WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

Miss Nancy, is Mister Doug doing that Paxlovid stuff??  It's hard being the voice of reezin, Momma says.  ;)

Hey!  Congrats from Momma Miss Caroline!!  Your Phillies are going to the baseball playoffs!!  It's looking more and more like Mommas Braves will NOT be!!  :lol

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Momma came to check on me during the night :heart  I wuz all curled up in my crate :nappy wifout that pesky drain in the way!

Oh Miss Nancy on the Burg, sending :grouphug

Today is playgroop day .  I can knot go, but Momma might take Cherry since she didn’t get to go last week either.

Happy Sattiday eberywon!

Ivy 

Edited by Potomacpupsmom
  • Like 1

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I'm so glad about Ivy's good news (once I understood it :rolleyes:). ca1a20_993b3ca1d3f84d2c9f7f904e335a4fa4~ca1a20_0085c122362b4f6c810d8bdabcd677c1~

Nancy of the Berg, do I remember you have a bit of a front stoop?  Could Doug sit outside and "watch the cars go by"?  Maybe seeing some people, from a distance, might perk him up a bit.  Just an idea.

Yesterday, I had the oddest craving for bok choy in fish sauce. :dunno  I did the :shop  and also got some firm tofu.  I'm going to try it in the air fryer tomorrow night.  (Sunday night cooking is "every man for himself" so I get to make things just for me.)  Has anyone pressed and air fired tofu?  Am I nuts for considering it?

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

23 minutes ago, Mercsmom said:

I'm going to try it in the air fryer tomorrow night.  (Sunday night cooking is "every man for himself" so I get to make things just for me.)  Has anyone pressed and air fired tofu?  Am I nuts for considering it?

I think its going to be a great idea, I might invite myself for supper! I am not a air fryer connoisseur but I do tofu quite regularly. You can try removing as much water as you can from it and coating it in cornstarch. I put cornstarch in everything I want crispy now and it does work some magic!

The crew is still sleeping (Frankie is here until Wednesday) and they will catch up later. I am so so glad to hear about Ivy's news!!!!

Nancy, it must be hard with Doug, but you are an angel for keeping him safe. I hope that nasty virus goes away reel kwik!

Miss Cynthia

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

:coffee  Heading into yet anther gorgeous fall day.   

Good news for Andi  :coastie        

Ivy had a good drainless night  :)

Poor Doug   :(      He does need to be extra cautious with his lung issues. Hope he feels better soon and you don’t get it. 

I’ll be off to ride.   Widget’s possible new part-boarder is having another lesson today. I have not met her yet…I don’t want her or her parents to feel nervous or anxious.  Hopefully I will have time to stay and watch some of it. CoachKate says she’s a lovely little rider and parents are up for all of the expenses. 

Kibo and Joshi are going to get their nails trimmed this aft.  One of the Techs at our Clinic is doing a fundraiser for her trips to spay-neuter clinics in Dominican.

Have a most excellent day    :D

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Belated happy birthday wishes, Nancy Mam!

I've barely caught up to the good news, difficult news, almost here new houndie.....I'll never catch up. Here's to a sunnier Sunday!

I haven't updated my caterpillar post but activity is slowing down. I have 17 nestled in their chrysalis, in the house perculating in a mesh habitat. If they don't "eclose" or hatch within a month then they will be overwintering in my fridge. Its better to have them chilling than outside in the North Carolina winters. We often have very mild, warm days that could cause them to eclose, only to find there are no flowers to feed on.

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Gud Satonday! I am goin for my Librela tuday, Mom will let dem know about mah corns.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Has anyone pressed and air fired tofu?  Am I nuts for considering it?      I have a way to get almost all of the moisture out of tofu and make it more amenable to being fried or airfried and easier to crisp. You have to plan ahead though! Here you go:

After research and tinkering, I’ve developed a way to make tofu chewy, firm, not mushy, and capable of frying up crisp. The key is getting the water out. Freezing changes the molecular structure of tofu, making it more porous and releasing the water within. More porous and drier tofu will absorb some oil as it’s fried and it will get crispy. You need 1 package (either 12, 14 or 16 oz.) of FIRM or EXTRA FIRM tofu. Not Silken tofu, and not the kind in a box; it should be in a plastic container with a bit of water or in a plastic envelope-type package.                        

