WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

Hello my Friendlies!!

Cloudings and very very windy today so far.  We mite have some clearings OR we mite have some showerings.  Nobody seems to know!!  :dunno  

Here's Momma, Miss Ducky, just to get it out of the way:  
If it was a fungus/rust you need to discard all the fallen leaves and the plant AND the dirt in the garbage.  Do not reuse the dirt and don't compost the plant parts.  Neem *can* be used as a fungicide, but something like Copper or horticultural spray might have worked better.  For the caterpillars on your potatoes get a spray called BT and follow the instructions on the label.  This doesn't kill the pests directly, but goes into the plant material, and when the pest eats the plant it causes them to die.  You want to get ahead of this asap because those buggers can move to other plants and destroy them too.

OK.  Gardening lessins are now closed!!!  :modstop

Miss Ivy, we're sorry your Daddy had a bad nite!!  Here's hoping everybody can get some nappings in today!!  :nod 

Misssss Dr Robin, is that house in Kentukky really off the table now??  Did they or you stop the sale??  Are you still looking for a property down there??

Miss Wiki that was a real nice meeting up you hadded this morning!!  I like exploring new places like garages too!!  ;)  Miss Jerilyn is gonna get to play with possims!!!  :D   Plus also, you and me are a lot alike in some things.  I like to follow Momma all over the yard when we are outside cause she *mite* do something fun, like get out the loor pole for me!!  But she's ushually just pottering about and doing chorings and stuff.  I still gotta stay rite where I can see her at all times!!  And stand in her way alla the other times!!!  :lol 

Miss Noo Carol, we gots two baffings for those birdies, but they are boff really old cause Momma gotted them from her Gram and Momma years ago and they don't hold waders very good cause the seement is all leaky.  She's got some spray stuff to make it wadertite tho I'm not sure when that's gonna get done!!  :lol  

Mam do you think your foot is really broked???  :eek  Probly wearing flippy floppings is not the best idea, but nothing stops you!!!  ;) 

Miss Lizabeth, we are very glad you have founded a groop that helps you and gives you supportings really good!!  :thumbs-up 

Our housecleaners are coming for the sekind time tamarrow, so Momma's gotta clean the house first!!!  :rofl  Just in some places, but still!!!  :lol  And finish drying some lawndries since it's cooler today.  

Wishings for a whimsical Windsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Lucy, it was orange mold fungus not orange peel. Chris, thanks for the tips. I've already taken all parts of the plant to the curb for yard waste pickup. I'll look into those products you suggested.

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky.  Put it in the garbage, if you can.  Otherwise it will infect everything it's composted with at the yard debris collection.

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

5 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Then when we came home I conned my Mistress oudda her yogurt by breathing my hot dog breath on the back of her arm. :P

Don't tell Jupiter this but hot dog breath on the arm is highly effective. :nod

My afternoon meetings were: 4:00 family meeting to sort ourselves out about the Camp/lawyer meeting.  The 4:30 meeting was with the lawyer.  Then, we did a social/calm down/closure meeting.  I had planned n advance and had started a pot roast in the Instant Pot.  In between meetings, I tossed in the vegetables I'd cut up the night before.  After the meetings I had a rare-midweek glass of wine and just served up the contents of the Instant Pot.

Kathy, I know there are lots of support groups for those dealing with memory issues.  You can start with your insurance provider or even Psychology Today.  Please, please look into it.  While I'm sitting in my meetings whining and whinging about my inconveniences, I think about the ladies dealing with memory issues and know I have it easy.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

:wave

Miss O!C Nancy, I hoped you would enjoy the book.  Sorry that you got stepped on, but happy that PattyKake keeps improving.

Nate, the baff brush is to wash myownself. I'm hoping it makes reaching my back a lot easier without raising my arms a lot or using a lot of motion, which makes me really short of breath. 

Wiki, yes robins are enthusiastic bathers who use a lot of water.  I love watching them.  What little water that is left in the bath is usually just right for the teeny little wrens that also bathe there.  They don't like for the water to be too deep!

Our temps are much cooler today and the humids don't seem to be as bad.  The weatherman says it's a relief after a week of being hot enough to boil steel.  :rotfl     We had a storm move through early in the morning with a big gust of wind and some heavy rain but it didn't do damage in our town.  More storms forecast for Friday night.  

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. about my cousin.  He was a nice man, a good father, and a sympathetic pastor whom everyone loved.  He did indeed try to make the world a better, kinder place, and did it with humor.  

