WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

OmgOmgOmg!!!!!  You guys!!  You guys!!  GESS WHAT??   

I helped Momma's horsie win a big race today!!!   Really!!!

Momma didn't have any lettiss for takos, so she decided to take Miss Dr Robin's advice and made nachos instead cause she was gonna be watching the horsie racing on Satidday affernoon!  And *I*got to taste test them first!!  A whole torteeya chip with meat and cheese on it!!  :chow It was good, so Flizzie got one too, and then Momma eated the rest.  And then her horsie - Seize the Grey - won the big Pennsylvania Derby!

HE WON!!!  All the way from the gate to the finishing line!!  :pepper

Miss Caroline, I think the racing track is just on the outside of the Phillydelphia!  In... um... Bensalem, PA!!!  Parx, is the name!

Momma is very very very essited!  But it was all because I approved the nachos!!  ;)

Miss Ivy sounds like you are getting back on the rite track yourownseff!!

We hadded a nice day and played outside a lot and hadded lotsa fun!

AP - gen-yu-ine tasty tester!!!

• Like 6

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

CAROL UPDATE

CAROL WILL BE MOVING TO YET ANOTHER FACILITY IN THE NEXT WEEK.

HER FRIEND CECELIA SAYS IT WOULD BE BEST TO USE CAROL'S HOME ADDRESS SO I'M WAITING FOR HER TO CONFIRM WHAT THAT IS.

CAROL DOES HAVE HER PHONE BUT IS BEING KEPT SO BUSY WITH SO MANY DIFFERENT REHAB PEOPLE THAT CECELIA OFTEN CAN'T REACH HER.

CECELIA SAID CAROL REALLY HAS ENJOYED HEARING FROM Y'ALL

• Like 4

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Plus dey choppped my toes and made me scream.     You should hear my Gimme pigs scream when I cut their toenails! Almost supersonic :wow

Well, hmpf, I thought there were more of you here who were Friends of the Tofu and that my recipe, honed and adjusted over the years, to make it good for frying would be met with "Huzzah!"s ... butt no :(

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Chris, he considered the Paxlovid, but my brother and his wife took it, and it had a lot of unpleasant side effects, so Doug decided not to do it.   Elizabeth, I keep telling him to go sit outside!  I am baffled as to why he's not interested.  It's been so nice out, and he's so bored.  He could sit out back with the girls, or on the front porch, where we have a lovely porch swing, and he actually could see cars and people go by.  He's doing better.  I'm relieved that he said today that his lungs feel less congested.  Doug and I, and Mary, plan to get another vaccine before NOLA.  Well, not NOLA for Doug.

Mary and I texted about NOLA all evening.  It's really taking her mind off the sadness.

Cynthia, I coat tofu with cornstarch too.  Don't have an air fryer, but I like to just fry it in whatever sauce I feel like using.  Trader Joe's has several I like.  Jennie, if I was more ambitious, I would try that with the tofu.  But 3 days advance planning is beyond my cooking style (which is pretty basic.  Well, more than basic---lazy).  I've seen videos about the differences between frozen and not frozen tofu, and freezing it really makes it turn out great.  And no, it is NOT yucky!

Nutmeg and Carol, I'm so sorry you lost your friend Lily.

Caroline, how cool that you have a street party!

I like all those potential names, Nancy.  You're right, I think something will jump out at you---you have to meet her first.  Ooh, I like Luna too!

What did you do at the zoo, Jerilyn?  Pandas??  Oh, Wiki, Moms loooove to hug.  Angie would think I was strangling her too, but Kiva doesn't mind.

Ivy, you are coming along nicely!  And a private Wiki walk.  :heart

YAY for Chris' horse!

Thanks for the Carol update, Ducky.  I've been meaning to send another card.  I guess I'll wait a bit.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:coffee Goid morning!

Miss Chri’s horsie won! :yay   I guess AndiPants wuz so eggsited that she wuz partying too hard to say nitety-night!

