WFUBCC - #229 - June busting out

Gud hoomid affer da rain Satonday! We were nauhtee yesterday, first da Galoot wuz tryin to get a skwirrels, den we were barking at da whipper-snapper. 

Gud Stichin, Mizz Elizabeth!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Wiki, I forgot to post Ma's drivel comments about Mistress' werk issue.  What a big mess to be fixed if the test data got sucked in wif the live files. :eek  I hope the other option is what happened: they never sent the test file at all, butt are convinced that the error must be on the receiving end, since it couldn't possibly be their own fault. :D  So, has the source ob the problem been diagnosed yet?  We got a bunch ob inkwiring minds here!

Nutmeg, I too wonder when Ma will learn the lessons ob getting her own act together. Glad you and Zavvi aren't gonna starve.

Mam freed a fox kit from a soccer net trap!  :yay

Mistress is a bandit at heart!  I lub it! :yay

Cherry, you are becoming a Cujo houndie like me. I would like to welcome you to the fold, butt Ma won't let me. :blush  She thinks we bof need to stop the senseless growlies. <_<

Tiller, I'm sorry your leg is knot gonna be a simple splint fix. :grouphug  Miss Sherry is making sure you get all that you need. :kiss2

Miss Elizabeth, what a good deed you and Miss Carm did making crate pads. :yay  That's a great photo ob you bof wif the product ob your labors.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Good morning 

We have been watching the horse races at Ascot AP did your mom get up extra early this am to watch them  ?

It is going to be just another boring day here.  Even at this hour it is too hot to sunbath .  We are inside with the shades down & the chilly boxes blazing.

Miss Sherrie & Mr Tiller here is too a better day today for both of you.

Miss Nancy of the Berg how are you ?

Ignore the line.

Bitzi  back to doing nothing 

Edited by sabrina

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

47 minutes ago, LBass said:

Cherry, you are becoming a Cujo houndie like me. I would like to welcome you to the fold, butt Ma won't let me. :blush  She thinks we bof need to stop the senseless growlies. <_<

Would someone please tell Jupiter that growling at perfectly nice golden retrievers or g.s.d.s is senseless?  These are doggos who might  make nice friends.  He is learning to tolerate non-barking ankle biters little dogs.  He met one named Bogart today.  His owner asked me whether Jupe was gentle.  I could see he wanted his dog to meet Jupe as it should top Bogart from barkbarkbarking at us as we walk by.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Hi eberywon. Me bump on me chin is indeed a histiocytoma. Fanks Miss Ducky fur yur insite and info-sharink. Dey shubbed a sharp pointy fing at me hed :yikes and stabbed me! I woz bery, bery, bery brave and stood still and stayed calm. When da vet took me to get da proceejah done, after da patient room door closed and mummy sat down, she herd a sudden rising choruss ob peepuls (i.e. the vet and vet tech team) cooing out loud, Whosagudboi, Omgyoureadorable, WhatASweetCalmBoy, HeresALiverTreatJustForBeingCute, etc. :lol: It made mummy smile to heer dat. She also luffs dat it's an all-woman team - vet and vet techs all. 

Ennyhoo, I got a topical oinkmint fur it and iffen it gets irritarated or inflamed or doesn't go away in a few weeks dare's da possibility dat dey're going to cut it out ob me! ca1a20_3abadde7468b446092d03e702b712c2f~I mite haff to be eben braver. Mummy sincerely hopes it will juss go away and I won't scratch it, because iffen it comes off I will moss deffnitly haff to ware a cone and she can't afford to werk frum home or take lots of time off because now she is back to being the only IT support person. Her luffly colleague leefs in a week and she is juss GUTTED. 

Ennyhoo, I got attacked by a meen dog dis morning (I yam fine doh), and mummy is absolootly livid at herownself fur letting it happen eben doh her gut woz telling her in NO uncertain terms dat da dog's body language woz KNOT gud, and den his heckles went up and she immediately pulled me away and in a micrsecond I woz being attacked and vishussly barked at. I saw ALL ob his toofers! I woz bery souprized and instinctibly borked rite bak at hims to complane, butt den ran to mummy and cried and held a paw up. Mummy woz crazy werried and wood KNOT let da woman leef until she's checked me ober to make shore I woz unharmed. She woz angry at da lady fur saying her dog woz frendly and den being reely casual when he attacked me, butt in troof most ob dat anger woz directed at herownself, because eberyfink told her da close interaction woz KN0T advisable and den she stoopidly gave in to senseless politeness. (She is so mad at herownself her eyeballs leeked!). She says she will nebber ebber let dat happen again and KNOT lissen to her instincts. It's her risponsability to make shore nuffink bad happens to me. Dis akchooally ended up werking fur me because KNOT only woz I ok and unharmed, I got SO menny moor kisses dis mornink. :blush 

I yam now recibberink frum me ordeels :violin on me couch in frunt ob da chilly airs. It is rainink and much cooler heer today. 