Obituary for William Joe Joseph Bullock at Harman-Rohde Funeral HomeObituary | William Joe Joseph Bullock | Harman-Rohde Funeral Home (harmanrohde.com)

Oops -- forgot the obit link.

Edited by ScootersMom
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Miss Noo Carol

:(    NooCarol.   It sounds like your cousin lived a fulfilling life.  

Jerilyn gets to help socialize some little possums  :)

Hope Jim had a good day :goodluck

Cindy!  We need more pictures of Fizzer  :rules            Our Ruby had that same pretty dark face and ears when she first came to us.

Sorry Sherrie - no advice on how to get Tiller in and out of the car.  Maybe you need a helper.

Ducky's booboos are healing up nicely and PT is helping.  Hope your plants can do the same.

We had a lovely paddle today.  Followed by the worst - and most expensive - sweet potato fries ever  :blink:   This is a new chip truck for us.  Live & Learn.

There were two Robins bathing in the river when we left.  So adorable!.

Here is my poor foot from this morning after I rode.   Still very ouchy.  Might have broken something   :dunno

449259576_10231412333832437_6932260673581276990_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=127cfc&_nc_ohc=eVFu7WyEaXQQ7kNvgEmYZWX&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=00_AYA5Ppt-0wbFCXjQa92dTgAzaEoK4WUp4JC9WAeATPOGHg&oe=668289AB

Can't wear my heavy Ariat barn boots but my little Blundstone boots don't feel too bad and I rode - and paddled -  in them this morning.  I decided flipflops were not a good idea.  My runners also seem OK.  Barefoot seems best of all.  Wonder if I can get away with that in the Shack tomorrow.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Possums!!!!!   Skreeeee!!!!!!   I'm jealous!  I love their little ears and their big dark eyes and their needle noses.  Not so fond of the naked tail, but hey, you can't have everything.  

Miss Kathy, I hope Misser Jim is doing better tonight. 

Miss Nancy, that foot looks hurty.  Hope there are no little bones broken!

Off to find some supper, think I'll close my eyes, grab a box from the freezer, and take what I get!

Miss Noo Carol, living dangerously tonight!

• Haha 1

Miss Noo Carol

4 hours ago, greysmom said:

Ducky.  Put it in the garbage, if you can.  Otherwise it will infect everything it's composted with at the yard debris collection.

The city just dumps it in another area of the dump. They no longer have a composting section.

• Like 1

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Miss New Carol I am sorry your cousin has passed. It sounds like he led a good full life.

Mam are you going to have that foot xrayed ?

Today wasnt so yucky & I did get  a sun bath

Mom went shopping at CostMore so now we are all stock up.

Sleep well ,  Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Miss Noo Carol, your Unka sounds like he was a good persin for a hoomin dood!

Mam!!!!!  :yikes

Miss Lizabeth, we're really glad you found some supportings!  And Miss Kathy would probly like some too!  Momma has a more cashuall groop that helps her out made up of her bruther and SIL, and the naybers, and some other singing friendlies..

OMG!!!  YOU GUYS!!  I, LIKE, TOTALLY FURGOTTED!!!  I almost cotted a stoopid skwerril throo the winnow yesserday!!!  :yikes You know my couch gotted moved unner the winnow where the cold air box lives when Momma moved everything around in Novemmer.  Well!  Yesserday, I was at the opposite end of the room getting some pets from Momma, and I HEARD the skwerril!!!  It was sitting on the outside of the cold air box looking at ME throo the winnow!!! So I jumped offa Momma's lap and ran and jumped on my couch trying to get that skwerril!  :bugeye I think Momma was afraid I'd go right throo the glass to get that little $&÷8÷&$,%* skwerril!!  :lol  But I'm too smart for that!!!  ;)

Momma gotted some stuff done AND got a little nap in!  ;) Now she's watching baseballs and me and Flizzie are napping affer dinner and before our post dinner chew bone.

Later Gaters!!

AP - skwerril chaser

Daddy started the day out really well, but as the day goes on he gets tired he starts sounding confuzzled. :cry1 

We are supposed to get thunderboomers tonight!  Momma says we really need the rain.

Momma is really :twd:right now so she is going to :nappy  Daddy is already :nappy 

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Me Nan got herbs hands on annuder kitten, it iz sick and habs a nasty fing called a warble! :puke One ob da original four did nawt make it, and den she lost da oldest kitteh ob da entire clowder, so she iz up two kittehs.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Mister Gino, your Nan gots a big heart!  :kiss2 

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants

:coffee Good morning!