Thank you for the update about Miss Noo Carol Miss Ducky!  We will wait to hear the address before we send another card.

We had a really skeery thunderstorm last night and Momma came downstairs to sit with me until it wuz over. :heart    She says that she thinks they should bring my crate upstairs again tonight so I can sleep in my ushual spot! :yay 

Habs a gud Sunnyday eberywon!

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

9 hours ago, jenners said:

Well, hmpf, I thought there were more of you here who were Friends of the Tofu and that my recipe, honed and adjusted over the years, to make it good for frying would be met with "Huzzah!"s ... butt no

It did sound good but I bought the tofu on Friday with plans to cook it on Sunday.  I shall be pressing today.  Yes, my recipe contains corn starch.  Many air fryer recipes, as well as tofu recipes call for it.

Nancy of the Berg, "porch sitting" is a time honored tradition and good for the soul.  We do a lot of it at Camp and Richard and I practiced it at Grapehounds. :nod

Ivy, of course you should be upstairs in the bosom of your family. :kiss2  Plusalso, do you want Cherry thinking she's the #1 houndie in the family?     You're such a good girlie do you need a crate at night?  I know you enjoy the solitude and safety of it. 

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

One more nice day before the rainy rains arrive   :coffee

Seize The Grey  :yay

A short light ride on PattyKake is in order before  :shop

Have a nice day :D

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

35 minutes ago, Mercsmom said:

Ivy, of course you should be upstairs in the bosom of your family. :kiss2  Plusalso, do you want Cherry thinking she's the #1 houndie in the family?     You're such a good girlie do you need a crate at night?  I know you enjoy the solitude and safety of it. 

Elizabeth, Ivy is usually free range at night and starts in her crate then moves to her bed, both are upstairs.  But her surgery instructions were for no stairs for 10-14 days and crate rest.  So we brought her crate downstairs and she has been sleeping peacefully there since her surgery with me checking on her during the night.  Last night’s thunderstorm scared her (being alone), so I sat with her (at 3 am) until it was over.  I decided she was ready to do stairs now since she is doing so well during the day so I am planning to move her crate back upstairs tonight and get her back to her regular bedtime routine.

• Like 2

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

On 9/20/2024 at 3:05 PM, Mercsmom said:

My brother has lived on Fort Hill (near Roxbury Crossing) for about 40 years in one of the row houses.  The area was sketchy for a long time but has been gentrified. 

I get it. Thanks ;)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

GUd Sunny Sunnyday! We hope all owr friendlies habs a gud one!

Ugh, we are having trouble getting on GT.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Updated on my butterflies but I haven't posted photos yet.

Carols home address, given with permission:

Carol Nioce
146 N. Garfield Ave.
Bonner Springs, KS 66012

Between Cecelia and neighbor Martin, they will make sure that Carol gets your letters and cards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Gino, I'm sorry about the toe chopping and screaming. :kiss2

Bitzi, did you werk the crowd at the street party and score some goodies? :chow  Nope!  You had the goodies delivered to you door! :yay

Ivy, I'm so glad you're healing well and getting special walkies wif Miss Kathy. :wub:
Cherry, you got Play Group!

Seize the Grey seized the day and won a BIG RACE! :confetti

Mister Doug is feeling a bit better. :yay  Miss Nancy ob the Burg and Miss Mary are focused on their NOLA trip, which will be a wonderful time for them bof. :kiss2

Yesterday was "fix the deck skirting that t eh wind blew off" and plant 5 deck flower pots wif pansies.  There are enough pansies left to plant the pots on the front porch butt Ma did knot hab enough energy to do that yesterday.  The coleus in those pots still looks nice so she'll plant later this week.  I helped! :D

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Anuther nice, almost perfekt day today.  Mite end up being a little warm, but we gots a nice breezing so that makes a differnce!!

