Hello! This is just a little update for anyone who is interested. Buster, who we fostered a few times in December, has been with a family for the last month and should have his adoption papers signed this week. They have another dog to keep him company so it sounds like he’s landed on all four paws. Good for Buster!

Last weekend we had blue boy Merlin to stay with us. He was a completely different personality to both Buster and Buddy, but 100% good boy. We were both surprised on how many people approached us, and how many told us how beautiful he was, or what a gorgeous colour he was (both true!), but so were both Buddy and Buster and hardly anyone said the same about those big black beauties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2kqcf8IK9c/?igsh=ZHF6aDVnNzRuM3Yx

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2mRuHDIQQO/?igsh=Nnc0Y2hndnVoaW5x

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2pFGYmI09W/?igsh=MTl4c3A4cGxzcDZoeg==

This weekend we have Sammy just for one night. Sammy has no concept of personal space and after several failed attempts to get him to settle for bed last night, he invited himself up onto our bed, smashing through the last line that Dan had drawn about dog ownership! At 3.20 this morning, we woke up to find ourselves clinging to the edges of the mattress while Sammy stretched out in the middle, looking like life could not furnish him with any greater pleasure. Enjoy the photos!

Sammy the Greyt
Giant lapdog chest dog

Sammy the Greyt

Sammy the Greyt

Sammy the Greyt

Sammy the Greyt

Lapdog. Nailed it. 

Edited by MerseyGrey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

They are both lovely - and Sammy is evidently quite the character :lol:

• Like 1

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

So happy for Buster! And Merlin seems a very nice (plusalso handsome!) boy! This, I am still :roflhe invited himself up onto our bed, smashing through the last line that Dan had drawn about dog ownership! At 3.20 this morning, we woke up to find ourselves clinging to the edges of the mattress while Sammy stretched out in the middle, looking like life could not furnish him with any greater pleasure.

WTG Sammy :rofl :beatheart

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So, Sammy's staying right?

Merlin, member of the spikybush sh*ttersclub :rofl

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Sammy, Fuzzy and Roman approve! Especially R, the 85 lb lap dog! :D

And I say, there's nothing more beautiful than a black, shiny coat. Sasha my Lab had a coat like a record. 

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Hurray for Buster in his new home! :yay

Merlin is a beauty but Sammie seems just perfect!  A snuggler. :wub:

• Like 1

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Congreytulations to Buster and his new family!

Lookit the leg muscles on Merlin -- wow.  Also noted is his anticipatory alert stage in the forest walk pic as he sights an oncoming victim petting friend.

Lapdog pic :rofl   My dear Bazzy raced at 90 pounds/40.8 kilos and was absolutely convinced that if I would just stop  laughing and moving and screeching that he could fit perfectly well on my lap.  

• Like 1

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I *think* Sammy likes you. :wub: Quite a coup, getting you to surrender your bed! 

Congrats to Buster for landing in his forever home, and I'm sure it won't be long for the lovely Merlin. Will you be offering dogsitting services for your former fosters? 

Edited by ramonaghan
  • Like 1

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

What fun you're having!  Seems like Sammy has made the best case for staying with you permanently.

• Like 2
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Great news for Buster!

Merlin is _very_ handsome. I hope he finds his home soon.

Good thing you only have Sammy for one night. Sleep deprivation is KNOT fun. :lol What a character he is!

ETA: Opal had Sammy's love for closeness. Plusalso, she was unable to stay still. I loved the cuddles but did not enjoy having to protect myself from her bony self. Nor did I enjoy the sleep deprivation.

Edited by GreyPoopon
  • Like 1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

9 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

I *think* Sammy likes you. :wub: Quite a coup, getting you to surrender your bed! 

Congrats to Buster for landing in his forever home, and I'm sure it won't be long for the lovely Merlin. Will you be offering dogsitting services for your former fosters? 

Sammy *likes* everyone :lol. We took him home with us after a sighthound social that the kennels had organised, and as we left there we’re still a few people milling around. Sammy sashayed, serpentine fashion, from one set of human legs to the next, stopping for a quick lean on about five strangers before heading out the door with us. Such a floozy.

