WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

4 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Gud Sunny Toesday! Hopefully doez a/c guys will come and go quickly.

Mizz Ducky, did yooo habs a quiet nite? No one tinkled in da howse?

No tinkle found this morning! NoAh really can hold it in on rainy days. Flashy and Howie went out during a slight but still drippy lull. I think we got 3" with winds gusting 35-45. I'm seeing some patches of blue sky opening up.

About 90 minutes south of me the town of Southport on the NC coast got hit hard. 5" of rain per hour for a total of 19". Two bridges to the town were wiped out. Deep flooding came so quickly along Hwy 17 (four-lane divided highway) that people have been stuck since 11am yesterday. It should be draining now, but many live in Southport and still won't be able to get back home.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

AndiPants, you're so kind to send healing hopes for Ma's back.  It is indeed much better butt since it got re-injured she's just being extra careful.  It's still just a tiny bit "twingy". She's slowing, one at a time, adding exercises that use her lower back.  So far, nothing's made it worse. :yay  She's still going to the gym on her own during class time and werking wif the trainer.
I'm trying to decide what do to about chiropractic care and awaiting advice from my PCP, who is an OD (osteopathic medical school) rather than an MD, so he should be able to give solid advice.  I had a chiropractic eval including x-rays and that generated a treatment plan that quite extensive and costly.  I'm OK doing it butt want to make sure it's safe and actually likely to be beneficial, so waiting for my family doctor to call back...

AP, I sure hear Miss Chris about the foot dragging about taking on those big, challenging projects.  I'm OK wif them, butt Ma and Auntie Ann knot so much. :D
I hope your eyeball appointment goes well and give you and Miss Chris the info needed to decide on the best plan. :kiss2

I'm glad the storm bypassed you, Gino.  Sorry about the AC repair though.  Money and irritation. :kiss2

Mam, I'm glad and excited that you may hab some news soon. :D

Wiki, sometimes we houndies just gotta express owrselves. :blush
How frustrating for Mistress that there is somefing wrong wif her werk laptop butt the werk help desk would rather blame anything else. <_<

Fizzie, what a beautiful walking/hiking trail you had for your long walk yesterday!  :wow I'm glad those noisy whippersnappers ( :wave Nutmeg!) aren't unnerving you anymore wif their rambunctious and noisy play.  It's great that they have each other to take it all out on! :yay

Miss Patsy, I'm so glad you enjoyed the visit to the Shore and wif friends, even though you could see the changes wrought by Time. :kiss2  I'm sure the memorial fro you old boss and friend will be an emotional time butt heartening to see the evidence ob the many lives he touched. :grouphug

I'm so glad that news for Ivy is positive and that the drain might get removed!  :yay

We got rain upon rain through the night and it's still gloomy and threatening today.  Ma, of course, has to make an errand running trip. :lol:

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Nate, we hope da gLOOmeez go away. Mama sez dat da wedder can't be helping yur mama's back.  Mama sez dat she iz getting like her own grandmama who cud preedict da wedder by how her body feels.  Doze HOOmans!

Ivy...keep getting all better!

LOOpin!  Yu are getting HULLED???  Dat duz KNOT sownd like fun.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Mostly cloudings today tho the teevee mens have pushed the showerings back to this affernoon instead of this morning.  But it's gonna be cloudings all day.

Miss Kathy we sure hope that Miss Ivy can get that draining out today instead of tamarrow!!!  I gess, I thotted that Miss Cherry was already home????  :dunno  Tho having her stay with the sitter was probly a good thing the way it turned out.  I bet she will be happy to be home too!!

Miss Ducky we sawed about the flooding and rainings over there by you on the teevee.  :eek  I don't mind going o-u-t in the rainings like some houndies, but I do NOT like the really strong windy winds cause then we mite have branches coming down all over!!  :eek  

Miss Patsy  :kiss2 

Mam!!!  :lol  Momma would fall over d-e-d doing just ONE of your days!!!  :lol  

Mister Nate we are always hoping alla the Mommas of our friendlies will be feeling good and have happinesses cause then they are happy and do fun stuff with our Friendlies!!!  :D  But we are also glad to hear that Miss Loosy is feeling some more betterer, even if it is going slow.  