Aww, I hope that kitteh is OK!  I habs never heard ob a warble. :dunno 

Daddy had a leetle better night last night! :yay 

Habs a gud day eberywon!

• Like 1

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

9 hours ago, greysmom said:

I almost cotted a stoopid skwerril throo the winnow yesserday!!!

My Goodness, Andi!  Almost catching a squirrel through a window! :wow  That takes talent. :nod

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Gorgeous 14C    :coffee

I’m glad that Jim had a better night and hope he has a good day.  :goodluck     Has he had any dementia testing done or do the Doctors think his confusion is due to his reactions to the medications he was on?  

:omg    Andi

We have a lot of wild rabbits here and I have to look out across the beeg yard before I let any of the dogs out into their fenced area. :crazy

I am not going for a hexray.   There is nothing to be done even if there is a little bone broken.  Staying off it is obviously the best option but that is impossible for me.  I may drive into the medical supply place this aft to se if they have a small ‘cast shoe’ to take the pressure off that baby toe. I used to have one but can’t find it...I must have lent it to someone.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Hello me freends!

Ohhh Anodder baby kitteh. What iz "warble"?

Miss Andi, dat's eggsiting!!! Maybe next time yoo will get it!

Hopefully Misser Jim habs a gud day!

Miss Sherrie :grouphug

Yestirday a WHOLE lot happined! Furst, momma-bear leftid us to sign da house fur real! It is now herown :yay

Butt afore dat dare wuz a yard commoshun. Yoo see, Dash, Zorro del galgo and I wentid outside fur ourown pee and LOW AND BEHOLD momma-bear startid screeching. Dare wuz a baby cardinal right in da middle obs da grass. It wuz so tiny, we culda eaten it in a single bite. Momma-bear knows not to touch baby birds, butt in a panic she picked it up and put it bakk in da tree ware da nest wuz. Da cardinal daddy wuz KNOT happy and SWOOPED momma-bear. We saw da baby a cupple time during da day, still on hisown branch wiff dem parents taking care obs it. So awl will be well.

Lookit its liddle crest!!!! :beatheart

448868588_366589509871074_13001937300230

Den once da baby wuz safe, we culd hang out in da yard wiff momma-bear so she culd see ifn he falls down agin.

448781256_840443847970506_37329929022286

Lookit dis owr freend Dash!

Den momma-bear wentid to da house to see how da house werked and bring a foo plants. We awr gonna go to da house on Saturday

Dis sum photos fur yoo. Hopefully soon I will be abul to show yoo ware my bed will be!

Dis da baffroom fur momma-bear (we iz knot allowed to p&p dare)

448861393_791080556425249_65561762928234

And dis will be momma-bear's office ware I will help her werk :

448798668_439138169026662_21001481572701

I will show yoo da yard laddah when momma-bear give it a liddle TLC. It has been neglected dis year!

Yoor freend,

Charlie, packing up hisown fud and blanky

• Like 5

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Oh, Cynthia!!!!  :heart  What a wonderful bathtub!  And a lovely view from your new office. I'm so happy for you.

Charlie, you did a very good thing by letting mama bear save that birdie. :nod 

I got sprinkled on this morning.  Bright blue sky.  Sunny. Rainbow in the distance.  I looked up.  There was one tiny peninsula of dark cloud over me. <_<

Gud hoomid Thorsday! Charlie, it iz a nasty fly larva. NASTY. Dey lubs to get on skwirrels around here.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Just as we got home from Wiki walkie the kidnappers were headed back to the creek with nets and a bucket. Say a prayer that all turtles are well hidden today. I am going to have to talk to them if they take one again, I can't be a bandit all summer.

Cynthia, the house looks great! And good work with the baby birdie. It's just an old wives tale that they will reject a baby that's been handled by humans. 

• Like 1
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

:wave

AP almost got Squirrel Under Glass!!  How exotic!

Ivy, I hope Misser Jim has a good day today and a good night tonight.  

Miss Cynthia saved a baby cardinal!  And has a nice-looking house.  

I hope the turtle-nappers come up empty!

Thanks to everyone who had kind things to say about Pastor Joe.  The world was sometimes better for him being in it and he will certainly be missed by many.

Miss Noo Carol

Big Sky Draft Horse Expo is where we head to tomorrow til Sunday morning when we head to the campground (finally!!!!)

