seeing Ember's name in remembrance just made me start to cry. Your girl will be greatly missed by us GTers.

You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

f_yellow

Guest EmbersDad
Can't find the right words to express my feelings...........hope actions speak louder

I've drawn this picture in honour of sweet gentle-natured Ember, and donating the original to our charities Art Exhibition in February - any monies raised will go towards helping other homeless needy greyhounds.

This is my tribute to her and her loving daddy...........In memory of Ember

post-17679-1231974208_thumb.jpg

wow, that is beautiful. thank you for remembering ember

Oh, Tom, I'm so sorry. To say that there was an actual physical pain in my heart when I saw the update in H&M would not be an exageration. And I know that everyone here feels the same way. If ever there was a dog who fought the monster with grace and courage, it was Ember. And if ever there was an owner who did everything they possibly could, unselfishly and out of unconditional love, it was you.

I will have to watch the video when I get home from work and can cry alone.

I know your heart is breaking now, and your home is awesomely empty (though Althea's intuitiveness will be such a comfort). You will miss her so much, and we will miss her too, miss just knowing that she's out there fighting the good fight with quiet tenacity (her Dad supporting her every step of the way). She knew that she was loved wholeheartedly. I hope your certainty of that will help to ease your pain.

And one day, when Ember sends you the lucky hound she wants you to have, you will welcome him or her into your home and heart. There could be no more fitting tribute to your precious girl.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so very sorry. :weep I was so hoping that your beautiful girlie would be with you for a long, long time. :( She was such a trooper. :heart Godspeed, sweet Ember... go run like the wind with the angels, forever free of pain. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean
:wub: I think everyone should have Mickey D's d for dinner tonight in memory and in honor of Ember!

Great idea! I down with it, haven't had McD's fries in ages :chow

im in, what time?

Me tooo

FOR EMBER

We're in! DH is going to wonder why I am bringing home McD's and I just know I will be in tears, explaining it to him. Josey will be more than happy to chow down on her cheeseburger. 6:30ish PST...

FOR EMBER...and Tom :)

Edited by LoveMyJoseyBean

I feel as though someone kicked me in the gut. I checked Ember's webcam every day hoping to catch a glimpse of my hero. Grace with dignity. She was, at the very least, extremely special. And her Dad...........Tom, what can I say? I think we see our reflection in our dog's eyes and that being the case, you were meant for each other. Sobbing through the video just reminded me of how cruel osteo is.

But you have a record of so many great memories before osteo that I hope that the pain of losing her are replaced with the memories of how truly special your time together was.

Words seem so inadequate but I am truly, truly sorry.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greyt2love

Such a lovely girl ! I'm so sorry for your loss. I was following Ember and hoping she would have more time. You showed your love in your decision to let her go before she had to deal with the inevitable pain and loss of quality of life. My sympathy goes out to you. The video rememberance was lovely, and yes, I needed tissues through the entire thing.

Run free and strong, sweet Ember !

Tom...words escape me and it is difficult to type through my tears. My prayers are with you.

Angel Ember~I see you running on all four...breathing nice and easy...and with a huge smile on your face as your watch over your Daddy from your special cloud. You will be sorely missed sweetheart. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest GiJenn51

Tom--

Your video was just -- well capturing and perfect-- but I tell you, the last half, especially the last 30 seconds--- You could see the look in her eye. The love for you, the care and thought for her Dad ad Althea. You are one of the most wonderful people with one of the brightest souls I have ever had the pleasure to get to know. Thankyou for sharing Ember with us. She perfect on earth as she is in heaven.

Godspeed Sweet Ember. f_yellow

I am so very, very sorry, Tom. You and Ember gave me hope as I started the battle for Mango. We will soldier on in her honor now.

Run free, Sweet Ember! :f_red

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest greytexplorer

Oh Tom :weep

I know Ember appreciates your tribute, and I'm sure she held you in the same high esteem.

Thanks for sharing her story with me.

hugs,

~Pat

Guest greytgrandma

run free beautiful brave sweet Ember.So many loved you .I spent many evening with your web cam open in one window up in the corner of my screen while doing other stuff in another window.

:f_pink:gh_run:f_pink