Ember Aka Emblems Luck

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

today, ember lost her battle with osteo. she began to cough about a week ago. i was moderately concerned, but just had myself gotten over a cold. i was hoping that it was no more than that. we had a chemo round scheduled today and when i told dr ian about the coughing, he wanted to do x rays right away. if you could have seen what i saw on the xrays. there were tumors everywhere, the biggest looked about golf ball size. she also had a pleural effusion and there really was no more treatment they could do. it was meds to reduce the fluids and drugs for pain and a month or 2 of watching her fade away in a drug haze or bestowing upon her the final, ultimate act of love and freeing her from the world of 3 legs to run again, fast and strong, on all fours with friends she is no doubt making as i type this.

it was funny, last night, for the first time ever, althea layed down next to ember and rested her head on embers bum. i was cuddling with ember, stroking her neck and petting her. she sat up, and looked over, but kept relaxing and allowed althea to rest there. she never ever did that. she finally accepted a dog after all her abuse in her first home. even freakier, althea slept in embers space last night, ember slept in the living room.

my vets are the best. dr ian was crying his eyes out as was i. dr g came in and sat with me, and they had a tech sit with me as well. the tech held ember as the first shot relaxed her into my lap. she went quietly after, my hand on her heart, me telling her how beautiful she was and how much i loved her.

when she finally was gone, me and the tech sat there crying, i slipped the collar from her neck and released her. when i came out, the whole front office was in tears. dr souders came by crying and gave me a big hug. they all loved my dog, and it showed. she was the absolute bestest girlie ever,, my heart dog. because of her, i have althea in my life, and will eventually have another. her passing assures it. the universe already has put it into motion.

i received a PM from someone who said that my posts on embers battle inspired them to carry on the fight when their hound was diagnosed. i am incredibly honored by that. you honor ember's memory as well, she did not fight in vain,others know it is possible to fight and win against this horrible disease.

and if i did it right, the tissues nearby. ( it may take a bit to process )

thank you all,

love

tom

Ember AKA Emblems Luck

12-8-97 1-14-09

it begins....as i posted these pictures, i can smell ember...its everywhere..strong...its frikkin everywhere..shes here

io41mo.jpg

i am going to put her ashes here when she comes home and the wheel turns once again

m96p78.jpg

Edited by EmbersDad

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, I am so very sorry. You and Ember fought a brave battle together. :f_pink

Godspeed sweet Ember :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest VaGreymom

I have followed Embers thread, and have been praying for a much different outcome. I am so very sorry for the loss of Ember.

Run Free Sweetie. :f_red

Guest SoulsMom

Tom, I can't watch the clip from here but I will tonight with Soul when we have our own little remembrance of her, with wine and the songs you suggested. As I stated in the other thread, Ember was so lucky to have you. You protected her from the inevitable pain, even though I know it shattered your heart.

Ember will never be forgotten. I've had to work today with my door shut because I keep crying. She was such a strong, sweet, beautiful girl here on earth, and I'm sure she is now an even more magnificent angel. Godspeed Ember, and send your Dad a sign soon :kiss2

:gh_run2

Edited by SoulsMom

I'm so sorry. Ember fought hard and showed that C won't keep anyone down.

Farewell, dear Ember. Run free.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I am so very very sorry to read this. I had been following your threads and have always enjoyed Ember and hoped and prayed with you during her final journey. Your love for her (and she for you) was so obvious. May your heart find peace. Run free, Ember.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

i'm sorry to read about ember's passing.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. I followed all of the posts I did see here regarding Ember. In the video tribute there are so many pictures of her that look exactly like my Alan - I always thought they looked alike with their white faces now.

I hope you find peace and am sure you will knowing the love that you and Ember had for each other. Tissues, of course, many. Godspeed sweet sweet Ember. You will be missed. And thank you again for being Alan's Secret Bunny last year. We will always treasure the beautiful collar you sent to him.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest StriderDog

I am heartbroken for you - it showed in every post how much you love Ember. Her story has touched all of us - please know that you're not alone in your grief.

:( I was so sad to see Ember's name in Rememberance. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Run free, pretty girl.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest boondog

Tom, my heart breaks for you. I was devastated this morning when I saw your H&M thread locked. Ember was such a special girl. Thank you for sharing her with us. Run free, sweetie.

Guest myjazzy

I am so very sorry you had to let Ember go. :grouphug You had a tough decision to make and chose the unselfish one, which shows how much you loved her. I think she and Althea knew, and Althea was comforting her and telling her it would be ok, that she would take care of you. Run free sweet, beautiful, brave Ember. :gh_run

:f_white:f_pink:f_white:f_pink:f_white