Ember Aka Emblems Luck

Guest EmbersDad

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EmbersDad

good morning

i made it through the night. no girlie to greet me when i woke up...no girlie to corner me in the bathroom....althea did burp on me after breakfast. ember always did that. thank you everybody for your kind words, poems and drawings. the outpouring of sympathy i have received here has touched me deeply.

damn allergies........

Guest wmlcml6

You got burped on, Tom? That was Curly Sue's way of saying I love you!

The "firsts" are so difficult.

I hope Ember and Annie have found each other. Annie can show her how to stalk boy dogs as they pee to make them really nervous.

Guest EmbersDad
You got burped on, Tom? That was Curly Sue's way of saying I love you!

The "firsts" are so difficult.

I hope Ember and Annie have found each other. Annie can show her how to stalk boy dogs as they pee to make them really nervous.

it is bittersweet too. the very first time i met ember at the fosters house, she burped on me too. i knew it was meant to be after that. i think ember would enjoy doing that with annie. she was always so well behaved here, its time to be mischevious. thank you for letting me share that memory...more tears.....

Guest SoulsMom

Oh, Tom. I hate that feeling when you first open your eyes in the morning and part of your brain knows something is wrong, but not what just yet . . . then it hits you, and it's so damn hard to get out of bed :cry1

paws crossed in prayer for Ember....... and family.

Run free sweet champion.

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

What can I say that hasn't already been said.

We will all miss Ember, but she will live in in all our hearts, especially yours.

Hugs to you.

:brokenheart

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so very sorry, Tom :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

your girl's brave fight with Osteo will be an inspiration for many :sad1 :sad1

sending hugs your way to help ease the pain :grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest EmbersDad
What can I say that hasn't already been said.

We will all miss Ember, but she will live in in all our hearts, especially yours.

Hugs to you.

:brokenheart

thank you. as long as you and polli and all the other houndies continue to fight on, embers legacy will live forever! :wub::angel:gh_face

ny6w6u.jpg

well, i took soulsmom's suggestion and went out to mickey d's......

heading out to mickey d's for ember's memorial dinner

mcekn4.jpg

i asked sync to play another song of tragic loss....ronnie van zant of lynyrd skynyrd

x2jq8j.jpg

another day ends....

sxmc6d.jpg

turn right

2147cz6.jpg

aaah..mickey d's

w0p7q1.jpg

hmmmm

vr7wg9.jpg

coming home :lol

2e1w175.jpg

the feast..burger and some fries for althea

2ponng7.jpg

93 cents left on the card. :kiss2 to soulsmom for the suggestion

What a gorgeous sunset!! I love the pic of Althea waiting for you to bring in those fries! Sounds like a lovely memorial dinner for Ember. Maybe you can save the 93 cents for the summertime and take Althea for an ice cream cone.

I had Mickey D's too. Big box of fries. First time in many years. I'm sure my body will revolt later ( :lol) , but Ember is worth it :wub:

ETA: I still can't wrap my mind around that she's really gone :weep

When I saw the name Ember in Rememberance I at first refused to read any further. This just couldn't be Tom's Ember that so many of us have come to know and love. It took me several attempts to stop crying and compose myself after reading about her passing but I finally managed to make it up to McD's. Nadir, Beanie, and Bruiser enjoyed double cheeseburgers from McD's for the first time in their life last night in honor of Ember and her love of McD's. I joined them with a large order of fries and a glass of wine I raised in toast to the valient fight you and Ember waged against osteo.

I too find it difficult to believe that she is gone. Ember and your love and devotion to her was so much a part of why I love GT so much. Thank you for sharing her with us :grouphug.

Rest peacefully sweet girl. You will be deeply missed :cry1

:f_white:f_pink:f_white:f_pink

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Tom, I am so sorry for your loss. Ember was such a special little girl and what a wonderful daddy she had. We'll always remember her and how you fought so courageously right along with her. Please accept my condolences.

:grouphug

:weep :weep :weep

Tom, I am so terribly sorry. Ember was an amazing fighter, and inspiration to all of us here. I have followed her good days and bad days,

And her Mickey D's days :wub:

there is still money on the gift card she got in a seekrit santa gift. i was saving it for the final rounds of chemo :weep :weep :weep

What I find that really helps is to do good deeds in their name. Take that card & do a good deed for another special hound that needs it. :grouphug

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

I'm so sorry, and so very, very sad. Ember was a special, beautiful girl.

Rest in peace, sweetheart. You are so loved.

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest GriffinsMom

What a beautiful tribute to Ember. I have followed your progress as you both fought so hard together. Bless you for letting her go. Run free at the Bridge sweet Ember.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Guest EmbersDad

i have some memories i would like to share

the first is the day i met her. sheila and i were at the table signing the adoption papers and ember came up to me and burped in my face. thats how i knew she was the one for me.

she always would come into the computer room huffing and puffing for attention. eventually she figured out how to nose her head right under my right hand as it was on the mouse and get lovin that way. if i stopped, she would poke my hand off the mouse with her nose and insist that i love on her. she was pretty smart.

when i would come home. she would greet me at the door, circling me like a cat and rubbing her face all over my leg. she learned "go get a toy" and would race down to the bedroom and emerge with a stuffy to go play with.

in the morning when i would wake up, she would always come over to the bed and greet me, playbowing and stretching, pressing against the side of the bed for lovin, then rubbing her body up and down the side of the bed.

im gonna miss that the most :weep :weep :weep

she also knew the best time to get scritches was when dad was on the throne.....but i will spare u the details there :rofl

thanx for letting me share

love

tom

I'm so sorry. It's clear how much you love her, and I know she knew that. Take comfort in the happy memories!

I know how you feel, I lost my darling Kramer last year, and it's painful, but the kindest thing we can do when we know they're in pain is to let them go.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest cindysmom

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Ember. She sounds like a very special girl. I'm sure my Cindy was there to meet her and show her around. My deepest condolences to you.

Tom, I don't have the words right now...I'm in tears. :cry1 Ember put up such an amazing fight. You were right there by her side, to help her every step of the way. The cancer took her way too soon. We'll be thinking about you. :grouphug

Guest jade1046

Haven't been on GT in a couple days and my heart just sank seeing this. Although I don't post often due to limited access time on GT, I have followed Ember's journey and my heart breaks for you. :weep What a beautiful, special girl you have (she's still with you in spirit). Run pain free, sweet Ember and I hope you see my Felicia at the bridge. :f_white:gh_run:f_white