Confuzzilated. What is the Camp trust?  Elizabeth help me out here; I must have missed something.

The baby cardinal is adorable. That little crest! Swoon!  

Pastor Joe sounds like a wonderful person and the picture with twinkling eyes .....🥰

That foot looks painful!  In the immortal words of one of our Student Health nurses years ago on the topic of toes ....."if it turns black, it's broken".

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

What a weird day.  Ma went away wif none ob us butt came back smelling ob other dog and ob the vet's office.  Now Tinker the kitteh is smelling and acting weird.  What's going on? Am I next?  Nope, Nattie.  You're safe, unless you pester Tinker. Yesterday I noticed Tinker licking a lot and found what looked like a claw scratch on his rear end, between the 2 exit holes located there. :blush I ordered a post-surgical collar but it won't arrive until Friday.  The wound looked rawer today, so I talked with the vet's office and went to pick up a e-collar.  They had a couple that people had donated.  We all think that if we can get Tinker to leave it alone and I can get antibiotic spray on it, the wound will be OK.  So, poor Tink is fighting the collar right now and there's nothing I can do that comforts him. Sigh.

Enjoy those house cleaners, Miss Chris. 

Miss Noo Carol, I hope that brush for baffing yourownself is just what you need to making baffing easy and comfy.  I actually cannot believe I just wrote the werds easy and comfy about baffing. :eek  People are soooo weird!  Still, :goodluck that the baffing brush does the trick!

Mam, I hope that poor bruised and maybe broken foot feels better soon.

AP, I hear those squirrels running away when I go out and I get real excited and bark and sometimes chase them too!  Isn't it fun to gib 'em some excitement. :evil

Ivy, Cherry, Miss Kathy, and Mister Jim, I'm sorry it is all so hard. :kiss2  Support groups can be a life saver. :nod

Miss Banessa, what a kind heart for kittens your Mom has.  This has been a busy and rough spring for her, poor fing.

Miss Cynthia bought Charlie and Zorro del Galgo and her and new house! :confetti  What a good job your Mama Bear did ob taking care ob that baby Cardinal -- Ma says that is one cutie pie baby bird. :wub:  That new house looks beautiful and welcoming and like it will make a great home for all ob you!  :yay

Miss Patsy, a draft horse expo sounds wonderful to Ma and she hopes you hab great fun!

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Mostly cloudings again today, and there was showerings but not at our house.  Hoping for some clearing later on so we can do a sunbaffing.

Oooooo!!!  Miss Patsy you will have so much fun with those big horsies!!!  :thumbs-up 

Miss Jerilyn, isn't it, like, illeegal to take aminals out of the wild and sell em, or keep em for pets???  Maybe they need to have a talking with some sorta poleese officer????  :dunno 

MIster Charlie!!!  :eek  You coulda EETED that baby bird!!!!  :eek  Even tho I am *extreemly* food motivated, I do not think I would akchooally eet something alive.  :eek  But your new house looks awesome!!  We can't wait to see the rest of it!!  :yay  

Miss Ivy we sure hope everybody at your house has a more betterer day today!  :kiss2 

Mister Gino, Momma says kittehs make funny sounds, tho *I* have never heard any myownseff ( :devil ).  She says the funniest one is when they are sitting by the winno watching the birdies outside and they do some sorta eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh- sound over and over.  :dunno  

Mam, you gots more energies than any hoomin I know!!!  :yikes  

Mister Nate, I do NOT think there is anything weerder than a kitteh in a e-collar!!!  :shakefinger  I bet that's not gonna last very long!!!  :lol  

Hahahaha!!!!  Momma thotted I was gonna go throo the winnow to get that stoopid skwerril!!!  :lol  I'm smarter than THAT!!  ;)  

Our cleaners aren't coming till affer luntsch time now, so we can relax and do our normill skedool for the morning.  Then we will just nap throo the cleaning and have our dinner on time.  That's the best skedool!!

Wishings for a thriving Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

7 hours ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

Gorgeous 14C    :coffee

I’m glad that Jim had a better night and hope he has a good day.  :goodluck     Has he had any dementia testing done or do the Doctors think his confusion is due to his reactions to the medications he was on?  

Nancy, Jim's neurologist tested him and said that, although his behavior mimics dementia, it is actually a brain injury from the autoimmune reaction he had to his cancer medication and then later to his covid booster.  Both caused severe encephalitis that resulted in brain injury.   :( 

• Sad 4