Penny Is In Icu (coming Home Wednesday Pm)

My heart is breaking for you. If every a dog deserved a miracle, it is your Penny. Please know that there will be prayers and tons of white light going out to this precious girl. And to you too. I'm so sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sending prayers for Penny! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

What a nightmare - sending prayers :hope:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I am so sorry - I'm adding all my prayers and good thoughts to the others for Penny. Hugs to you as well - this is so hard for you to see your girl go through this. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I have never said this on GT before but - we do think that Darcy was given a larger dose than she should have been given, of Doxorubacyn (her final dose at the end of her chemo treatment). It was sort of alluded to at the time by the vet and then discussed again at a later date but anyway, what I'm saying is that Darcy had her treatment on the Thursday and she was admitted to the hospital on the Monday. She had really bad sickness and diorheah (however you spell it) and she was very poorly indeed. She was treated at the hospital until the Friday (by which times those symptoms had stopped) and we brought her home to continue her recovery. And she DID recover.

Penny may well be in for a rough ride over the next few days but I want you to know of Darcy's story so that you know that it is possible to make a complete recover.

We will be sending very best wishes for Penny and for you :grouphug:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thank you SO much everyone. I haven't gotten an update yet this morning (it's kind of early anyway).

And Bevd, you echoed my thoughts. But I just don't know how much to put her thru or ask of her, when or if things get rough with her. I think a day maybe two, I just don't know. I ask God's guidance for that knowledge of what's enough for her.

2wck1zc.jpg

Prayers going out that you'll get a positive update today.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Penny update: It's been a day and a half since the overdose.

She is still in ICU and doing okay. Her bloodwork

looks good. She does have a fever and is stiff

when she walks, both probable side effects of the

medication. The doctors are slightly more optomistic

today that she could pull thru this. The maker of the

drug is advising them, and they too said that it is

possible for her to pull thru this. I am very hopeful,

but trying to be realistic and remember that she

could die from this.

Edited by tornadosgirl
2wck1zc.jpg