Ennyhoo tooday is a sad day fur a numbah ob reezins, so I will cotch up later. Luffs to all and haff a nice Sattiday.

Lupin

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Miss Kerry, Ma says that she understands the tyranny ob wanting to be polite.  It is hard know to follow that paff. :grouphug and :kiss2

Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

We are home from playgroop and habs been :nappy for a while.   Momma and Daddy are back from :shop 

I will let Momma tell you about playgroop today- there were 9 houndies there!

We always meet just after dawn to avoid other breeds coming to the dog park.   But in the summer other people bring their dogs early to avoid the heat and give them a chance to run.   This morning a very nice woman came with a one year old sheepadoodle who was very active, but she had her at the other end of the park and all was well.    A little while later a man came with two pit bulls (no collars, just a chain around their necks) and another large dog.   One of my friends asked if he could wait while we leashed up our dogs and left.   He sneered and said "Well, this IS a PUBLIC dog park!"   We were just asking him to give us a chance to leash up and leave!   It took us less than 5 minutes to leave!    He ruined the mood of our playgroup.    Anyway, we left the park and all of us took our dogs on the walking path instead.

OK, Momma, my turn.    Miss Kerry, you are a gud houndie Momma to try to protekt Lupin!   Some peeple just don't know how to control their dogs!  I'm sorry today is a sad day for you.   :grouphug 

Miss Elizabeth?  I wish someone culd tell Cherry that it is KNOT gud to growl and borkborkbork at other dogs too!

Uh oh, gotta go- Momma and Daddy are taking us out for a quick potty break before it gets eben hotter outside!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Hawt in the 80lebendees today, then drizzlies tamarrow morning, then back to tipical Joon weathers of partly cloudings in the 70's for next week!!

Miss Ivy, stay cool over there on the Eest coast!!!  How did your Daddy do yesserday??  The full moon was sure pretty last nite - the Strawberry Moon!  Sorry Miss Cherry is kinda being a jerk.  Miss Kathy have you tried those calming chews, or putting in a feromoan diffuser thingy??  

Mister Lupin we are glad your lump was what we thotted it was.  Ushually they just kinda dry up and go away - tho sometimes they come back later.  Miss Kerry, it's all OK - Mister Lupin wasn't hurted, and maybe that silly owner learned something about theirown doggo.  :kiss2 

We're waiting Miss Jerilyn!!!  :shakefinger 

Miss Lizabeth, you and your friendlie did a good thing!!!  Sorry Mister Jupiter had a bad doggo interackshun too!!  :kiss2  Have fun today!!

So here's what Momma accomplished yesserday - OMG she was soooooooooo sweaty!!!!  :lol - this is alla our cornings!  They look kinda scraggly just affer planting, but hopefully they will perk up affer getting watered.

53807418137_7405ecd120.jpg20240621_115603 by Greysmom6, on Flickr

And here's our broccolililis!!!  Two big clumps of it!!

53808674504_75c4bef77a.jpg20240621_115549 by Greysmom6, on Flickr

Plus also, there's some peppers coming on, some tommytoes, and the peas and beanings and lemmin pukecummers are starting to bloom!!

But the skeeters are super bad rite now and Momma is itching all over!!!  :haha  And she's got, like, four bites on her ankle that are driving her nutso!!!  :haha  

Not sure if she's gonna do anything today - she's pretty wiped out offer yesserday.  So it mite be a horse racing/Olympic trials/baseballs day.  Stuff she can do sitting down!!!  :lol  

Wishings for a superior Satidday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

• Like 2

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Seems I have a lot to report today. Firstly, I’ve juss bin Wiki walkied in a dellooge (that means a lotta rains). It’s gonna rain all day and it looked like it was juss a normill rain instead of dellooge so out we went, Mistress wiff a brella and me in my rainscote. It was going OK until I did my poop then it was bad. :wow We hurried home and are tryin to dry out.