Miss Wiki we hope Miss Jerilyn gets her ishoo fixed with her work lappertopper.  Has she tried turning it off and on???  ;) 

Miss FancyToo, is your Daddy gonna be home for the winter now???  I bet you'll like getting your brekkie cooked for you every morning!!  :chow 

Mister Lupin, is your Momma trying to stikk your foot in a bowl of waters for soaking???  Cause there's probly more betterer ways.  Lotsa peeples use, like a warshing cloff or small peese of other cloff, then soak it in the epsom salts waters and lightly wring it out, then wrap it around the foot with the corning and secure with like a sokk or some vet wrap, then put a plastikal bag around that and secure.  It's probly not all that comfy, but it's easier than soaking in a bowl!!  Momma uses a "dental root elevator" size 4 that she gotted from the Amazon to do the hulling.

Momma's gotta run errinds today too.  She's gotta go to our vets AND to Costco to pikk up scriptshuns for Flizzie.  Then go to the post offiss to mail a pakkige.  Then go pikk up luntsch at Mikky Dees!!  :chow  Hopefully before the rainings start.  Then she's gotta come home and put out the garbige.  That's gonna be a big day for her!!!  :rofl 

Wishings for a terrifikal Toozday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Andi,  Daddy still habz to wurk da gate in da morning an da nites at da Meadow Lanz....  but he iz coming home dis weekend on accounta mamas leetle cuzin iz getting marreed an since deer iz no racing Sunday, he juss habz to take wun nite off - Saturday.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Lucy, go for the chiropractor appointment! If insurance isn't covering it ask for optional plans. I was never asked to sign a contract and never would sign one. Since the chiro did your xrays they likely wouldn't let you check them out (or burn them on a disk) if they thought you would go to a different chiropractor. The trick to get around that is to say that your doctor wants to review the images, not just a written report.  ;)

Many of them push the expensive treatment plans, especially if you have insurance and are allowed x number of visits. Others (ambulance chasers) also push them for those injured in accidents that were someone else's fault. Too many are ambulance chasers as we'd see their employees picking up films or CD images, especially after weekends. Those girls hate that task and were open about what their bosses were doing.

I found my current chiropractor as a referral from my previous one who was about to retire. I found the one before him as I was finishing up xray school and hadn't yet moved to my current town. The one while I was in school one gave me "the talk" about getting regular adjustments, and not just when I was hurty, bent, and spasming. When I told him I couldn't afford it because I had no insurance he said, "I'll make you a deal. I will do your adjustments for the next year until you graduate. When you get a job you can begin to pay me back at no interest." And I did.

Each of these chiropractors were independent. The multi-chain, multi chiropractor offices are the ones to avoid.

Plus I learned to never use a heating pad, just ice. Now I go only every 1-2 months as maintenance, a single visit only unless I need a follow up in a week. Currently an adjustment costs $50 with no insurance.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Dese a/c guys are taking way too long, can we help it iffn diz place wuz built for ants?

I mite let Mom put sum cream on my peets, but she'll habs to be quik-quik.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Absolutely, it iz critical dat if yu are gowing to allow dem to do anyfing to yur peets, dey muss be qwick abowt it.

:wave    From The Inn. Knot too bizzy today.  All he!! brakes loose tomorrow.

Hope Ivy got her drain out today and that Cherry can finally come home  :goodluck

Love my Chiropractor.  I go every other Monday. Worth every penny of the $48 visits.  I credit her with keeping me able to ride.  She has a lot of horse rider patients. 

Loved my cycling class again today.  It is knot a true Spin class.  It is a cardio class.  And the bikes are not for use on other days.  