Remove block of tofu from package and set on its side. With a long sharp knife, slice the block horizontally into 3 slabs. Set each slab on a piece of parchment paper or waxed paper and slide into a ziplock bag large enough to hold each slab flat and separate from the others. Squeeze out the air and lay the bag in your freezer. Freeze for at least 3 days or as long as you wish; it keeps frozen indefinitely. The morning of the day you plan to cook it, remove bag from freezer and set on a cookie sheet (metal conducts the cold away) to thaw. It will take several hours. Once it is completely thawed (there should be no frozen middle), remove the slabs from the bag and set each in your kitchen sink. Pressing very firmly on each slab with your hand, moving your hand all around the slab, press out as much water as possible. Amazing how much comes out! Press and turn the slabs until you’ve gotten as much water out as possible. Set slabs on a plate until ready to cook. Use as slabs or cut into the shapes you wish.

• Like 2

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

IT'S A BOY!

Photos in my butterfly post.

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

AndiPants, I gots bait on my breaf awaiting your news from the vet. :kiss2  ...  And the news is great!  Small changes butt no PRA diagnosis for you!  :yay 

Oh, no, Nutmeg and Miss RE Carol.  I'm so sad that your Greyhound friend Lily is gone.  :grouphug  He poor humans must be so heartbroken. :brokenheart  Fare thee well, Lily.

:confetti That Ivy's neck is drain-free!  Even better is that the pathology news is as good as possible! :yay  What joy for us here and for Miss Kathy and Mister Jim.

Wiki, I'm glad you and Mistress are habing a pretty good long weekend wif walkies and some fun.  I sure hope that the tech people at Mistress' werkjob and at the interweb provider can figure out what kinda weirdo problem is making it impossible for her to connect for werk.   Those weird mysteries are soooo difficult to sort out. :kiss2  Plus the PITA ob habing to set upa new laptop and now a new router.  Save that for after longe weekend. :D :nod

Miss Cindy, I'm impressed that your Dad is open to making some adjustments to his driving.  I hope he has a fun, safe time at the beach and does knot fall off his bike. :kiss2 
I'm sorry you're about to hab a period ob enforced inactivity.  Horrid for someone who thrives on exercise and walking and such as you do. :kiss2

Moonshine's flight is scheduled!  :yay I hope she arrives safe and sound and happy, Mam. 
Those kids and their ponies are adorable. :wub:

FancyToo get a visit from her Daddy! :yay

Miss Nancy ob the Burg, I hope you don't develop that COVID and that Mister Doug settles down until her recovers. You're so right knot to take any ob this lightly. :grouphug   :kiss2 for Miss Mary

Widget may get a new kidlet! 

Miz Ducky is a budderfly Mom!  :bounce1

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Nutmeg I am sorry your friend Lily has crossed.  GIve her mom a hug from me.

IVy how nice you had a drain free night.  By now Cherry has been to playgroup & back home.  I hope she had a good time.

AndiPants  I am glad to hear you got good news from the vet about your eyes, NO PRA :clap

Chris after Thursday's game mom was wondering but they pulled it off last night. THey still have a L O N G way to go.

Our street is blocked off from traffic.  We are having our yearly party. This year's party is just from noon to 7. In the past  there were bands & it went on until late at night.  From 2020 to2022 we had none.  

Everybody enjoy the day 

Bitzi 

Edited by sabrina
  • Like 1

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

2 hours ago, jenners said:

Has anyone pressed and air fired tofu?  Am I nuts for considering it?      I have a way to get almost all of the moisture out of tofu and make it more amenable to being fried or airfried and easier to crisp. You have to plan ahead though! Here you go:

After research and tinkering, I’ve developed a way to make tofu chewy, firm, not mushy, and capable of frying up crisp. The key is getting the water out. Freezing changes the molecular structure of tofu, making it more porous and releasing the water within. More porous and drier tofu will absorb some oil as it’s fried and it will get crispy. You need 1 package (either 12, 14 or 16 oz.) of FIRM or EXTRA FIRM tofu. Not Silken tofu, and not the kind in a box; it should be in a plastic container with a bit of water or in a plastic envelope-type package.                        