Lupin, I’m so sorry you got attaked! :( It happins to the best of us. Tell your mum not to wortwee, it happins to the best of hoomans too. My Mistress pritty mutch never lets me meet any other doggie unless I’m pullin over to meet them and they look reel nice. She gots no prollem sayin I’m not friendly iffen she don’t like the look of em. And we now know that she’ll throw poop at anyone runnin at me.

Tiller’s gonna join the Metal Leg Club! Sounds like he’s in good hands.

Miss Lizabeth you and your friendly look reel kewte showin off your werk. I was wonderink who the other ladies were but then saw it was a wall o’ mirrors. :lol

I bet Patty Ponee is gonna be sassy affer a week of freedom.

Cherry, you mussn’t be mean to your fambily!

The werk mystree was solved. Both the productshun file and the test file were sent to productshun. :omg It was an easy fix for Mistress’ stuff to juss run her test file in the rite place but it hosed up the prod stuff pritty good. It was a premium file so alla monies got oudda balance. The guy who normilly does the test stuff is in China for like a month and the guy fillin in for him messed up.

And aboot my Mistress’ bandit bizinss, :ph34r she didn’t break into a bildin or anything but the innerwebs is a public place. So let’s juss say that a wild aminal was taken from her home and Mistress brot her back. She knew talkin to the peeple who kidnapped her wouldn’t werk so she hadda take matters into her own hands and did it sneakily in the dark. She’s not sure that the kidnappers even know she’s gone so Mistress is for sure that she did the rite thin.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Oh no, Miss Sherrievan Tiller! Dat iz juss knot fare.

Miss Noo Carol, how wuz yur book? Did yu finish an start a noo one?

Ah do knot hate da heet...tho mah mama duz...but ah do knot like da funder an am rite now hiding in da basemint as a tic, tic, tic.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

What an unpleasant human at the dog park for Playgroup.  :angryfire  I'm glad you houndies got a good walkie.

Miss Chris' garden is growing, in all senses ob the werd! :D

Mistress is a great :ph34r for good!  And the office mystery is solved.  I'm glad the prod mess is knot yours to fix.  Ma always werked in small enough shops that she'd have had to do the testing and fix the production mess.  :lol:  Retirement's looking pretty good right now. :D

Nate

Miss Dr. Fruutkake, I did not finish the book yet.  Getting close though!  I'll let everyone know what I think of the new one when I start it. 

Tiller, I hope your injury heals quickly and you don't have to have surgery.  

My day went to He-double hockey sticks in a hurry this morning and doesn't seem to be getting any better.  :goodluck

Hope all of you are having a better evening!

Miss Noo Carol

Oh Noo Carol  :bighug

:catscat to rude dog owners.

Poor Fancy...  Hope the storm blew over quickly.

:(   I see that Willa has gone to the Bridge.       :bighug for Rachel, Doolin et al.

PattyKake was her usual whosagudgirl self after a week off, even with the heavy rain pounding on the arena roof.   And we even cantered down a line of poles.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

11 minutes ago, ScootersMom said:

Oh, Willa!  Run free, beautiful girl, with all four legs intact.  :grouphug

:cry1 Run free on four legs again Willa!

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

We are so broked of the heart for Miss Rachel losing her dear girl Miss Willa.  :kiss2  Boy howdy do we really hate that canser or what!!!  :angryfire  :angryfire  :angryfire 

We did nuthing today cause Momma was all achy in her back.  :rolleyes:  I haven't even gotted to play with the loor pole for three days!!!  She promises I can play tamarrow tho cause it's gonna be cooler!  :thumbs-up 

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

I wuz bery sad to hear that Willa went  to the Bridge.  She did so well as a tripod!  :cry1 

AndiPants, I hope you get to play with the lure pole today!

I hope Tiller is doing OK too.

Another hot hot hot day today.  It’s already 80 degrees and it’s only 4:30 in the morning! :eek 

Have a gud Sunnyday eberywon and stay cool! 

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

Rainy rains  :coffee

Bizzy day in the Shack but I’m going to ride Patty first. 