I was just going to make my Goodnite postie when my tablit wented BLOOEY!!!  :yikes  It just turned off and wouldn't come back on, no matter what Momma did!!!  And by that time I was too lazy to dig out the lappertopper.  Plus also, Momma was monitoring the soshul meedias affer her horsie's big win cause EVERYBODY wanted to tiktik and make posties and show their pichers and stuff.  It was a very essiting day for alla the 2570 share owners!!  :lol  

Miss Ivy I think it's probly past time for you to be back upstairs and sleeping with your pack!!  :thumbs-up 

Antie Jennie, Momma says maybe you two are that much the same affer all!!!  :rofl  She *hates* towfoos!!!  :rofl 

Miss Nancy we glad Mister Doug is feeling some more better today!!  :yay  Getting your vakseens updated is a good idea!!

Mister Nate, we wanna see pichers of Miss Loosy's black pansies!!

Momma's got two more horsies running in racings today so I am getting kicked off.  Plus also, she wants to order PIZZA for us for luntsch!!  :chow  And read the Sunnyday paper.  And try and fix my tablit again!!

Wishings for a saintly Sunnyday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

It’s rainy Sunnyday! That’s OK, we ain’t had rainy rains in ages and everything is gettin brown and crispy. Bestly, we were able to get out for a propper Wiki walkie during a break.

The teknologee saga continoos. Mistress didn’t pay mutch attenshun yessirday to what was in boks from spektrum ontse she saw their app was down and today she was ready to try again. Then she realized they didn’t send her a noo wiffy, it was a noo modem. That was on the list to try so she went to set that up and the stoopid app didn’t werk again. :riphair So she calt and got it activated and toll em it was supposta be the wiffy. Since they forked up they’re sendin a teck wiff it tamarra. This is good noos cause the noo modem did not fix the werk lappertopper prollem. :crying What the heck happened to it from one day to the next?

Bitzi, pulled porkin sounds yummo!

Ivy, I’m glad you get to go upstairs for beddy tonite. You’re doing great!

Andipants, I’m not shore how you eatin a nachos made a horsie win a race but your mom seems reely hexcited bout it. :lol: The beeg question is – How mutch monies did she win?

Nate, you and your Ma did a lotta werk yessirday! Are you havin relaxin today?

Hmm, I guess there is a Packers game but we ain’t looked at it. We should go see who’s the quarterback today.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

2 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Andipants, I’m not shore how you eatin a nachos made a horsie win a race but your mom seems reely hexcited bout it

'Twas the GREYhounds eating nachos that made Seize the GREY win. :nod

Tofu pressing device:  :rofl

460935299_10162101129728910_8307093615523711329_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=P8aeOUNCjlAQ7kNvgE72U7d&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&_nc_gid=AJ8iT5NBBcqLpzOV9vTdB0k&oh=00_AYBW4GK1nIxmhb7mRsyRp9mphQgU7tisdWWsv_S26BtJ4Q&oe=66F644D0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

We habs had a busy busy day today!   Momma wuz ca1a20_9799f789a28a4671860d943190f19640~  and  ca1a20_105b9290d1ba4b45ae559ea0644c03d8~  and    ca1a20_716ea43092214c1abaf0ee1c4c60e84b~   and  ca1a20_57eb46cb4dfc4c018d9d682b17a3ccee~   Then Auntie Gwen came over and Momma and Daddy were celebrating her belated birthday with her cuz they were away on her real birthday.  So Momma made her a birthday brunch- quiche and fruit and salad and a big chocolate cake!  Plusalso Momma and Auntie Gwen were ca1a20_28c381e36e86453392bdb7f566ffd5ae~ 

Because ob all ob this they missed our afternoon Wiki Walkie. ^_^    So we did a pre-dinner Wiki Walkie instead. 

Thank you for gibing us Miss Noo Carol's address Miss Ducky.   Now we know she will get our cards!  

Momma is happy cuz the Eagles won today and Daddy is happy cuz the Packers won today!

Yay for Seize the Grey!  :confetti  :yay 

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png 

Antie Jennie, Momma says maybe you two are that much the same affer all!!!  :rofl  She *hates* towfoos!!!     Well, it's just one little thing ;)

Tofu pressing device:  There ya go!