Remove block of tofu from package and set on its side. With a long sharp knife, slice the block horizontally into 3 slabs. Set each slab on a piece of parchment paper or waxed paper and slide into a ziplock bag large enough to hold each slab flat and separate from the others. Squeeze out the air and lay the bag in your freezer. Freeze for at least 3 days or as long as you wish; it keeps frozen indefinitely. The morning of the day you plan to cook it, remove bag from freezer and set on a cookie sheet (metal conducts the cold away) to thaw. It will take several hours. Once it is completely thawed (there should be no frozen middle), remove the slabs from the bag and set each in your kitchen sink. Pressing very firmly on each slab with your hand, moving your hand all around the slab, press out as much water as possible. Amazing how much comes out! Press and turn the slabs until you’ve gotten as much water out as possible. Set slabs on a plate until ready to cook. Use as slabs or cut into the shapes you wish.

That sounds like a lot of work for tofu :lol  I prefer tempeh, I hadn’t thought to do it in the air fryer, I bet it would be good!

Hello my Friendlies!!

Mostly sunnings today - zactly the same as yesserday!!  Which was almost perfekt!!!  Middle 70s, lite breezing, couppla fluffy cloudings - ni-i-i-i-ice!!!!  :thumbs-up 

Miss Nutmeg, I am sorry I have been remissed in not expressing our condolenses on the loss of your friendlie Miss Lily.  :bighug 

We agree here that it sounds like a lot of work for yukky tofoo!!!  :puke  

Miss Ivy it makes us happy to hear that you are doing so good!!  We hope that Miss Cherry got to go bark at play groop so she could get some of her nottinesses out away from home!!!  ;) 

Good luck with getting your shot Mister Gino!!

Miss Lizabeth, we were innerested to hear how Mister Richard and Mister Jupiter did whilst you were on vaycayshun??

Miss Bitzi are you gonna get to go to the party or just lissen from afar??

Mam it sounds like Mister Widget Ponee has been having some nice kidlets to teach how to ride!!  :nod  Momma thinks you should name your new houndie Clair - like Clair de Lune, which means moonlight in Frensch!  ;)   Tho maybe she already knows herown name???  :dunno  

Miss Nancy, you just keep being careful!!  :shakefinger  Neether Momma or Daddy has gotted the Covids yet and they are trying to keep their No-vids status intact!!  ;) 

Miss Ducky we have been chekking into your butterfly thread so we will go see it next!!  :D 

Today is all about the horse racing around here.  Momma's horse that wonned the Preakness - Seize the Grey - is running in a big racing in the Pennsylvania Derby this affernoon, so she's all nervuss now and hoping he wins and doesn't get hurted or nuthing. 

I am still pretty stired out from my docter viziting yesserday.  I'm hoping if I look pathetikal enuff Momma will give me a tako that she's gonna make today!!!  :chow 

Wishings for a superior Satidday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

That sounds like a lot of work for tofu     Ah, but to have CRISPY tofu makes it totally worth it :chow

We agree here that it sounds like a lot of work for yukky tofoo!!!     :weep I lubs tofu

Miss Jennie

• Like 1

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

I have never had tofu.  Not really planning on it, either. ;)

Patty and I had a fabulous ride this morning.  Finally my canter is coming along.  Right is downright good and the left has improved in leaps and bounds  :D

I didn’t want to be late for the dogs nail-trim fundraiser so I did knot end up staying to watch Widgets new kidlet.  

His current kidlet was there helping her beeg sister do chores and BoyHowdy, was she ever lurking around his stall.  In and out and talking to him and brushing him.  I guess she’s a wee bit jealous that now she’s gotta share TheWidge with someone else :(    Fact is, horses are expensive and her ‘rents are paying for half Widget expenses.   They are just ordinary people.  PlusAlso her beeg sister has an old retired horse there and she also share boards/shows one of Kates horses :o    The beeg sister does do lottsa chores every weekend to work much of it off.

Hmmmm.  As far as names for the Moonshine hound, I do knot know if I can find out what her Australian kennel name was.  Surely they did knot call her Moonshine  That is just tooooo long!   I like short, easy to say names.  My current choices are Dory (from the Australian based movie ‘Finding Nemo’), Nora, Zora or Mia.  I am hoping one of these just leaps out at me the second that I see her.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

A card I mailed to Carol on Sept 6 that was addressed to the Select Specialty Hospital was returned. that was right about when she was being transferred to the current place. I will be remailing it after I confirm with her friend Cecelia what the current location is. Anyone else have your mail returned?

As far as I know right now it is still this place, but let me double check before you send anything out.

Providence Medical Center
8929 Parallel Parkway
Kansas City, KS 66112
Attn: Carol Nioce, patient    

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky my card to Miss new Carol hasnt been returned.  Remember her friend said she was asking for her phone & computer.If you get in touch with the friend please ask her if she know Carol has her computer ?

