Problems with Greytalk the last two days

Jeff, 

Over the last two days I have had issues of Greytalk kicking me off and then not letting me sign back in.  This happens on my desktop and fortunately not on my phone.  Then this morning I wrote a post and hit “submit reply” and it just greyed out the submit button and left me with a spinning circle like it was trying to post but couldn’t.  Right now I just tried to sign back in after getting kicked off and after a long time I got an error message saying “something went wrong please try again”.   Was there a recent update that changed things?  Help! 

Kathy

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Not Jeff, but assuming it's a Windows machine, check Settings, Update and Security, Windows Update.  There is an update being deployed that causes all kinds of craziness until it's actually installed.  Has nothing to do with the site, but weirds out your browser and other functions until the update is fully installed.  I've now seen it on several machines in the last 3 weeks. There will be a notification on the Windows Update screen that there's a feature update waiting. Run that, wait an hour or two after it installs for it to completely update everything, and you will probably be good if that's the issue. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I’m using an iPad and a couple of times I’ve been asked to sign in to post in Off Topic and both times I got the same message as Kathy although I was signed in on another part of the board. The last time it happened, about 15 minutes ago, I was suddenly signed in and could access and post in Off Topic. :dunno

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I'm on Chrome, still getting weird behavior. Logged in, logged out, yes post, no post...

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

There is definitely some problem going on with the site or maybe some work going on.  If I go to the home page I am signed out and unable to sign in as the Sign-In function won't click.  If I click on an existing thread I am signed in when I go to the page. 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

2 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

There is definitely some problem going on with the site or maybe some work going on.  If I go to the home page I am signed out and unable to sign in as the Sign-In function won't click.  If I click on an existing thread I am signed in when I go to the page. 

Yes!   That happened to me too! 

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I’m a member of that club!

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Did a forum update the other night, today is the first day using it on my phone, and I am seeing the login issue as well. Not with chrome, but with Kiwi browser. Even though we don't have ads, disabling my ad blocker allowed chrome (phone) to login, but not Kiwi. Hopefully they issue a fix soon. When I get back, I'll see if I can clear the online cache, but I'm not sure that will correct it.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Did a forum update the other night, today is the first day using it on my phone, and I am seeing the login issue as well. Not with chrome, but with Kiwi browser. Even though we don't have ads, disabling my ad blocker allowed chrome (phone) to login, but not Kiwi. Hopefully they issue a fix soon. When I get back, I'll see if I can clear the online cache, but I'm not sure that will correct it.

I was using Chrome and had the login issue. I have UBlock Origin already disabled for this site and it doesn't show that anything is blocked anywhere.  Don't know if that info helps or not. 

I have no issues on my (Windows) laptop, but have to try to login repeatedly on either my (Android) phone or tablet before I can get GT synced.  I've found sometimes that restarting the device will let me login.  All devices are using Chrome for a browser.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

1 hour ago, greysmom said:

I have no issues on my (Windows) laptop, but have to try to login repeatedly on either my (Android) phone or tablet before I can get GT synced.  I've found sometimes that restarting the device will let me login.  All devices are using Chrome for a browser.

48 minutes ago, teri_d said:

I’m having the same issues - won’t let me log back in either

I'm using Chrome on Windows.  Try clicking on any thread or forum and you may be logged in anyway. For me it's only the home page where I'm not logged in and going anywhere else on the site fixes it. 

Chrome on Windows 10 and I've been among those unable to log in to GT.  My pc updated this morning and I found that restarting it after the update was completed fixed the problem for me, at least for now.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

This morning I went into GT on my I phone, wrote my usual morning post on WFUBCC and when I submitted it my post showed up under someone else's username!!  I tried it once more and the same thing happened.   Then I signed out, signed back in and it showed up with my username.   Really strange! (insert Twilight Zone theme song here  :unsure ),

Edited by Potomacpupsmom

Yesterday afternoon the Soap Box section was gone. Tried to post in this thread about that and Submit Reply wouldn't work. Usually I stay logged in, so I logged out then in with no success.

Same problems this morning.

Using Firefox on my laptop, I went to the top of my url address bar. Clicked on the lock symbol beside https://forum.greytalk...etc. Clicked to clear cookies for just this site.

Clearing my cookies got me back on board.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Jeff, just sent you a question via Support about now not being able to log in. That question was sent successfully. When I scrolled to the top header to get back to the main menu I was oddly back to being logged in.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

No joy in trying to log in this morning.  Restarting the pc didn't help this time.  Chrome + Windows.

ETA: this post see itself as mine.

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

The access problems appear when the site looks like this, with headings not in Bold
199561198_3071563683168715_5676010002461

Versus the usual appearance with Bolding
201074375_3071580409833709_8779680093885

Jumping up to the page top to click on the header seems to be what gets me unrecognized as being signed in again....sometimes.

tiny hada siggy.png

This is also happening to me on both my phone and my desktop computer.  If I click on any forum, it opens that forum and I'm actually logged in.  I can then "back-up" to main forum and I'm logged in.  It's really bizarre behavior.

Jeff - the following two messages are from Ducky.  She can't get on GT at all now, and has tried several times this am, after trying all the normal trouble shooting processes.

I can't get back on GT. I deleted the cookies, tried going direct to GT rather than from the saved linky in my toolbar. Won't accept me signing in, nor post, nor ask Support/Jeff for help. The only thing left to try is to run the pending Windows update, which I'll do now. Having trouble on both my Windows laptop/Firefox and iphone. I noted this weird behavior but since I can't send it to Jeff, can you forward it to Jeff within Kathy's tech question thread? Sometimes I can read it there and sometimes I can read our WFUBCC thread.

GT is driving me nuts. I deleted cookies. When I click on my saved upper toolbar icon for GT it takes me to the home page. I rarely log out but I haven't in a while and it made me log in, but then wouldn't let me in. I can see the main thread menu so I clicked here and can read this thread and it shows I am logged in.

Kathy, I tried to post in your thread about the access problems. It will let me compose but won't send.

Editing to add what I tried to post just now in Kathy's tech thread:

Adding to bizarro land, returning now to GT via the link/bookmark in my upper toolbar on my laptop I get to the home page. I had not signed out since last visit yet it says I am not logged in. Then will not let me log in.

Since I can see the main topics menu, I click on this thread. Oddly enough it now says I am logged in.

Editing to add that I wrote the above hours ago but couldn't post. Returning now I find I am logged in. Go back to the main topic menu and now I am not logged in. Came back to add this and to see if it will be accepted as a posted since this page shows I am logged in.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

testing

tiny hada siggy.png

I didn't do anything different other than click the url lock for GT again to unlock it. It was a no-go until another try where a pop up gave me the option to delete my saved password.

Obviously I'm back on now, but my "lock" has an ! indication that it isn't secure. IIFC, that is not a big deal here. Is that correct, Jeff?

tiny hada siggy.png