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Good morning. Yesterday morning I found out that Rachel was letting Willa go later in the day and didn’t want to say anything because it was not my place to do so, but I was sad all day for her. Willa seemed such a character, full of beans and life, and it’s all just horrible. We are sending more :grouphug :f_white to Rachel. :( 

So last night I was stroking Lupin’s shoulder and suddenly he cried. I touched it again and he cried and growled. I remembered the dog altercation in the morning, and although I had checked him at the time, it turns out that because of the location of impact right next to one of the harness straps, I didn’t see anything . However, it turns out that he did get bitten. He also took a whole patch of fur with him, and actually that’s how I found the spot last night. The wound itself is superficial (mostly he ripped fur) and by last night it was already scabbing over. I cleaned it and added Neosporin (I have Animax ointment from the vet to keep his histiocytoma disinfected, not sure if I can use that on his wound as well so just applied some Neosporin.) I’m going to watch him today and decide if I should go to the emergency (again!) for antibiotics. He's not yelping and lets me touch around it. He didn't growl or snap when I disinfected it this morning. I suspect that the area is bruised and that's what was making things sore yesterday, but I will keep an eye on it. I'm super stressed because of my colleague leaving (I'll be the only person supporting hundreds of people until they replace her, and that is always a slow process at universities), I’m supposed to be saying goodbye to my close friend today - she joined the Foreign Office and I won’t see her for 3 whole years :sad1 Aaaannnd, since that’s not enough to deal with apparently, my sewer decided to start gurgling again this morning. I’m really at the end of my tether, stress-wise. :headwall
Trying to stay calm but not sure what to do yet.

So anyway - I'm going to swear out loud for a bit, have a cup of tea, and decide what to do. Hope you all have a better day.

So sorry for those of you who are still suffering in the heat. Please stay cool and hydrated. :heart

Edited by MerlinsMum

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

GUd sweaty and hoomid Sunnyday! Lots ob hurties and stuff again in da whirld.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

26 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

Thank you all for your kind words about my girl. :heart

:grouphug   It's so hard to say goodbye, isn't it? :kiss2

Oh. My Word.  On our wiki walkie this morning, Jupiter let out a loud burst of flatulence.  :eek  His ears went up and he whipped around to see what was after him. ca1a20_be0c00b881394795bfa9f070c2b09b98~   ca1a20_26c5a85a480d474d800c265dd70b9363~  I laughed so hard I had to stop walking and regain my composure. :rofl   Him was not amused. <_<

• Haha 6

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Ma's just squalling and I'm sad to 'cuz we read that beautiful, full ob life Willa has gone to the Bridge.  :cry1

PattyKake was a good girl after time off. :yay

Miss Kerry and Lupin, I'm sorry that nasty dog bit and stole hairs and amde a painful bruise.  Fingers crossed that there's no need for an evet visit.
Miss Kerry, I'm sorry that so much is going on and that 2 important people in your life and leaving. :grouphug

Jupiter, my humans are real adolescent about farting sounds too.  <_<

We've been habing hot weather butt knot as bad as some ob you. I fink we're about to get ours.  The regular temp will bet to 95 today and the wall ob humidity that hits us as we go outdoors will make it feel like 100 degrees.  Ma's gonna go out to do the yard watering now and then we'll stay in the house and read foreber.

Nate

I made an appointment with the urgent care place because I just worry about infection - especially after my own experience with being bitten - and yes, it will be expensive, but it's better than worrying. I have so many other sources of stress right now that, honestly, I suspect that I'm doing this as much for my nerves and peace of mind as I am for Lupin. He seems fine, it's not bothering him, but I don't know if the dog that bit him is even licensed, up to date on shots, etc. And mouths are filled with bacteria. 

Am I being foolish? The wounds are really small. Ugh. I can cancel, I guess. I have two hours to think about it. 

Jupiter, thank you for the laugh, I needed that :rofl

Lucy! 100°F / 38°C :yikes I think that "reading inside forever" sounds like a good plan! You too, Kathy, and everyone dealing with ghastly temperatures. Btw, Kathy, so sorry that the guy at playgroup spoiled things. I don't understand why people have to be so aggressive and rude. 

Chris, I hope your back is feeling less achy today. :kiss2 

Pattykake :kiss2 

Elizabeth, I neglected to comment on the mats you made for the animal shelter. Thank you for soldiering through the boredom of that task for animals in need. :beatheart 

Jen, if you're reading this, sending :wave and kisses to the girls. 

Kerry, as they say “It’s better to be safe than sorry!”   At least it will put your mind at ease for one aspect of life!