• Like 1

I have sent 3 cards…to 3 different locations.  The latest location I just sent late last week so it’s likely still in transit.  

None have been returned but maybe the USPS wouldn’t bother sending them back here. 

Today is day 11 or mayhaps 12 of temperchoors over 80. :wow But it should be the lass one. They say rainy rains is comin then nice cool weathers.

We were on a strikt shedoole this mornink. Mistress hadda be to the zoo by 8:45 of the AM. It’s bout a 22 minit drive then long walk to the back of the zoo by the red pandas so she hadda leaf the house by 8:15. Due to werk from home we are not used to havin to hurry in the mornink.  I got a good Wiki walkie but then was in the wire boks for 4 hours. But Mistress had a nice time wiff red pandas and zoo friends.

She was gonna set up the noo wiffy router and went to the app as instructed and hadda upgrade the app, then the app said it had an outage so she couldn’t set the thin up now. :riphair This whole sityouayshun is one prollem affer anodder. :bugeye She can reliably connect to the werk lappertopper wiff the hotspot so she can werk. There is a beautifool noo offish bout 7 miles down the hiway. She was supposta werk there but it opened in the height of the pandemic lockdowns so it was empty then I came to live here and I can’t be left alone for 8 hours so Mistress is werk from home wiff leddle other optshun.

Miss Lizabeth, my Mistress strangles, I mean hugs, me alla time. I let her cause it make her happy but I always do a beeg shake affer like, “get off me, lady”. :lol:

Andipants, I’m so glad you got a good report on your eyeballs! :yay That exam sounds like no fun tho.

Bitzi, do you get to go to the block party? That sounds like a event where a houndie could get sum pets and hamburglers.

Awww, everybuddy lubs Widget!

We gots a friendly comin over wiff a bottle of wine tonite so I bedder shove Mistress in the shower.

Wiki  :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

2 hours ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Surely they did knot call her Moonshine  That is just tooooo long!   I like short, easy to say names.

If you like the "moon" concept, there's always Luna.

• Like 2

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

WELL! I got my Librela and a bunch ob odder pokes. Plus dey choppped my toes and made me scream. Mom hates hearin dat, it makes herbs sad. But I got a gud cookie when I gotted home.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Mom remembered the time wrong the partyis from 3 to 10pm. .  We are having dinner at home. Mom is , I already ate.  We might stop by & mingle. Mom will mingle , I plan to score some food.   The Penn State game started at 3:30 & they have already told the 100,000 people they are  under a thurnderstom warning & the game could be delayed. The Phillies game starts at 4pm.   the party is right out front of our house as it is the middle of the block.

Gino let us know how your Librela shot went.

Ok back to the sports TV

Bitzi 

I habs had a quiet day today cuz I am on something on crate rest.   Cherry went to playgroop wif Momma and Daddy and there were only three houndies there!  It wuz a fawn party wif Cherry, Jack and Swift.   She sed that they did knot run at all, just sniffed around.  Then they got petted by hoomans.     When they came home, Momma gabe us Frosty Paws, and then Momma and Daddy went :shop    Then after Momma put eberything away, she took me on my own private Wiki Walkie!   We did knot walk far, but it wuz nice to habs Momma all to myownself!  She sed that, after Monday, I can be out and about more since it will be 10 days after my surghurry.   She says my neck and my leg look really gud!

Miss Elizabeth, Luna is a nice name for a Moondoggie!

Bitzi, did you score any fuds??

Wiki, did your Momma habs fun wif the Red Pandas?   

Gino, did the tortunarian gibs you treets after your Librela shot?    At least you got a gud cookie at home after all you went thru!

I habs to pesto Momma to send another card to Miss Noo Carol.   I hope she got the card wif our pikkies in it!   Miss Ducky, did her frend say anything about that?

Momma and Daddy are going to take us out for our nighttime potty Wiki Walkie before the rain starts!    Habs a gud night eberywon!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png  

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Well we didnt go to the picnic , It was right outside our front door on the street .  miss Kate brought us a platter pulled pork , sauerkraut &  dessert. Mom gave me some pulled pork & said I could have the rest tomorrow. She ate the kraut She didnt eat the dessert either. 

Miss CHris how did your horse do today ?

I hope everyone has a good night's sleep

Bitzi