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Miss Wiki, we sure know how frustrating those tekkie problems can be.  My tablit was d-e-d last nite, but this morning Momma did a force reboot and it comed on!  No reezin why it went away and no reezin why it comed back!  :dunno

I don't really care why my getting nachos helped a horsie win a race, but if she's stooperstishuss enuff to keep trying it, I can be big enuff to keep eating the nachos!!!  :chow

Oh yeah.  Momma's gonna earn some bikkie munnies.  But not for a while yet.  The race was worth 1 millyuns, of which the MRH share (after expenses) is about $54k.  Then, because they already have a contract with a farm for him to go be a daddy horsie, there's added incentives for each certain type of racing.  For yesterday, the "kicker" munnies are worth a extra 2 millyuns.  Mommas terrible at maths, but one way or anuther her MRH wallet is gonna get all filled up!!!  :lol

But not for, like three weeks, cause the horsie labs take way longer to get their bloodwork done than the houndie ones!!  Then the tracks gotta send the munnies to MRH, and then they gotta do a bunch calculations and magic and stuff, and THEN the shareholder will get their munnies.

Thanks for checking in with Miss Noo Carol's Friendlies Miss Ducky!!

Miss Caroline, your Phillies better beat those stoopid Mets tonite!!!! :shakefinger

Antie Jennie :kiss2

Miss Ivy, sounds like you all hadded a fun day!

Later Gaters!!

AP - waiting for my chew bone

Edited by greysmom

Miss Ducky thanks for Miss New Carol's address

Today Miss Kate brought over left over meatballs from last night's picnic

Chris Parx isnt far from me about 3 turnpike exits away.  That is great that your horse won.  Are you going to start wearing a fancy hat like other ladies at the track do ?

I couldnt watch the game tonight so I dont know If the Phillies won but last night they were a mess.

Ivy sweet girl rest well tonight upstaiirs

Bitzi off to dreamland

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

:wave from the Desk

Thanks for the NooCarol update.  I wonder if any of my cards actually made it to her?!

Sure hope Mistress gets her computer sorted out  :goodluck

And…Moonshine and her 5 buddies have made it to Vancouver this afternoon.  They are resting and will fly to Toronto tomorrow.  Then get driven to Ottawa on Tuesday morning :D

• Like 2

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Mam!!!  :yay

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

:coffee Good morning!

:yay The Aussie hounds made it to Vancouver!  :yay  They must be very tired!  Plusalso they have a way to go yet!

:yay Miss Chris won some bikkie monies! :yay 

I got to sleep in Momma and Daddy’s room last night.  Daddy had a restless night but I was still glad to be back where I belong.

Habs a gud Monday eberywon!

Ivy 

No :coffee   until I get home and have a :sleepy

Ivy is back upstairs with her pack :)

Yes, those hounds must be tired. 

We have another potential hurricane (Invest 97L) in the Gulf but the latest models have it going to the Panhandle.  Thank you, Carol Ann, for recommending Eric Burris in addition to Wayne Sallade.  I feel like I"m getting veterans' opinions rather than hype.  We should get wind an heavy rain around 2:16 Wednesday afternoon. ;)  Richard, of course, is beside himself. ca1a20_3431859cfa7b4d92956e608d062bf120~ Poor guy.  It must feel so awful to think you have no control over your life (after having the privilege of a White, Christian male all his life).

The air fried tofu was a success.  It was even crunchier when it cooled off which I found surprising. 

ca1a20_6cc2258b7cc64c2b940a809ffb71ed11~Happy birthday, Miss Halise!  ca1a20_fa793458e35c452f888dd9f83b683c8d~ca1a20_79d30e66a17646458a6c4e53e77c6954~

• Thanks 1

Happy Birthday Halise!  :bounce8

Elizabeth, are your storm shudders shutters all up?

Yay for a new black houndie heading to Mam! :yay

• Thanks 1

tiny hada siggy.png