Penny Is In Icu (coming Home Wednesday Pm)

Thank you for the update. I am so glad to hear she is hanging on and got to chow down on a chicken. :P Hugs to you. :grouphug Hoping your girl stays strong and gets better and better each day. :hope:goodluck

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. Sending more prayers and white light.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

What a kind doctor to buy her the chicken! Sending more prayers for Penny's full recovery and :grouphug to you.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

My Penny sends your Penny many healing kisses, and hugs to you! Get better soon, Penny-Girl!

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Sending lots of prayers for your gallant tough girlie, and some hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I wondered how she was doing. That sounds like a promising report from the doctor. Fingers crossed and lots of good thoughts going to Penny - hang in there little one! And hugs to your mom! :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest SoulsMom

Oh what a wonderful update. I'm so sorry this happened to your girl. :grouphug She's at Tufts, right? ICU there is so expensive I hope they are picking up the tab for her stay :(

When my Odd Cat was on chemo for mast cell cancer, I read in a couple of places that the reason dogs tolerate chemo so well is that they get nowhere near the dosages humans get of the same drugs. This is done mostly to make the chemo more "tolerable" for the human owner.

Is it possible that Penny somehow got what would be a "human" dose? Regardless, she's in my thoughts & prayers for a complete recovery from this episode.... :grouphug

Maryann, Bama (TW Beltram), Stephanie (Tom's Stepinhi) & Henderson the Cardigan Welsh Corgi

They are picking up the tab. That's one of the first things they said, since it was their error.

Her tummy is very upset now, so no food. They don't want her to aspirate anything into her

lungs. She is highly susceptible to infection- the overdose knocked out her white blood cell

count.

2wck1zc.jpg

Guest MorganKonaAlex
They are picking up the tab. That's one of the first things they said, since it was their error.

Her tummy is very upset now, so no food. They don't want her to aspirate anything into her

lungs. She is highly susceptible to infection- the overdose knocked out her white blood cell

count.

There's a medication used to boost white blood count in humans during chemo. Neupogen (and Neulasta). I haven't heard of it being used in dogs, but it's worth asking about. It was pretty expensive when I was on it but that was 5 years ago.

Tufts is giving her this (or something similar, if not this). They started that on Saturday. Thanks.

ETA: They say she's "perky" this morning. She loves her doctors. (Hate to tell them, she loves ANYONE who gives her scritches. I always tell people, she would love Jack the Ripper).

Edited by tornadosgirl
2wck1zc.jpg

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.