I may check out one of the less expensive fitness clubs over the winter as I really love it and would like to do it more than once a week.  I will be able to ride my real bike more once Im done here at the Inn.   

I am sorry to be :ph34r  but the arrival of a new Australian hound is up in the air.  Actually, it is knot up in the air!   Flights from Australia were messed up now due to that probable Air Canada strike.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh Nancy Mam, I'm sorry to hear the Australian hound is grounded.   I hope things get cleared up soon!

Cherry is home!   She had a good time at Bonnie's house but is glad to be home.    

Ivy's drain is still in, she goes back on Friday to have it removed.   The vet was really pleased with her progress.  Her drainage has decreased significantly and her clotting factors are good.   She still wants Ivy to have the Amicar CVS didn't send it to the local pharmacy yet and the pharmacist wasn't sure why except for the cost.    The Vet found a coupon through Good RX to be able to purchase it at $65.00 !!!!!!   She gave me a special code to use at the pharmacy.  So I will head back there tomorrow morning ( I always go around 6am for no lines!) and will be able to work with the same pharmacist that was helping me before.  

It's raining tonight and tomorrow and then it will clear up and be nice again!

Kathy

• Like 4

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Now, Cherry, be a gud sister and keep da Mayhem to da minimum.

Dear Air Canada, yoo stink and ebberyone knows it. Yoo make Ryanair luk competent. :P

Dat a/c guy IZ STILL HERE. Mom iz abowt to lose da last bit ob herbs sanity. Dey tukk a long break midday, den da helper left. Along wibs da speakerphone calls. :riphair

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

Good Rx can be a godsend. I use it as my insurance has a high deductible.

My trip has been an amalgam of family, reminiscences, and alone time. Lovely.  I had a long conversation (albeit one sided) with my dead brother at Camp. I had a short convo with my parents’ grave this morning and lunch with my girl cousin. It’s all good.

• Like 2

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Hello me freends!

I thot dat da Air Canada strike looming wuz ober!

I yam knot staying long as momma-bear iz studying and she juss went up to git a muffin. Butt I wantid yoo to know I made peace wiff Frankie eben thot he dug in my sandbox and got all da precious sand owt! Him is best freend wiff Zorro del galgo and now dem plotting against me!

460204866_10164237068094478_251390725310

Frankie iz in me spot...

CHARLIE! I need the computer!

Gotta go!

YoorfrendCharlie!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Ivy glad the vet gave you a good report & you are mending, Cherry glad you are home. Now how about you Miss Kathy ?  :bighugto all 3 of you..

Ducky & Vanessa the news showed all the rain you nedk of the woods got ,  I am glad it didnt get you.

It was a boring day around here, did nothing

I am off to bed & mom is watching the Phillies

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

HE's GONE! Finally abowt da time Mom had herbs dinner ready. Hopefully diz iz da end ob it, iffn she can't change da filter herbsownsefl, dey will come and do it.

Charlie, kick sand on himz wibs yer hind legs. :D

Thanks for the hugs guys. I really appreciate them. The visitation this evening was truly old home week and it was marvelous to see so many folks (some of which I hadn't seen in 30+ years) and to share hugs and stories. Evidently I don't look all that different so folks had no problem ID'ing me.  Very nourishing.  The service itself is tomorrow at 11:00 and I anticipate there may be more old home week. 🥰

Stay safe and dry out there please. 

• Like 3

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

Patsy :grouphug 

we are going to have a rainy day today, not good for Wiki Walkies!

I’m heading to CVS early before the crowds at the prescription area to get the Amicar issue settled with my new coupon from the vet.  Hopefully this will work! :goodluck

Kathy 

• Like 1

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I’m waiting for the motel coffee service to begin at 7:00. :coffee  :whisper Not that I didn’t make room coffee but I figure that’ll be my official start to the day. Supposedly, they have “breakfast “ but I’m betting it’s the packaged “pastries” that you’d buy at a close out store. No thanks. I have half a leftover bagel from yesterday. 
Patsy, there are rough ways to travel but gleaning all the love and hominess you can makes it easier.