We have to stop ourselves from offering ourselves as a holiday home for the non-resident dogs. The rescue has a sideline of boarding and I think that’s how they keep enough money in the coffers. The sighthound social this weekend raised almost £900 which was way above their expectations, and will almost cover their vet bill for the month.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Sammy *likes* everyone :lol. We took him home with us after a sighthound social that the kennels had organised, and as we left there we’re still a few people milling around. Sammy sashayed, serpentine fashion, from one set of human legs to the next, stopping for a quick lean on about five strangers before heading out the door with us. Such a floozy.

We have to stop ourselves from offering ourselves as a holiday home for the non-resident dogs. The rescue has a sideline of boarding and I think that’s how they keep enough money in the coffers. The sighthound social this weekend raised almost £900 which was way above their expectations, and will almost cover their vet bill for the month.

Sammy--> :lol: I call a very outgoing dog a "flirt," but Sammy takes it to a whole 'nother level.

Funds raised-->Awesome! It's hard for rescues to keep up with vet costs, and must be a bit relief to have most of a month covered.

• Like 1

Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• 1 month later...

It's been almost two months without an update from the House of FosterFail Consideration :lol 

:rollin

• Haha 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

39 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

It's been almost two months without an update from the House of FosterFail Consideration :lol 

:rollin

:lol Well, that’s because when we last volunteered ourselves we got a wonderful response…they didn’t have any dogs that they could give us for the weekend - they were all out to foster with a view to adoption! Merlin and Sammy both look like their adoptions will go ahead, which is great news. 
You might remember that we had Ami with us for a weekend, who was perfect except for about 30 seconds where we feared for our lives. We got some more information about him and how he was treated, which wasn’t particularly nice, and the news about him is mixed. He is currently in long-term foster through the rescue’s vet, and they are going to spend time trying to work out what his triggers are for his ‘unfavourable’ behaviour, and they are going to try and see if they can iron out his issues. Him being with someone who has experience with dog behaviour is going to be essential, and they are going to assess him in a few months before possibly putting him back in the rotation for adoption. That is the good news. If they can’t work these things out, his future is a bit less certain. They can’t put him out for adoption if his behaviour can’t be changed - the rescue is quite small and they can’t risk him biting someone again. There was some talk of him becoming a sponsor dog, so they would keep him in kennels and raise funds for him. But it’s not much of a life for him - for any dog really. We will keep an ear out for him.

We have a long weekend here due to Easter and we have a guest. I was advised to keep this quiet specifically from you Jan - I have it on good authority that the minute you know, you’ll be booking a flight to see our handsome brindle boy Brolly. This will be his first time in a home of any kind. I took him for a walk last week, and will probably do so again before he comes here on Friday. Here’s a link to his picture on Instagram. I’ll get the spare room ready ;)

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4x1IG3I5_E/?igsh=ZGJvajQ2a3dkbW1q

• Like 2

Well if that isn't the best darn reason for the lack of updates - no doggos to share :confetti Everyone has a Hold or is being worked with (best of luck, Ami, dear boy). 

Ahem. Ah, yes, I see the comments :tomato It's true :blush But you should keep this handsome young man! :D Happy Easter!

• Haha 2

Awesome news for Merlin and Sammy! And, I guess, for the rescue, if not for the potential adopters. I hope Ami can be rehabbed.

Brolly is very handsome. Have fun! Enjoy Jan's company. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Good thoughts for Merlin, Schmoozing Sammy, and especially Ami.  :)  

I have it on good authority that the minute you know, you’ll be booking a flight to see our handsome brindle boy Brolly.

I think Rachel posted that on your instagram just to divert attention from her slipping in to add to her brindle addiction collection.  Hope you all have a good foster weekend!

• Haha 3

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Posted (edited)

I took Brolly for another walk yesterday so he would be a bit more familiar with me before we brought him home for the weekend. He’s not really shown his cuddly side yet but he’s only been with them for about two weeks so I think he might be a bit shelll-shocked from the change of situation. Enjoy the video!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5B7_qhINzy/?igsh=MTNnZWI4a28zOHo0bg==

Edited by MerseyGrey
Bloody autocorrect
  • Like 3

Brilliant! What a lovely boi. Thanks to you, Brolly is doing great! I'm still laffing at the daffodil massacre, brindle boi Aiden :heart was also a bush pooper.

(Sigh. Must look away quickly ......)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brolly is a very busy boy. :lol: 

My cousin-in-law had a dog (a female golden, if I recall correctly) who liked to go in bushes ... head first. She was more a "private pooper" than a "plant killer." :lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1