The 12th Anniversary of the Great International Houndie Handoff

greysmom

Well, it's that time of year again.  My picture memories and Facebook memories are full of love and adventure this time of year.  Today, in 2011, I set off from my house to drive to the Washington State side of the Canadian border to pick up two greyhounds - an adult and a PUPPY.  This was entirely arranged through Greytalk, and friends and contacts from here!!  It was totally awesome!!

You can read about the experience in this thread from a past Anniversary post in 2020:  The 9th Anniversary of the Great International Houndie Handoff

Both Whiskey and Lilly have gone over the Bridge now - Whiskey 4 years ago and Lilly almost 2 years ago.  It's both a happy and a sad day for us.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

That was a great day! 

:bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Such a great story. Whiskey was such a handsome guy. And little did you know that puppy would grow to be what? 90 lbs? KLilly. :heart 

:grouphug 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Pretty sure that many of us spent the day refreshing our browsers and saying "Why hasn't she posted yet?" :lol

Miss those kids. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I remember that day, what a story!  :heart   I can't believe Whiskey and Lilly have been gone so long.   They left quite a legacy!  

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

The official beginning of Holiday season, the Greyt International Houndie Handoff!  I wonder if we’ll get the Christmas Tree Stand of Death?

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Oh, what a most WONDERFUL day and night that was. I treasured every minute of my night with Whiskey and Lilly and miss them so much.

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Please go to the Forum WFUBCC #224 - Winter Is Coming!! in Cute and Funny to read about the Christmas Tree Stand of Death :lol

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

• 2 weeks later...