I swear, this trip is all about death (off to work in the cemetery at 8), but it’s not the least morbid.

Charlie, should I worry for your safety with houndies ganging up on you?  I concur with kicking sand on anyone who’s bothering you.

It’s so good to hear of Ivy’s continuing recovery. When are we expecting the biopsy results?

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

I went to the pharmacy to pick up Ivy's aminocaproic acid (amicar).   With the extra coupon that the vet gave me, I got the 21 amicar pills for $46.13!!!!!    Soooo much better than the original $400+++++   price tag!

Elizabeth, the biopsy/staging results will be back in about 7-10 days.

• Like 3

Foggy with a super full moon  :coffee

Glad Cherry is finally home!    Wowzer!  What good deal!   

Lukit Charlie, sharing his sandbox.  Now, play nice! :)

Air Canadian strike is done but I think so many people cancelled flights in anticipation of the strike, they are trying to catchup. Can’t just throw 7 crates of houndies on any old flight! 

I’ll be off to ride. Then to the Desk for the afternoon.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Gud hotansunnee morning frendz. We do KNOT know wat the wether doing frum day to day! Tuday hot, yesserday sunnee but wivva chilllee wind and Sunneday it waz hothot agen wiv no wind. Awl lasst week it bin chillee.

Charlie, hav yu fownd ennee nyoo treshurz in yur sand box?

Keep getting betta Ivy. Sowndz lyke a greyt deel yu gottid fower the meddysins Miss. Kaffy.

Ref. Whippersnapperz playing, Mum sez wen ower Rolo played wivva Eytalyan Greythowndee in ower living room, there waz lotsa noyse, speshullee wiv Chester dancing arownd the edge, joyning in frum a distance by barking “Go on Rolo, get him!” KNOT a howndee evva gottid hurt!

Yesserday we hadda waak inna forrist wiv ower frend Molly. Her beeg sisser Lily was limping affer being aksidentally knocked by Molly so she stay at howme. She getting a bit wobbly.

nutmeg, wayting fower luntch. AR YU LISSNING MUM ?

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Bitzi, do yu watch da games wif yur mama?  Ah do KNOT find dem eggsiting, but ah figure sumtimes hoomans eets wen dey watch stuff like dat an sumtimes da stuff dey eets iz da kind ub fuds dat falls on da floor!

Nutmeg, ah hopes she heers yu!  

Oh, Charlie - how nice ub yu to share da sandboggz!

GUd Sunny Woesday! We saw a leetle chunk outta da full moon last nite, did ennyone catch moar?

Da a/c seems to be werkin rite. we shall see...

Good gravy, Gino.  Those AC guys act like they wanna move in. :angry:  I hope they get the repair made PDQ. :nod

Miss Elizabeth, I'm glad you are enjoying time wif fambily and time on your own. :kiss2  Be careful and wear your hazmat suit whilst werking at the famibly cemetery.

Charlie, that is a seriously great sand box. :wow  It really is big enough for 2 houndies.  I'm glad Frankie and you are able to share it. 

Ivy, I'm so glad that you are getting less drainage now and that the vet is pleased wif how you're doing.  :yay for a good deal on the Amicar!

Nutmeg, your changeable weather sounds like what we get here in the Southern part ob the US.  It can be cccoold and hottt in the same day.  I'm ready for things to settle into fall and stop revisiting summer!  Did you eber get your lunch?

FancyToo gets snacks during feetsball games!  :chow

Gino, I'm glad the AC seems to be werking. :yay  At last. We so wanted to see the moon butt it was too cloudy here to see eben a hint ob moonshine. <_<  It's still gloomy here, though it seems to hab stopped raining, at least for now.

Miz Ducky, hab you all survived the storm?  :Kiss2

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.